epson r200 loading cd tray

can any body help having proplem with the cd tray on my epson r200
when inserted i get a blinking of 2 lights with the on button lit up
when i try to insert tray a little further passed arrow points still
know diffrents, i have printer set up for cd copy in software setting
but printer seems to think i want to print from paper try as lights
go out once load front is closed again
28 answers Last reply
More about epson r200 loading tray

    maggspaul@hotmail.com (zenwarrior) wrote in message news:<4d170f9e.0503212346.5636139c@posting.google.com>...
    > can any body help having proplem with the cd tray on my epson r200
    > when inserted i get a blinking of 2 lights with the on button lit up
    > when i try to insert tray a little further passed arrow points still
    > know diffrents, i have printer set up for cd copy in software setting
    > but printer seems to think i want to print from paper try as lights
    > go out once load front is closed again

    thanks have got working now it seems to be because you need to turn on
    printer and let it go through its loading cycle before then opening cd
    tray holder

    On 21 Mar 2005 23:46:21 -0800, maggspaul@hotmail.com (zenwarrior) wrote:

    >can any body help having proplem with the cd tray on my epson r200
    >when inserted i get a blinking of 2 lights with the on button lit up
    >when i try to insert tray a little further passed arrow points still
    >know diffrents, i have printer set up for cd copy in software setting
    >but printer seems to think i want to print from paper try as lights
    >go out once load front is closed again

    Check that you not blocked the back of the printer, the Tray need to go a bit
    further than the marks by some mm.

    BILL wrote:

    > On 21 Mar 2005 23:46:21 -0800, maggspaul@hotmail.com (zenwarrior) wrote:
    >

    >>can any body help having proplem with the cd tray on my epson r200
    >>when inserted i get a blinking of 2 lights with the on button lit up
    >>when i try to insert tray a little further passed arrow points still
    >>know diffrents, i have printer set up for cd copy in software setting
    >>but printer seems to think i want to print from paper try as lights
    >>go out once load front is closed again
    >

    > Check that you not blocked the back of the printer, the Tray need to go a bit
    > further than the marks by some mm.

    I have to turn the printer on and finish. Then open the CD flap.

    Make sure that the tray has sufficient room to work as mentioned above.

    When i place the tray into the flap to the marks - a little further so
    that the tray touches the rollers then I keep finger pressure on the
    tray till it starts to load.

    My friend is on his 3rd printer in 10 months (R300) for CD tray
    malfunctions. All has been under warranty but that will soon end. A set
    of IP4000 carts is about 33% cheaper than Epson. If you live in Europe
    that would be the one to get if you require CD printing.

    "Sandy" <sandy@sandyp.com> wrote in message
    > On 3/26/05 1:59 AM, in article BE6A726F.100FE%sandy@sandyp.com, "Sandy"
    > <sandy@sandyp.com> wrote:
    >
    > > I have the same problem. It worked great for about 6 months but now the
    tray
    > > won¹t pass thru the printer like it used to. I also have the same
    blinking
    > > lights that you have. I just bought this printer for printing on my
    dvds and
    > > it gave fantastic results when it was working. I did a search on the
    internet
    > > and found a couple of other people with the same problem. I have my
    receipt,
    > > so I¹m going to call Epson tomorrow as it is still under warranty. I
    > > understand from my research that they will send a working printer (new
    or
    > > refurbished) and then I have 5 days to return the printer to them in the
    same
    > > box they they send. If I hadn¹t just purchased 6 new printer cartridges
    last
    > > week, I¹d just go get another printer because the cartridges cost me
    $74.00
    > > and Fry¹s had the printers on sale for $79.99.
    >

    > Ok, I tried it again after I wrote the above. This time I took all of the
    > regular paper out of the storage tray, inserted the cd/dvd tray and
    clicked
    > on print with my mouse. I had to give it a bit of a push, but the printer
    > finally accepted it and printed on the disc. It works until I can get a
    > replacement, because the tray should go into the printer without being
    > pushed.

    Epson will NOT replace your printer for this fault. It is a known
    engineering problem with the DVD tray itself, they will send you a new DVD
    tray. 100% of these printers suffer from the same problem. It is easier to
    just give the DVD tray the little "push" that it requires than to keep
    getting replacement trays from Epson.

    I've learned to live with it. I've printed over 700 DVDs with my R200 and
    still love the printer despite the problem with the DVD tray.

