Jim

After installing SP2, now my I/E does not have capability
of opening .pdf files. This new Add on Manager does not
let me enable the Adobe, it says only the administrator
can change this, but I am the administrator. My Adobe 6.0
Reader opens fine from Desktop, and opens .pdf files that
I had saved in C directory. It does not appear to be the
Adobe, but the I/E setting. Any thoughts on how to enable
the Adobe in the I/E. please help. Microsoft SP2 Chat
was not very helpful.

Jim,

"This add-on is managed by your Administrator" message while managing an
add-on in Windows XP SP2:
http://www.winxptutor.com/sp2/addonpolicy.htm

Information bar appears when you open PDF files locally in Internet Explorer
(Windows XP SP2)?:
http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k/ie/ielocalpdf.htm

--
Ramesh, MS-MVP XP Shell/UI
http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k

"Jim" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
After installing SP2, now my I/E does not have capability
of opening .pdf files. This new Add on Manager does not
let me enable the Adobe, it says only the administrator
can change this, but I am the administrator. My Adobe 6.0
Reader opens fine from Desktop, and opens .pdf files that
I had saved in C directory. It does not appear to be the
Adobe, but the I/E setting. Any thoughts on how to enable
the Adobe in the I/E. please help. Microsoft SP2 Chat
was not very helpful.

Probably has something to do with SP2 blocking Active - x controls due to
securtiy reasons.