Sign in with
Your question

Countdown to banning

Last response: in Systems
June 8, 2006 3:32:03 AM

Since MMM and other pro AMD people have been banded for no reason recently and I'm the only one around here who will take his head out of his ass and look at both companys fairly I figure I'll get banned and this post deleted.

BTW: I'll create a new account when K8L's beat all Core 2s and tell you that youre super dumb.

More about : countdown banning

June 8, 2006 4:25:40 AM

lol, tats great? no one cares? ahaha

ur funny
June 8, 2006 4:34:29 AM

Quote:
Since MMM and other pro AMD people have been banded for no reason recently and I'm the only one around here who will take his head out of his ass and look at both companys fairly I figure I'll get banned and this post deleted.

BTW: I'll create a new account when K8L's beat all Core 2s and tell you that youre super dumb.

wow, its a freakin Forum lol

FORUM

F.O.R.U.M

nuff said
Related resources
June 8, 2006 4:53:35 AM

more space for us, ppl that arent pro amd or pro intel.....ever heard of that kind of person? and i believe its core 2 duo beating the x2 series, i dont know wat kind of moron would say something about processors that are way off, but of course this goes bak to ppl that have some kind of a brain and arent fanboys
June 8, 2006 8:23:23 AM

Quote:
Since MMM and other pro AMD people have been banded for no reason recently
No reason? Having an opinion, whichever company you prefer, is fine. Calling anyone who disagrees with it a....moron,
noob, Fanboy, troll, etc,etc,etc. isn't. They were banned for good reason.

:roll:
June 8, 2006 8:49:07 AM

Well why is Action_Man still here?
June 8, 2006 9:09:47 AM

Quote:
I'm the only one around here who will take his head out of his ass and look at both companys fairly

The only reason you'll be banned is for being so stupid and not brave.

Quote:
I'll create a new account when K8L's beat all Core 2s and tell you that youre super dumb.

Where is the fairness you spoke about in the very same post??? :roll:

*edit* typo
June 8, 2006 9:46:07 AM

When K8L is finished and tested better than core 2 duo, we will congratz AMD for a job well done. Therefore, you don't need to worry about coming back, just go on and join MMM and the other AMD fanboys @ their silly blog site.
June 8, 2006 9:49:52 AM

They were banned for VERY GOOD reasons...
Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
June 8, 2006 10:37:50 AM

Quote:

Oh you sweet little rebel... Can I be your friend?
June 8, 2006 11:04:16 AM

Seems there's STILL some cleaning to do here.
June 8, 2006 12:06:44 PM

Quote:
Well why is Action_Man still here?

I have to agree with that somehow...
Action_Man is an Intel fanboy, but he doesn't go as far as MMM went. What I mean is: Yes, he is a fanboy, sometimes insults people, but at least he provides information to backup his statements... MMM didn't, most of the time :wink:

Still, I'm happy now, because the Slinky and Das Keyboard are gone... aren't they??? 8O

:lol:  :lol:  :lol: 
June 8, 2006 5:57:08 PM

Quote:
Still, I'm happy now, because the Slinky and Das Keyboard are gone... aren't they??? 8O

:lol:  :lol:  :lol: 
Yes they appear to be gone, and so does Steve Austin. :cry: 
June 8, 2006 6:13:42 PM

I hate to say it but I found the keyboard and slinkys humorous. And I wish he would bring back steve instead of that neon green t-rex.
June 8, 2006 6:58:58 PM

Quote:

Do you mean banded as in tied together? I think it's kind of kinky but if the moderators think this is what they deserve, I have to go along with it.
June 8, 2006 7:22:46 PM

I'll see your ban and raise it two.

Tom's chapter 10 verse 3:

"On the eighth day God created Conroe and saw that it was good. But the people did worship Conroe as a false god making Him mighty cross. Thus he said unto the prophets:

"Go ye forth into the CPU forum and make peace between the blues and the greens. For verily in heaven they are all as one to me.

"Assholes.

So spaketh the lord.
June 8, 2006 7:39:12 PM

Why does anyone need to insult others on this forum?

Seems we should be here to share useful information, help each other
learn, state opinions and try to show reasonable tolerance
for the opinions of others.

When discussions degenerate to hurling insults or tagging people
with "labels", they become arguments and meaningful discussion seems
to end.