    Colon Terminus wrote:

    >"Sandy" <sandy@sandyp.com> wrote in message
    >

    >>On 3/26/05 1:59 AM, in article BE6A726F.100FE%sandy@sandyp.com, "Sandy"
    >><sandy@sandyp.com> wrote:
    >>

    >>>I have the same problem. It worked great for about 6 months but now the
    >>>

    >tray
    >

    >>>won¹t pass thru the printer like it used to. I also have the same
    >>>

    >blinking
    >

    >>>lights that you have. I just bought this printer for printing on my
    >>>

    >dvds and
    >

    >>>it gave fantastic results when it was working. I did a search on the
    >>>

    >internet
    >

    >>>and found a couple of other people with the same problem. I have my
    >>>

    >receipt,
    >

    >>>so I¹m going to call Epson tomorrow as it is still under warranty. I
    >>>understand from my research that they will send a working printer (new
    >>>

    >or
    >

    >>>refurbished) and then I have 5 days to return the printer to them in the
    >>>

    >same
    >

    >>>box they they send. If I hadn¹t just purchased 6 new printer cartridges
    >>>

    >last
    >

    >>>week, I¹d just go get another printer because the cartridges cost me
    >>>

    >$74.00
    >

    >>>and Fry¹s had the printers on sale for $79.99.
    >>>

    >>Ok, I tried it again after I wrote the above. This time I took all of the
    >>regular paper out of the storage tray, inserted the cd/dvd tray and
    >>

    >clicked
    >

    >>on print with my mouse. I had to give it a bit of a push, but the printer
    >>finally accepted it and printed on the disc. It works until I can get a
    >>replacement, because the tray should go into the printer without being
    >>pushed.
    >>

    >Epson will NOT replace your printer for this fault.

    My friend has 2 replaced in the past 10 months under warranty. That
    statement is not true. It may be an engineering problem but they still
    have to replace it. They do not say on the outside of the box that this
    device has an engineering problem, may not work correctly and is not
    covered by the warranty. It is NOT Epsons decision. They have to abide
    by the laws. At least this is the case in the USA.

    In article <BE6B3320.103B1%sandylp@sbcglobal.net>,
    Sandra Personette <sandylp@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

    > On 3/26/05 10:36 AM, in article SYh1e.2499711$Zm5.405771@news.easynews.com,
    > "Colon Terminus" <Colon_Terminus@hotmail.com> wrote:
    >

    > > "Sandy" <sandy@sandyp.com> wrote in message

    > > tray
    > > blinking
    > > dvds and
    > > internet
    > > receipt,
    > > or
    > > same
    > > last
    > > $74.00

    > > clicked
    > >> >
    > > Epson will NOT replace your printer for this fault. It is a known
    > > engineering problem with the DVD tray itself, they will send you a new DVD
    > > tray. 100% of these printers suffer from the same problem. It is easier to
    > > just give the DVD tray the little "push" that it requires than to keep
    > > getting replacement trays from Epson.
    > >
    > > I've learned to live with it. I've printed over 700 DVDs with my R200 and
    > > still love the printer despite the problem with the DVD tray.
    > >

    > I¹ll probably ask for a new tray, then, if that would help. Also, Fry¹s had
    > the printers on sale last week for $79.99. This was less than I paid for
    > it. The cost of replacing the ink cost me $74.00, so if at some time, I¹m
    > no longer able to get the printer to print, I¹ll just get another one. The
    > results are fantastic, to say the least. I¹m very happy with the job it
    > does.

    If you have a Costco store nearby, see if they carry the Epson R200 ink
    cartridges. Here in San Antonio, I recently purchased a complete set for
    about $59.

    --
    Gordon Alley <*>
    <mailto:galley@texas.net>

    On Sun, 27 Mar 2005 10:47:53 +0000, Sandra Personette wrote:

    Does MSEntourage not allow you to switch off the HTML posting and use
    plaintext?

    --
    Dave
    I don't know what I'm doing. That' why I'm here.

