New fan for geforce go?

buckiller

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2006
Hey i have a dell e1705 with a geforce go 7800 and wanted to know if there is a better way of cooling the video card than the stock fan/heatsink. Are there faster fans available, is their software that will let you control fan speed for the card and when it comes on?

I ask all this because my laptop gets very hot when gaming (the vid card part) and the fan is still silent/ only blows a little air out. And if i ever sit this thing on my lap it is very hot!

1Tanker

Splendid
Apr 28, 2006
Hey i have a dell e1705 with a geforce go 7800 and wanted to know if there is a better way of cooling the video card than the stock fan/heatsink. Are there faster fans available, is their software that will let you control fan speed for the card and when it comes on?

I ask all this because my laptop gets very hot when gaming (the vid card part) and the fan is still silent/ only blows a little air out. And if i ever sit this thing on my lap it is very hot!
You could try installing RivaTuner. It has
a fan speed control option. Not sure if it will work on the mobile card, but i
can't see why not. I think it's worth trying. GL :)

Kholonar

Distinguished
May 7, 2006
Never ever sit a laptop on your lap, some laptops are know to cause burns to people and for us males can lead to temporary infertility (or permanent if your bits start to melt or eeeek pop). Remember, you haven't god alot of nerves down there so you can cause damage without actually knowing.

Scougs

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2006
I don't know of any easy way of upgrading your laptop's cooling system other than maybe getting one of those cooling pads for the computer to sit on.

I have an Inspiron 9300 with a Geforce Go 6800 so I have an idea of what you are talking about with the heat. I would reccomend that you make sure that the vents on the bottom of the computer don't get blocked. Sometimes it helps if you rest the back edge of the computer on a hardback book or someting. If you do set the computer on your lap, be careful to rest it such that the vents can get plenty of air.

I use this program to control the fan speeds on my laptop: http://www.diefer.de/i8kfan/index.html

You can set the fan speeds manually or temperature controlled. I use the temperature control settings. I don't know about your model but with mine, the CPU fan can move more air than the GPU one even though the GPU gets hotter. Go figure. Another thing you could do, is use coolbits or RivaTuner to underclock the graphics card when you are just using 2D.