So what does that accomplish for anyone?
June 8, 2006 7:47:37 PM

I'm not sure but I think S7A88Y was complaining about fanboy-ism? If so I'd have to agree. It would be nice to get some reasoned, unbiased advice on what the current best buys are. A bunfight over computer parts isn't very helpful.
June 8, 2006 7:59:48 PM

Quote:
I'm not sure but I think S7A88Y was complaining about fanboy-ism? If so I'd have to agree. It would be nice to get some reasoned, unbiased advice on what the current best buys are. A bunfight over computer parts isn't very helpful.

Your point is well taken. But opinions about what one likes are OK, and can even be useful if the author bothers to mention why they like what they have.

Of course, some reason(s) beyond "because it is what I currently happen to own" would be useful. :p 

But S7A88Y's point was at least partially obscured because of his declaration that he'd be back to label all who disagree with him "stupid".
June 8, 2006 10:06:17 PM

Quote:
Since MMM and other pro AMD people have been banded for no reason recently
No reason? Having an opinion, whichever company you prefer, is fine. Calling anyone who disagrees with it a....moron,
noob, Fanboy, troll, etc,etc,etc. isn't. They were banned for good reason.

:roll:

That may be, but what do Action Man and the 30PMs I have say
Uf*ckinng N00b b*i*tch; the mods are byist. Also Conroe isn't that revolutionary. I Know 40% better preofrmance...over the worst P4. Just use your brains for once

One Day Down
June 8, 2006 10:40:04 PM

13 second SuperPi on your 3800? Pictures? Or is that claim to be taken as seriously as your reasons for starting this thread.
June 8, 2006 11:03:05 PM

Quote:

ok but theres no confirmed realease date for the K8L so stop grabbing for straws...as far as im conserned it may not even be out till mid 08...and by then Intel will have something better about to be realsed
June 9, 2006 11:35:37 PM

I agree; Action Man seems to like Intel more than AMD, but he's not going around cussing at everyone who disagrees with him.
June 9, 2006 11:48:50 PM

I disagree. Look at this post for starters.
June 9, 2006 11:49:33 PM

yeah, I got 13 with some tweeking and a add on card that I got demoed(I'm suprised your the first one to notice...) this will be my last post 4 awhile...tired of the 100 hateful PM's from Action Man and other haters.

I am serious about the Pi score mostly thanks to a new number crunching card I demoed; just a tip...invest in ATi stock.
June 9, 2006 11:52:10 PM

Quote:
I disagree. Look at this post for starters.

Wow...just look at Action Man's posts he said some pretty bad things

You just proved yourself wrong...Good Job Smarty!
June 9, 2006 11:57:46 PM

How did i just prove myself wrong.
June 10, 2006 12:15:41 AM

So why are you not recognised as a world record holding (??) Super-Pi'er for AMD?
June 10, 2006 12:45:26 AM

He doesn't like the attention.
June 10, 2006 1:21:57 AM

There is certainly a clique here, and it happens at every forum. It's not true of everyone, but many of the ones here with the highest post counts are in the clique and to them, IMO, the rest of us are outsiders.

As for banning or what ever, I'm all for it. It should happen more. There is no place to constantly insult people. Misunderstanding and disagreements are one thing. Contant teenage insults are quite another and don't belong here.
June 10, 2006 3:18:30 PM

Quote:
the mods are byist.
byist=short-hand for bicyclist? :?
June 10, 2006 7:25:47 PM

Quote:
the mods are byist.
byist=short-hand for bicyclist? :?or bisexuallist. 8O
June 11, 2006 5:43:27 PM

well for starters, benchmarks of conroe are better then the amd fx series, for example that fx62 vs core 2 duo 2.66ghz thing, now price wise and power drain core 2 duo seems like a better choice, we still hav to wait for retail benchmarks to come out of course. when amd releases wat ever is nxt then we will decide if it beats the core2 duos. performance is not the 30% they were talking about, but a $600 dollar processor beating a $1000 processor is well.....a good thing.

theres no point talking about cpus, gpus, etc. that are months away to someone who is gonna buy a comp in a few weeks max, then the waiting gets out of hand

if the mods banned every fan boy on the forum.....there would be....10 ppl left
June 11, 2006 7:33:27 PM