    Sandra Personette wrote:
    > On 3/26/05 10:20 AM, in article
    > UJh1e.15731$C47.6118@newssvr14.news.prodigy.com, "measekite"
    > <measekite@yahoo.com> wrote:
    >
    > My friend is on his 3rd printer in 10 months (R300) for CD tray
    > malfunctions. All has been under warranty but that will soon end. A set
    > of IP4000 carts is about 33% cheaper than Epson. If you live in Europe
    > that would be the one to get if you require CD printing.
    >
    > Sandy wrote:
    >
    >> I have the same problem. It worked great for about 6 months but now
    >> the tray won’t pass thru the printer like it used to. I also have the
    >> same blinking lights that you have. I just bought this printer for
    >> printing on my dvds and it gave fantastic results when it was
    > working.
    >> I did a search on the internet and found a couple of other people
    > with
    >> the same problem. I have my receipt, so I’m going to call Epson
    >> tomorrow as it is still under warranty. I understand from my research
    >> that they will send a working printer (new or refurbished) and then I
    >> have 5 days to return the printer to them in the same box they they
    >> send. If I hadn’t just purchased 6 new printer cartridges last week,
    >> I’d just go get another printer because the cartridges cost me $74.00
    >> and Fry’s had the printers on sale for $79.99.
    >

    > I finally got it to work with a little push on the tray. I just called
    > Epson and they are sending me a new tray. It looks like the little
    > plastic guides on the end are bent a bit. I have looked for other
    > printers for dvds and cds and can’t find any in the US that are
    > reasonably priced. If I have to, I’ll just buy another one. I’m so
    > pleased with the results.

    I'm thinking that the rollers are worn or dirty - I have to do the same
    but I'm up to quite a few CD prints cold be up to 600 by now.

    > Colon Terminus wrote:
    >
    > >"Sandy" <sandy@sandyp.com> wrote in message

    > >tray

    > >blinking

    > >dvds and

    > >internet

    > >receipt,

    > >or

    > >same

    > >last

    > >$74.00

    > >>Ok, I tried it again after I wrote the above. This time I took all of
    the
    > >>regular paper out of the storage tray, inserted the cd/dvd tray and
    > >>

    > >clicked
    > >

    > >>on print with my mouse. I had to give it a bit of a push, but the
    printer
    > >>finally accepted it and printed on the disc. It works until I can get a
    > >>replacement, because the tray should go into the printer without being
    > >>pushed.
    > >>

    > >Epson will NOT replace your printer for this fault.
    > >
    > My friend has 2 replaced in the past 10 months under warranty. That
    > statement is not true. It may be an engineering problem but they still
    > have to replace it. They do not say on the outside of the box that this
    > device has an engineering problem, may not work correctly and is not
    > covered by the warranty. It is NOT Epsons decision. They have to abide
    > by the laws. At least this is the case in the USA.

    I, too, had one replaced under warranty in the USA. However Epson has
    finally caught on and will NOT replace the printers any longer. All they'll
    do now is send you a new DVD tray.

    Colon Terminus wrote:

    >>Colon Terminus wrote:
    >>

    >>>"Sandy" <sandy@sandyp.com> wrote in message

    >the
    >

    >>>tray

    >>>blinking

    >>>dvds and

    >>>internet

    >>>receipt,

    >>>or

    >the
    >

    >>>same

    >cartridges
    >

    >>>last

    >>>$74.00

    >the

    >>>clicked

    >printer

    >>>Epson will NOT replace your printer for this fault.
    >>>

    >>My friend has 2 replaced in the past 10 months under warranty. That
    >>statement is not true. It may be an engineering problem but they still
    >>have to replace it. They do not say on the outside of the box that this
    >>device has an engineering problem, may not work correctly and is not
    >>covered by the warranty. It is NOT Epsons decision. They have to abide
    >>by the laws. At least this is the case in the USA.
    >>

    >I, too, had one replaced under warranty in the USA. However Epson has
    >finally caught on and will NOT replace the printers any longer. All they'll
    >do now is send you a new DVD tray.

    If you bought your printer at Costco you have a solution even if the
    printer is out of warranty. Bring it back. They will take it back for
    a full credit. Then you can get a Canon IP 4000 and some Surething
    labels. The European model Canon is not sold in the US. I have not
    heard of complaints about CD Printing on the Canon.

