New Build-- processor????

carino411

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2006
Hello All Im a first time builder. I have been doing some extensive research on building PC's. I definately want a dual core, and i know the past couple of years AMD has been the Chip of choice for gamers. i intend to play games on my PC, but i do play most of my games on my 360, and most likely PS3 when it comes out.. But I do intend i getting two pci-e cards but they probably wont be top of the line.. (mid-range)
Im sorry for ranting, but my questions is after reading about Intels new Conroe chips coming out.. I like what i have heard and wonder if i should wait especially when they go on sale at decent prices (they seem to be more effecient and powerful).. Or will the AM2 chipset still be better?
Also does anyone know when AMD will be coming out with its 65nm processors?

carino411

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2006
Interesting on the dual cards Ill keep that in mind ill just probably get one mid range card , then if time tells and games come out utilizing the dual card system then ill opt for the dual set up..
And yeah Im more then likely going to wait till july 27 for the conroe.
I wish they would release mobo's that are Conroe compliant so i can start the build now and just get a inexpensive Intel chip to hold me over until after the conroe launch, beause i also hear there might be a shortage..lol

elpresidente2075

Distinguished
May 29, 2006
Of course there'll be a shortage! Lots of hype + Really Great Press + Acceptable price = not enough for everyone. They would have to had started mass production many months ago to satisfy the demand.

For me, I'm gonna wait to see what AMD shows on the 65nm side. That's when I'm gonna make my decision.

DDay629

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2006
Ironically this will raise prices on the Conroe from resellers because of the lack of chips. This is not good for Intel as they don't want customers to see these high prices, thats why you can bet they are pumping these out as fast as they can.

DDay

TRENDING THREADS