Quote:
when amd releases wat ever is nxt then we will decide if it beats the core2 duos. performance is not the 30% they were talking about, but a $600 dollar processor beating a $1000 processor is well.....a good thing.
They never said 30% improvement over AMD. They said ~40% improvement over high-end P4, and ~20% over an fx60 O/Ced to 2.8. Judging by all the surfacing reviews, and independant benchmarking, Intel wasn't BSing at the IDF. Imagine that,
now the conspiracy theorists have to look for other chinks in Intels armor, in order to "save face". :D 
June 11, 2006 8:39:41 PM

You can stop posting here; S7A88Y is my brother and he was banned (good riddens) but the reason givin was that he was insulting the mods, thats just wrong all he said is that they tended to lean far to the Intel side of the forums.
And yes, he did get 12 or whatever in Super Pi, but thats because he has a card that ATi and AMD joint made but haven't released yet (they will when they merge).
June 11, 2006 9:00:39 PM

Quote:
You can stop posting here; S7A88Y is my brother and he was banned (good riddens) but the reason givin was that he was insulting the mods, thats just wrong all he said is that they tended to lean far to the Intel side of the forums.
And yes, he did get 12 or whatever in Super Pi, but thats because he has a card that ATi and AMD joint made but haven't released yet (they will when they merge).
Wtf are you talking about? Super pi aint affected by graphics card's only by proc to performance.
June 11, 2006 9:34:24 PM

Its not a graphics card. Its a card that takes 3 PCI slots and 1 PCI-E. S7A88Y knows more about it, he works for ATi R&D.
June 11, 2006 9:41:13 PM

And what does it do exactly?

(By the way, if you wanted to make it at all believeable you wouldn't have said it works through PCI-E and PCI first of all, and any card you put into PCI would be so limited it would never be able to do any significant calculation - like taking 8 seconds of your Pi score. You're being an idiot.)
June 11, 2006 10:27:30 PM

Quote:
Its not a graphics card. Its a card that takes 3 PCI slots and 1 PCI-E. S7A88Y knows more about it, he works for ATi R&D.
I'm sure he does then tell me how many pixels can the x1900 render at 500 mhz?
June 12, 2006 12:24:16 AM

Quote:

fine now that hes gone we will continue to talk smack about his amd fanboy a$$, ur worse then that idoit who kept saying he works for sony and the cell processor will be at 5 ghz and his brother works at microsoft and that processor for the 360 will only be 1ghz

well guess wat, i hav a chip from intel and nvidia, they are gonna merge nxt month and its a core 2 duo processor thats 5 ghz and is gonna be released with a mobo that has 4 8900gtx cores in it. its not released yet, but i hav it since my brother works in intel and i get 300 fps average in oblivion running at 1600x1200 res with everything maxed, INTEL/NVIDIA PWNS AMD/ATI OMGOMGOMGOMG........................lol
June 12, 2006 12:42:12 AM

Quote:

Oh God u are hilarious. **Ohhh its all a conspiracy! theyre picking off us AMD hardcore fans, we must fight** Why you people seem to take it sooo personaly if someone bashes ur favourite chip manufacturerer.. ud think theyd just made some greivous insult at ur mum or something. As iv said before, in reality you dont care who makes the thing, as long as you have the fastest.
June 12, 2006 12:43:49 AM

Quote:

OH SHYT... are you SERIOUS. OMG OMG OMG... how come i dont know bout it ? guess what... my brother works at ati and guess what he saids to me?

he said tat he told your brother these stupid shyt, so stfu noob.

and guess what? i got another brother, he works at microsoft and he saying that apple is gonna merge with them in 2 months!.. its gonna be so crazy.
a new OS, its called, OS Xista... its gonna take up 4 gb just to run it alone, and its lowest processor that it can support is a 5 ghz core 2 tat ryokinshin talked about!
June 12, 2006 12:52:36 AM

lmao, its amazing with todays informed consumers u sitl find ppl brand loyal. who the hell cares wat name is on the sticker of the product u buy geez
June 12, 2006 12:54:58 AM

Wow, you took that ceriously...I hate my brosef, stupid little brothers. Intel will always be the best just because the simple name and marketing department. They could take dumps, wrap them in tin foil and sell a million of them for 1000 bucks each.
June 12, 2006 1:04:16 AM

wow scarcasm, and we dont care wat "brand" of cpu u like better because it dosnt matter if ur brain couldnt pick up anything from this thread. anyways im glad all these ppl are getting banned and i hope more fanboys do, we can hav.....more intelligent convos.....good lord that sounds like blastphemy
!