How to uninstall HP driver software manually

Status
Not open for further replies.

Can ayonoe tell me how to manually uninstall the driver software for
an OfficeJet 720 multifunction printer and a DeskJet 722C printer? The
normal uninstall routine does not work and HP's WEB site offers no
help. Operating system is XP Pro

"Robert S. Heintz" <aircav@optonline.net> wrote in message
> Can ayonoe tell me how to manually uninstall the driver software for
> an OfficeJet 720 multifunction printer and a DeskJet 722C printer? The
> normal uninstall routine does not work and HP's WEB site offers no
> help. Operating system is XP Pro

For the DeskJet 722 just open the printers folder, right click on the DeskJet
722 and select delete. I suspect the same would work with the Officejet 720
but have not tried that.

Regards,

mergatroid

Distinguished
May 2, 2008
I know this is an old post. However, I have the same problem and none of the solutions I can find will work.

A note to Anonymous: Deleting the driver is not uninstalling it.

I have followed HP's instructions to install an HP 470. They did not work. I double click the setup software and the progress bar goes so fast you almost can't read it before it's gone. It didn't install, so I used the "add new hardware wizard" by plugging the printer in, and pointing the installer to the directory containing the decompacted driver software (note this is a 2ndary method HP says you can use). The printer installed fine and worked. Now the printer is gone and I need to uninstall the driver. There is no HP software in the start menu, and add/remove programs does not list the printer. I have run the "HP Scrubber" and the "uninstall.bat" files and nothing works. The printer is still there. I even went to HP's site and loaded the page that said it would uninstall the printer driver, but the page doesn't work at all. (way to go HP).

I need to install another HP printer to test it and I don't want to in case I end up with multiple HP drivers I cannot remove. I have always found that some HP drivers are the absolute worst to deal with and I don't understand why they can't find anyone who can write driver software properly.
If anyone has a solution I'm all ears. Otherwise if I cannot find a solution I will have to just delete it but that will not get rid of the the registry entries and other junk left behind.

If anyone has any ideas I would really appreciate hearing from you. Thanks.

I finally found another uninstaller that did the trick. Anyone with problems like this just keep googling, you'll find what you're looking for eventually.

cjkgd5

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2011
mergatroid
I am in the same boat as you were, what program did you find! Please get back to me I am using a officejet L7680 if that matters.
Thanks
cjkgd5

vnc

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2011

Well, you're a big help! How about a link or at least the name of the uninstaller?!

PC-Guru

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2011

Sorry, don't mean to laugh but your reply is too funny. He doesn't post a link to the uninstaller he raves about.

Try using the 'Kyocera deleter" driver app. It works on all printer drivers even HP and should cleanly delete all printer drivers. It's in zip format. Download it, unpack it, install it and run it. After it's done reboot your computer and go to HP and download your specific printer driver and software you need.

Please post back to let me know how it worked out.

Here are some additional instructions:
http://community.spiceworks.com/how_to/show/1636

Here's the link.

http://www.kyoceramita.eu/index/service/Technical_Support/faq/faq_details.L3ByaW50ZXJfbXVsdGlmdW5jdGlvbmFscy9mYXEvZG9feW91X2hhdmVfYW55X3Rvb2w~.html

http://www.kyoceramita.eu/index/service/dlc.html?initial=false&search=any&searchTerm=deleter&categ
ory=

vnc

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2011
Thanks for the link to the Kyocera uninstaller. At least I got my HP 3052 to work as a printer again. Scanning still broken - I don't think I'll ever be able to use it as a scanner again. Darn you HP. If I didn't say so here, I tested out another HP printer on my computer (stupidly, as it turns out), it broke the 3052, and I have been able to fix everything except the scanning.