airalex1919

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2006
i am trying raiding 2 raptors in raid 0.

i am installing windows xp pro+sp2, i configure my raid install the drivers with f6 like your supposed to when you boot from the disk. i format them succesfully and when it is about to reboot it freezes! so i manualy reboot and coninue installing windows and make it all the way through. then once windows is installed i try to reboot again and it freezes in the prosses. i cant even shut down with out it freezing. i ran tests on both hardrives, niether have bad sectors and both passed all tests. i tried a different motherboard and still have the same problem. i tried installing windows on them individualy with no raid configured and both work fine. could it be the raid controller? because one of my drives are labled wd800 and one is wd740 but they are both the same size and are both raptors. help!

Which mobo do you have and which contoller are you using? Also, a WD800 isn't a raptor, it's an 80gig 7200rpm drive. You can use different sized drives although it will only use the smallest drive size, in this case, 74 gig. I don't know if the different drive rpm's will cause latency problems, but it's a possibility.

airalex1919

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2006
no there is also a raptor labeled wd800gd. look it up! thnx tho any thoughts?

i am using an nforce4 sli mother board and using the standard nvidia raid

Pain

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2004
I had issues once where I had to use a backlevel driver to get it to work. Might want to check for older drivers.

Sorry about that. It doesn't seem to follow WD's normal naming convention. I couldn't find the WD800gd on WD's site, but found it via google.

It is an 80 gig drive so you will lose some space on it. Have you tried grabbing the newest nvraid drivers off NVidia's site? I initially had problems with the drivers included with my mobo. Newer drivers fixed it. I'm running raid 1 on my nivida controller. I also had to install 2 drivers, the "raid class controller" and the "sata raid controller".

airalex1919

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2006
THANK YOU SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH!!!! IF U WERE A GIRL I WOULD MARRY U!!!! jk i though it was was hardware related!!! THANK YOU!!!!!

Pain

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2004
And I assumed he already had the latest drivers and might need to go backwards. :wink: It's always one or the other, it seems. 8O

BTW, how does he know you aren't a girl?