Advice on "Call Forward" versus 2 calls...

Hi. I'm hoping someone can give me some advice. I am working with a
firm that has a "call forwarding" service that they want to start. The
service application is written on top of VoIP and SIP. What they would
like to do is register a number of DIDs that they will provide to their
subscribers. When the DID is called, they will forward the call to the
user's "real" phone number based on a number of factors, time of day,
etc.

The issue that I'm running into is this. In VoIP, this looks like 2
calls to the service providers that we're talking with. They want to
charge us for the DIDs, the inbound call, and the outbound call. I
know in SS7/ISUP you could do a call forward, and this would remain 1
call--not 2 calls.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to the best way to get around this?
Paying 2 call charges plus the DID for ALL CALLS is going to kill the
business model.

Thanks,

William

RC

You can look around for a provider that will let you forward the call on a
PRI. The ones I've done were all forwarding to other lines that were part of
the same plan (like centrex but without the centrex name). Otherwise you're
SOL. What you're doing, or trying to do, is an old idea. It works for the
providers or the CLECs who have special deals with the providers, it doesn't
work on the smaller scale. As you are finding out.