    > Colon Terminus wrote:
    >
    >>"measekite" <measekite@yahoo.com> wrote in message

    >>the

    >>the

    >>cartridges

    >>the

    >>printer

    >>>My friend has 2 replaced in the past 10 months under warranty. That
    >>>statement is not true. It may be an engineering problem but they still
    >>>have to replace it. They do not say on the outside of the box that this
    >>>device has an engineering problem, may not work correctly and is not
    >>>covered by the warranty. It is NOT Epsons decision. They have to abide
    >>>by the laws. At least this is the case in the USA.
    >>>

    >>I, too, had one replaced under warranty in the USA. However Epson has
    >>finally caught on and will NOT replace the printers any longer. All
    >>they'll
    >>do now is send you a new DVD tray.
    >>

    > If you bought your printer at Costco you have a solution even if the
    > printer is out of warranty. Bring it back. They will take it back for a
    > full credit. Then you can get a Canon IP 4000 and some Surething labels.
    > The European model Canon is not sold in the US. I have not heard of
    > complaints about CD Printing on the Canon.

    But their are plenty of complaints about people using stick-on labels on CDs
    and DVDs.

    NEVER HAD A PROBLEM WITH SURETHING. Most of the problems I have heard
    people having is due to their inability to adhere them properly. The
    best applicator I found is CD Stomper. The best software and labels is
    Surething.

    > NEVER HAD A PROBLEM WITH SURETHING. Most of the problems I have heard
    > people having is due to their inability to adhere them properly. The best
    > applicator I found is CD Stomper. The best software and labels is
    > Surething.

    And hopefully, in a few years time, you'll still be able to use these CDs
    and the adhesive used in the labels won't of dissolved the backing layer of
    the CD.

    But, as lots of people are only now finding out - that's not always the
    case.

    [irrelevant stuff snipped]

    > >>My friend has 2 replaced in the past 10 months under warranty. That
    > >>statement is not true. It may be an engineering problem but they still
    > >>have to replace it. They do not say on the outside of the box that this
    > >>device has an engineering problem, may not work correctly and is not
    > >>covered by the warranty. It is NOT Epsons decision. They have to abide
    > >>by the laws. At least this is the case in the USA.
    > >>

    > >I, too, had one replaced under warranty in the USA. However Epson has
    > >finally caught on and will NOT replace the printers any longer. All
    they'll
    > >do now is send you a new DVD tray.
    > >

    > If you bought your printer at Costco you have a solution even if the
    > printer is out of warranty. Bring it back. They will take it back for
    > a full credit. Then you can get a Canon IP 4000 and some Surething
    > labels. The European model Canon is not sold in the US. I have not
    > heard of complaints about CD Printing on the Canon.

    I live in a very rural part of Appalachia, there ain't a Costco within a
    hundred miles of here. I bought my Epson from an internet retailer. I
    purchased it 'cause I needed to redo 170 DVDs due to problems with stick-on
    labels from SureThing. several of my burned and labelled DVDs would no
    longer play.

    I noticed that on their website SureThing no longer mentions DVD labels,
    only CD labels. They realize that stick-on labels simply DO NOT work for
    DVDs. Over time, they'll cause problems. No exceptions.

    http://www.surething.com/ST/Product.asp?ProdCode=20001
    http://www.surething.com/ST/Product.asp?ProdCode=20002

    Colon Terminus wrote:

    >[irrelevant stuff snipped]

    >>>I, too, had one replaced under warranty in the USA. However Epson has
    >>>finally caught on and will NOT replace the printers any longer. All
    >>>

    >they'll
    >

    >>>do now is send you a new DVD tray.
    >>>

    >>If you bought your printer at Costco you have a solution even if the
    >>printer is out of warranty. Bring it back. They will take it back for
    >>a full credit. Then you can get a Canon IP 4000 and some Surething
    >>labels. The European model Canon is not sold in the US. I have not
    >>heard of complaints about CD Printing on the Canon.
    >>

    >I live in a very rural part of Appalachia, there ain't a Costco within a
    >hundred miles of here.

    Oh but there is. There is a Costco a few feet from you. It is called
    www.costco.com. They have a reasonable selection of printers and OEM
    inks are as low as I have seen.

    On Sun, 27 Mar 2005 11:24:57 GMT, DaveG <dave-ng@nospam.tld> wrote:

    >On Sun, 27 Mar 2005 10:47:53 +0000, Sandra Personette wrote:

    >Does MSEntourage not allow you to switch off the HTML posting and use
    >plaintext?

    Yes that pisses me of Big time, its a MS default..

