Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

New Orleans dodges bullet

Last response: in Video Games
Share
August 30, 2005 12:16:28 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

For our international friends, the flood of Biblical proportion did not
happen to New Orleans. The Hurricane dropped 25 mph and jogged east enough
to spare the city. I just saw video from the French Quarter and the
newscaster was just standing in the street chatting like it was no big deal.
Things don't look too bad yet.

I'm very relieved, I'm a weather watcher and spotted the updated track and
predictions on Friday night before the news media caught on. I had a morbid
feeling of dread all weekend. For most of the track of the storm all the
wrong things were happening, upgrading to a Cat5 and taking dead aim on the
city. Whew!

Dallas

More about : orleans dodges bullet

Anonymous
August 30, 2005 10:41:05 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

Hi Varmit,

The Great Escape!

Reports here are that it jinked to the left just before landfall?

It will be a massive cleanup operation, but no loss of life....

Regards,
John Ward
"Dallas" <Cybnorm@spam_me_not.Hotmail.Com> wrote in message
news:w2KQe.3267$Wd7.2731@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net...
>
> For our international friends, the flood of Biblical proportion did not
> happen to New Orleans. The Hurricane dropped 25 mph and jogged east
> enough
> to spare the city. I just saw video from the French Quarter and the
> newscaster was just standing in the street chatting like it was no big
> deal.
> Things don't look too bad yet.
>
> I'm very relieved, I'm a weather watcher and spotted the updated track and
> predictions on Friday night before the news media caught on. I had a
> morbid
> feeling of dread all weekend. For most of the track of the storm all the
> wrong things were happening, upgrading to a Cat5 and taking dead aim on
> the
> city. Whew!
>
> Dallas
>
>
August 30, 2005 10:41:06 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

I credit Canadian thoughts and prayers : )

Arthur

"John Ward" <johnrmward@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
news:431372df$0$21701$afc38c87@news.optusnet.com.au...
> Hi Varmit,
>
> The Great Escape!
>
> Reports here are that it jinked to the left just before landfall?
>
> It will be a massive cleanup operation, but no loss of life....
>
> Regards,
> John Ward
> "Dallas" <Cybnorm@spam_me_not.Hotmail.Com> wrote in message
> news:w2KQe.3267$Wd7.2731@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net...
>>
>> For our international friends, the flood of Biblical proportion did not
>> happen to New Orleans. The Hurricane dropped 25 mph and jogged east
>> enough
>> to spare the city. I just saw video from the French Quarter and the
>> newscaster was just standing in the street chatting like it was no big
>> deal.
>> Things don't look too bad yet.
>>
>> I'm very relieved, I'm a weather watcher and spotted the updated track
>> and
>> predictions on Friday night before the news media caught on. I had a
>> morbid
>> feeling of dread all weekend. For most of the track of the storm all the
>> wrong things were happening, upgrading to a Cat5 and taking dead aim on
>> the
>> city. Whew!
>>
>> Dallas
>>
>>
>
>
Related resources
August 30, 2005 10:41:06 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

"John Ward"
> It will be a massive cleanup operation, but no loss of life....

Oh no.. there'll be lots of dead people, the wind was 145 mph and it was 100
miles wide.

Dallas
August 30, 2005 10:41:07 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

Believe me when I say that NO ONE is underestimating this event or its
consequences, nor are we making light of a most tragic situation.

After viewing the CNN coverage for most of today, I can only feel heartache,
sympathy, and absolute helplessness. I'm not sure that great area will
recover during my lifetime, and that saddens me. I'm grateful for those who
survived and ungrateful for what they must face in the resulting aftermath.

The remnants of Katrina will be passing over my city by Wednesday, and we'll
get soaked. It will be a dull and miniscule reminder of this enormous
tragedy.

We fly our aircraft, whether in real life or simulated, and are thankful for
the winds which keep us aloft, so we can explore the world; but when the
time comes to respect the forces of nature for their destructive
capabilities, we must do so with the utmost humility.

Arthur


"Dallas" <Cybnorm@spam_me_not.Hotmail.Com> wrote in message
news:y_KQe.3285$Wd7.2047@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net...
>
> "John Ward"
>> It will be a massive cleanup operation, but no loss of life....
>
> Oh no.. there'll be lots of dead people, the wind was 145 mph and it was
> 100
> miles wide.
>
> Dallas
>
>
August 30, 2005 10:41:08 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

"Arthur"
> We fly our aircraft, whether in real life or simulated, and are thankful
for
> the winds which keep us aloft, so we can explore the world; but when the
> time comes to respect the forces of nature for their destructive
> capabilities, we must do so with the utmost humility.


