Real-world weather

Last response: in Video Games
August 28, 2005 5:02:08 PM

Has anyone tried downloading Real world weather in the default fs9,
with a Rate on Extreme to max down in the New Orleans area? All I get
is Clear-wind 076 at 19-visibilty 50mi. what’s up with that??

Dennis O

More about : real world weather

August 28, 2005 5:31:10 PM

dohallo wrote:
> Has anyone tried downloading Real world weather in the default fs9,
> with a Rate on Extreme to max down in the New Orleans area? All I get
> is Clear-wind 076 at 19-visibilty 50mi. what's up with that??

As of 1800 UST, Intellicast was reporting wind NE 23, gusts 30, visibility
10 (high as they go), so outside of the high gusts you're close. Be
interesting to see what it is tomorrow morning... :-(
Anonymous
August 28, 2005 7:11:15 PM

>Has anyone tried downloading Real world weather in the default fs9,
>with a Rate on Extreme to max down in the New Orleans area? All I get
>is Clear-wind 076 at 19-visibilty 50mi. what’s up with that??

And you expect the people in the airport weather station to stay there
so you can load a report in your simulator? :-)

===
All the best!
Katy Pluta
August 28, 2005 11:10:59 PM

Also, remember that the weather reporting stations at the airports are
closed. So we aren't actually getting the reported weather.

If you can get to the closest airport that is open you might be able to find
at least some of the bad weather.

Not4wood

"CRaSH" <sorry@aint-here.spam.com> wrote in message
> dohallo wrote:
>> Has anyone tried downloading Real world weather in the default fs9,
>> with a Rate on Extreme to max down in the New Orleans area? All I get
>> is Clear-wind 076 at 19-visibilty 50mi. what's up with that??
>>

> As of 1800 UST, Intellicast was reporting wind NE 23, gusts 30, visibility
> 10 (high as they go), so outside of the high gusts you're close. Be
> interesting to see what it is tomorrow morning... :-(

Anonymous
August 29, 2005 12:22:07 AM

.... there came a great dohallo <dohallo@forums.simradar.com> flying,
and he bore tidings beyond hope, crying:

>Has anyone tried downloading Real world weather in the default fs9,
>with a Rate on Extreme to max down in the New Orleans area? All I get
>is Clear-wind 076 at 19-visibilty 50mi. what?s up with that??

the FS9 engine is not capable of "displaying" hurricans, extreme winds
and low pressure! (no official confirmation of this, but past hurrican
occurences have proven that fact ... :/  )

Cole
--
"This is an extremely primitive and paranoid culture."
(James T. Kirk on 20th century America, Star Trek IV)

FS has limits, once the real world goes over the limits, FS will display
"normal" weather....

--
From Overlag - Adam Webb

"Cole Turner" <ccole@nospamm> wrote in message
> ... there came a great dohallo <dohallo@forums.simradar.com> flying,
> and he bore tidings beyond hope, crying:
>
>>Has anyone tried downloading Real world weather in the default fs9,
>>with a Rate on Extreme to max down in the New Orleans area? All I get
>>is Clear-wind 076 at 19-visibilty 50mi. what?s up with that??
>
> the FS9 engine is not capable of "displaying" hurricans, extreme winds
> and low pressure! (no official confirmation of this, but past hurrican
> occurences have proven that fact ... :/  )
>
> Cole
> --
> "This is an extremely primitive and paranoid culture."
> (James T. Kirk on 20th century America, Star Trek IV)
August 29, 2005 3:56:50 AM

"Katy Pluta"
> And you expect the people in the airport weather station to stay there
> so you can load a report in your simulator? :-)

On my last vacation to the third world, I looked up at the anemometer at the
airport's automatic reporting station... it was dead stopped in a 20 knot
wind. I guess those things are just too hard to repair.

Dallas
Anonymous
August 29, 2005 1:22:07 PM

And you expect the people in the airport weather station to stay there
so you can load a report in your simulator?

All the best!
Katy Pluta

I just though, maybe, just maybe, that at Armstrong New Orleans Intl
that was still open at 2:00est 1:00p there time there would be a
weather station open? And no I wouldn’t expect any one to stay, I know,
I went threw 3 hurricanes last year, one right after another here in
Florida.

Thanks for you input.

Dennis O

August 29, 2005 2:53:42 PM

.... there came a great "Adam Webb" <adam@ajmysecondname.eclipse.co.uk>
flying, and he bore tidings beyond hope, crying:

>FS has limits, once the real world goes over the limits, FS will display
>"normal" weather....

exactly, that's what I meant ... :(
--
!