    On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 22:42:26 GMT, Sandy <sandy@sandyp.com> wrote:

    >On 3/28/05 10:12 AM, in article
    >AOX1e.16273$C47.924@newssvr14.news.prodigy.com, "measekite"
    ><measekite@yahoo.com> wrote:

    >> If you use a PC, you can also use a thermal printer. I used to use one by
    >> Casio. Since switching to a MAC, however, I could no longer use it (made only
    >> for pcs). I prefer the ink jet printable discs, though, as the Casio was just
    >> in either black, blue or silver ink. They are waterproof, though. I usually
    >> copy the pictures of the movie posters from the internet and manipulate them
    >> in PhotoShop so that they will fit on the disc. Then, I use the software that
    >> came with the Epson printers to print them on the discs.

    PLEASE TURN OFF THE HTML, ITS NOT ALOWED IN TEXT ONLY NEWS GROUPS..

    > PLEASE TURN OFF THE HTML, ITS NOT ALOWED IN TEXT ONLY NEWS GROUPS..

    In what way does this contribute to the discussion at hand?

    Colon Terminus wrote:

    > [irrelevant stuff snipped]

    >>>I, too, had one replaced under warranty in the USA. However Epson has
    >>>finally caught on and will NOT replace the printers any longer. All
    >
    > they'll
    >
    >>>do now is send you a new DVD tray.
    >>>

    >>If you bought your printer at Costco you have a solution even if the
    >>printer is out of warranty. Bring it back. They will take it back for
    >>a full credit. Then you can get a Canon IP 4000 and some Surething
    >>labels. The European model Canon is not sold in the US. I have not
    >>heard of complaints about CD Printing on the Canon.
    >>

    > I live in a very rural part of Appalachia, there ain't a Costco within a
    > hundred miles of here. I bought my Epson from an internet retailer. I
    > purchased it 'cause I needed to redo 170 DVDs due to problems with stick-on
    > labels from SureThing. several of my burned and labelled DVDs would no
    > longer play.
    >
    > I noticed that on their website SureThing no longer mentions DVD labels,
    > only CD labels. They realize that stick-on labels simply DO NOT work for
    > DVDs. Over time, they'll cause problems. No exceptions.
    >
    > http://www.surething.com/ST/Product.asp?ProdCode=20001
    > http://www.surething.com/ST/Product.asp?ProdCode=20002

    Thats an interesting comment about Surething. I did use the sticky
    labels up until I bought the R210 printer. Having said that I have no
    problems with labels on any CD's - have not tried to used any on DVD's.
    I did print about 300 labels for CD's 4 years a go and have had none
    returned - these went out to an uncontrolled environment as a work
    manual PDF disc.

    Sandy wrote:
    > On 3/27/05 12:33 AM, in article
    > 424661ad$0$27857$61c65585@un-2park-reader-01.sydney.pipenetworks.com.au,
    > "Rob" <mesa@mine.com> wrote:
    >
    > Sandra Personette wrote:
    >> On 3/26/05 10:20 AM, in article
    >> UJh1e.15731$C47.6118@newssvr14.news.prodigy.com, "measekite"
    >> <measekite@yahoo.com> wrote:
    >>
    >> My friend is on his 3rd printer in 10 months (R300) for CD tray
    >> malfunctions. All has been under warranty but that will soon
    > end. A set
    >> of IP4000 carts is about 33% cheaper than Epson. If you live
    > in Europe
    >> that would be the one to get if you require CD printing.
    >>
    >> Sandy wrote:
    >>
    >> > I have the same problem. It worked great for about 6 months but now
    >> > the tray won’t pass thru the printer like it used to. I also
    > have the
    >> > same blinking lights that you have. I just bought this printer for
    >> > printing on my dvds and it gave fantastic results when it was
    >> working.
    >> > I did a search on the internet and found a couple of other people
    >> with
    >> > the same problem. I have my receipt, so I’m going to call Epson
    >> > tomorrow as it is still under warranty. I understand from my
    > research
    >> > that they will send a working printer (new or refurbished) and
    > then I
    >> > have 5 days to return the printer to them in the same box they they
    >> > send. If I hadn’t just purchased 6 new printer cartridges last week,
    >> > I’d just go get another printer because the cartridges cost me
    > $74.00
    >> > and Fry’s had the printers on sale for $79.99.
    >>

