Sign in with
Your question

Copy photo's on to DVD-R

Last response: in Mac Os X
October 5, 2012 10:41:53 PM

Is coping photo's to a cd the same as coping them on to a dvd-r? When trying to copy my photo's, it tells me to:

*To copy a file or folder to a floppy disk
Insert the floppy disk into the disk drive.
Open My Documents.
If the file or folder you want to copy is not located in My Documents or its subfolders, use Search to find it. To open Search, click Start, and then click Search.

Click the file or folder you want to copy.
Under File and Folder Tasks, click Copy this file or Copy this folder.
In Copy Items, click 3 1/2 Floppy (A:) , and then click Copy.
Notes

To open My Documents, click Start, and then click My Documents.
You can also copy a file or folder to a floppy disk by right-clicking the file or folder, pointing to Send To, and then clicking 3 1/2 Floppy

The problem is there is nothing that says 3 1/2 floppy disk. Is a floppy disk same as a CD?

Please advise,
Thanks

More about : copy photo dvd

October 5, 2012 10:59:29 PM

"Is coping photo's to a cd the same as coping them on to a dvd-r"

Yes.

"Is a floppy disk same as a CD?"

No; the floppy disk is the older 3 1/2 " square disk that holds 1.44MB of data.

m
l
October 6, 2012 7:52:15 AM

You're confusing me with the whole 3 1/2" floppy disk thing. Are you really trying to move photos onto a 1.44MB floppy disk? My cell phone takes photos bigger than will fit on a floppy disk. A CD is already yesteryear media, but a floppy.... :whistle: 
m
l
Related resources
October 6, 2012 8:31:12 AM

3 1/2" floppy on a Mac? Just how old is your computer?

And since when did Macs have "Start" and "My Documents" to click on?

When you say "it tells me to" what exactly is "it"?
m
l
October 13, 2012 12:54:58 AM

I am sorry, it came up that I have a MAC, I do not I have a PC. So again my question is are a CD and DVD commands the same. The answer I got was YES, then when I was going to copy my photo's onto a DVD-R it commands me: *To copy a file or folder to a floppy disk (doesn't say photo's and my photo's are in a folder)
Insert the floppy disk into the disk drive. (I assumed that meant DVD-R into the disk drive.)

Open My Documents.
If the file or folder you want to copy is not located in My Documents or its subfolders, use Search to find it. To open Search, click Start, and then click Search.

Click the file or folder you want to copy.
Under File and Folder Tasks, click Copy this file or Copy this folder.
In Copy Items, click 3 1/2 Floppy (A:) , and then click Copy.
Notes

To open My Documents, click Start, and then click My Documents.
You can also copy a file or folder to a floppy disk by right-clicking the file or folder, pointing to Send To, and then clicking 3 1/2 Floppy

(The problem is there is nothing that says 3 1/2 floppy disk. Is a floppy disk same as a CD?) and your answer to me was that in fact a floppy disk is not the same as a CD or DVD...is this not correct?

Thank you for helping me!
m
l
October 13, 2012 2:26:16 AM

Forget the Floppy. It has nothing to do with adding data to a CD or DVD. CDs and DVDs are optical media. You don't "copy" to them. You need to "write to" or "burn" optical media. This requires burning software to accomplish this task. Windows has built-in software to burn disks, but most people use a third party program. This is the one I use. It's free and works well.

http://cdburnerxp.se/en/home

The important thing with burning to a DVD-R disk is to have enough data to mostly fill the disk. Although you can continually add more files to the disk by leaving it "open-ended" it has to rewrite the TOC (Table of Contents) each time you add a new file, lessening the amount of usable space available for more files.
m
l
October 18, 2012 6:26:15 AM

A great way to back up important information like photos and documents saved on your computer is to burn them to a blank DVD. Computers tend to crash from time to time, and with hackers constantly inventing new viruses your computer may get infected, destroying your files. Using a blank recordable DVD to store important information that you want to keep or share with others ensures that if something happens to your computer, you have a copy of the files.

More you can read from here:
http://www.ehow.com/how_4743723_copy-pictures-dvd.html
m
l
!