    >> I finally got it to work with a little push on the tray. I just
    > called
    >> Epson and they are sending me a new tray. It looks like the little
    >> plastic guides on the end are bent a bit. I have looked for other
    >> printers for dvds and cds and can’t find any in the US that are
    >> reasonably priced. If I have to, I’ll just buy another one. I’m so
    >> pleased with the results.
    >
    > I'm thinking that the rollers are worn or dirty - I have to do the same
    > but I'm up to quite a few CD prints cold be up to 600 by now.
    >

    > UdDate: I called Epson and they sent me a new cd/dvd tray (free) and
    > now it works perfectly! While looking at the old tray, I noticed that
    > the small clear plastic guides on the edge that goes into the printer
    > had become slightly bent, and I think this is the reason it wouldn’t
    > feed into the printer automatically. I had to give it a slight push
    > at the proper time, and then it would print on the disc. It took me a
    > few times to determine the exact moment that I had to push it in. Now,
    > however, with the new tray, it goes in by itself.
    I had the same problem with my R200 when it was still new. the plastic
    piece was loose on the tray.I emailed epson about it and they sent me a
    new one.
    J.h.

    On Mon, 11 Apr 2005 00:22:17 +0000, Sandy wrote:

    > HEAD>
    > <TITLE>Re: epson r200 loading cd tray</TITLE>
    > </HEA

    You might want to switch of the HTML option in your newsreader ;-)

    --

    On Thu, 14 Apr 2005 15:21:06 +0000, Colon Terminus wrote:

    > Oh man. I need to attach a breathalyzer to my keyboard.
    > My sincere apologies to the group.

    Bad day? Never mind, we all have them.

    It's just as well I read on before responding or I might have had to
    apologise to you too :-)

    --
    Dave
    I don't know what I'm doing. That' why I'm here.

    Like the others posting to this thread I also have a Epson R200 and
    have been experiencing problems with the DVD tray misfeeding. I have
    been experiencing misfeeds of the DVD tray about 30% of the time. I
    have tried several different things including ordering a new DVD tray
    and none of these has helped. Recently I have found something that
    seems to have fixed the problem. You align the white arrows on the
    DVD tray with the white arrows on the printer when you insert the DVD
    tray into the printer. When you then start printing the printer will
    initially kick the DVD tray out slightly before it starts pulling it
    in to print the DVD. After the printer initially kicks the DVD tray
    out, it pauses briefly before drawing the tray into the printer to
    print the DVD. What you must do is quickly realign the white arrows
    on the tray with those on the printer before the printer starts to
    draw the tray into it to print it. I have done this on ten
    consecutive DVDs now that I have printed and they all printed
    correctly with no tray misfeeds. I would like other owners of the
    R200 to try this and let me know if that has helped correct the tray
    misfeed problems that you have been having.

    Good luck
  25. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    On Sun, 01 May 2005 21:33:35 +0000,
    wag12@hotmail-dot-com.no-spam.invalid (wag12) wrote:

    >Like the others posting to this thread I also have a Epson R200 and
    >have been experiencing problems with the DVD tray misfeeding. I have
    >been experiencing misfeeds of the DVD tray about 30% of the time. I
    >have tried several different things including ordering a new DVD tray
    >and none of these has helped. Recently I have found something that
    >seems to have fixed the problem. You align the white arrows on the
    >DVD tray with the white arrows on the printer when you insert the DVD
    >tray into the printer. When you then start printing the printer will
    >initially kick the DVD tray out slightly before it starts pulling it
    >in to print the DVD. After the printer initially kicks the DVD tray
    >out, it pauses briefly before drawing the tray into the printer to
    >print the DVD. What you must do is quickly realign the white arrows
    >on the tray with those on the printer before the printer starts to
    >draw the tray into it to print it. I have done this on ten
    >consecutive DVDs now that I have printed and they all printed
    >correctly with no tray misfeeds. I would like other owners of the
    >R200 to try this and let me know if that has helped correct the tray
    >misfeed problems that you have been having.
    >
    >Good luck

    I have had good luck by inserting the CD tray a little past the white
    arrows and this seems to work.
  26. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    If you do not live in NA, then all you need to do is get a Canon Pixma
    or an i9950.

    wag12 wrote:

    >Like the others posting to this thread I also have a Epson R200 and
    >have been experiencing problems with the DVD tray misfeeding. I have
    >been experiencing misfeeds of the DVD tray about 30% of the time. I
    >have tried several different things including ordering a new DVD tray
    >and none of these has helped. Recently I have found something that
    >seems to have fixed the problem. You align the white arrows on the
    >DVD tray with the white arrows on the printer when you insert the DVD
    >tray into the printer. When you then start printing the printer will
    >initially kick the DVD tray out slightly before it starts pulling it
    >in to print the DVD. After the printer initially kicks the DVD tray
    >out, it pauses briefly before drawing the tray into the printer to
    >print the DVD. What you must do is quickly realign the white arrows
    >on the tray with those on the printer before the printer starts to
    >draw the tray into it to print it. I have done this on ten
    >consecutive DVDs now that I have printed and they all printed
    >correctly with no tray misfeeds. I would like other owners of the
    >R200 to try this and let me know if that has helped correct the tray
    >misfeed problems that you have been having.
    >
    >Good luck

  27. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    measekite <measekite@yahoo.com> wrote in news:iggde.198$5o2.9
    @newssvr13.news.prodigy.com:

    > If you do not live in NA, then all you need to do is get a Canon Pixma
    > or an i9950.

    Look, Measedick, Canon hawker whore, stop spamming this newsgroup and
    this thread with your Canon sales! The poster you encouraged to buy a new
    Canon printer didn't ASK for your sales help. He was asking other Epson
    R200 users to try a possible solution to a common problem with the DVD tray
    alignment. Measebrain is very quick to get others to spend hundreds of
    dollars yet he himself is an admitted tightwad: "I'm cheap", he once
    stated. What a confused idiot!

    > wag12 wrote:
    >
    >>Like the others posting to this thread I also have a Epson R200 and
    >>have been experiencing problems with the DVD tray misfeeding. I have
    >>been experiencing misfeeds of the DVD tray about 30% of the time. I
    >>have tried several different things including ordering a new DVD tray
    >>and none of these has helped. Recently I have found something that
    >>seems to have fixed the problem. You align the white arrows on the
    >>DVD tray with the white arrows on the printer when you insert the DVD
    >>tray into the printer. When you then start printing the printer will
    >>initially kick the DVD tray out slightly before it starts pulling it
    >>in to print the DVD. After the printer initially kicks the DVD tray
    >>out, it pauses briefly before drawing the tray into the printer to
    >>print the DVD. What you must do is quickly realign the white arrows
    >>on the tray with those on the printer before the printer starts to
    >>draw the tray into it to print it. I have done this on ten
    >>consecutive DVDs now that I have printed and they all printed
    >>correctly with no tray misfeeds. I would like other owners of the
    >>R200 to try this and let me know if that has helped correct the tray
    >>misfeed problems that you have been having.
    >>
    >>Good luck

  28. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    On Mon, 02 May 2005 00:23:42 GMT, CarBone <tc@tijuana.com> wrote:

    >On Sun, 01 May 2005 21:33:35 +0000,
    >wag12@hotmail-dot-com.no-spam.invalid (wag12) wrote:
    >
    >>Like the others posting to this thread I also have a Epson R200 and
    >>have been experiencing problems with the DVD tray misfeeding. I have
    >>been experiencing misfeeds of the DVD tray about 30% of the time. I
    >>have tried several different things including ordering a new DVD tray
    >>and none of these has helped. Recently I have found something that
    >>seems to have fixed the problem. You align the white arrows on the
    >>DVD tray with the white arrows on the printer when you insert the DVD
    >>tray into the printer. When you then start printing the printer will
    >>initially kick the DVD tray out slightly before it starts pulling it
    >>in to print the DVD. After the printer initially kicks the DVD tray
    >>out, it pauses briefly before drawing the tray into the printer to
    >>print the DVD. What you must do is quickly realign the white arrows
    >>on the tray with those on the printer before the printer starts to
    >>draw the tray into it to print it. I have done this on ten
    >>consecutive DVDs now that I have printed and they all printed
    >>correctly with no tray misfeeds. I would like other owners of the
    >>R200 to try this and let me know if that has helped correct the tray
    >>misfeed problems that you have been having.
    >>
    >>Good luck
    >
    >I have had good luck by inserting the CD tray a little past the white
    >arrows and this seems to work.

    Same here..

Printers Epson CD-Rom Peripherals