Words are just a play thing for you. :-) If I ever run for office will
you be my speech writer?

Dallas
August 30, 2005 10:41:08 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

"Arthur"
> It will be a dull and miniscule reminder of this enormous
> tragedy.

I can only imagine what the people of the city feel like and have yet to go
through. They won't even be able to come back to town to check out the
damage for days. Imagine coming home to a damaged house and trying to live
there without electricity for weeks.

The power went out here one night last summer and I had to try to sleep
without air conditioning. I couldn't do it, I went out to a late movie just
to cool off.

Dallas
Anonymous
August 30, 2005 12:14:05 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

Hi Arthur,

Hehe - one way of having a friendly dig at someone down here is to say
"Mate, if you were twice as witty, you'd be funny!" :-))

Regards,
John Ward
"Arthur" <simmeronlo@rogers.com> wrote in message
news:p cidnUyOQdpX5o7eRVn-iQ@rogers.com...
>I credit Canadian thoughts and prayers : )
>
> Arthur
>
> "John Ward" <johnrmward@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
> news:431372df$0$21701$afc38c87@news.optusnet.com.au...
>> Hi Varmit,
>>
>> The Great Escape!
>>
>> Reports here are that it jinked to the left just before landfall?
>>
>> It will be a massive cleanup operation, but no loss of life....
>>
>> Regards,
>> John Ward
>> "Dallas" <Cybnorm@spam_me_not.Hotmail.Com> wrote in message
>> news:w2KQe.3267$Wd7.2731@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net...
>>>
>>> For our international friends, the flood of Biblical proportion did not
>>> happen to New Orleans. The Hurricane dropped 25 mph and jogged east
>>> enough
>>> to spare the city. I just saw video from the French Quarter and the
>>> newscaster was just standing in the street chatting like it was no big
>>> deal.
>>> Things don't look too bad yet.
>>>
>>> I'm very relieved, I'm a weather watcher and spotted the updated track
>>> and
>>> predictions on Friday night before the news media caught on. I had a
>>> morbid
>>> feeling of dread all weekend. For most of the track of the storm all
>>> the
>>> wrong things were happening, upgrading to a Cat5 and taking dead aim on
>>> the
>>> city. Whew!
>>>
>>> Dallas
>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>
>
Anonymous
August 30, 2005 4:14:05 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

Don't know what kind of bullet you were imagining, but this looks like a
pretty big missile to me....

KNBG 281515 06015KT 9000 SCT030 BKN050 BKN200 QHN2960INS VCTS
BECMG 1719 03020KT 9999 VCTS BKN030 BKN060 OVC200 QNH2958INS
TEMPO 1720 4800 SHRA BR
BECMG 2022 VRB35G50KT 4800 SHRA BR BKN020CB OVC050 QNH2950INS VCTS
TEMPO 2202 VRB50G70KT 1600 TSRA BR OVC003CB
TEMPO 0206 VRB50G70KT 1600 +TSRA BR OVC003CB
BECMG 0507 VRB115G130KT 0400 +TSRAGR OVC003CB QNH2860INS
TEMPO 0509 +FC
BECMG 0910 QNH2750INS
TEMPO 0913 +FC
TEMPO 1315 +FC T34/20Z T24/11Z

Look at that pressure 27.50"Hg! Pretty much all the weather you would never
want to see, all packed into a few hours.

- Barney

"Dallas" <Cybnorm@spam_me_not.Hotmail.Com> wrote in message
news:UwSQe.5006$z2.4149@newsread3.news.pas.earthlink.net...
>
> "Arthur"
>> It will be a dull and miniscule reminder of this enormous
>> tragedy.
>
> I can only imagine what the people of the city feel like and have yet to
> go
> through. They won't even be able to come back to town to check out the
> damage for days. Imagine coming home to a damaged house and trying to
> live
> there without electricity for weeks.
>
> The power went out here one night last summer and I had to try to sleep
> without air conditioning. I couldn't do it, I went out to a late movie
> just
> to cool off.
>
> Dallas
>
>
Anonymous
August 30, 2005 8:41:50 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

Hi Varmit,

Imagine being AWAY from your damaged home for a few days........

Regards,
John Ward
"Dallas" <Cybnorm@spam_me_not.Hotmail.Com> wrote in message
news:UwSQe.5006$z2.4149@newsread3.news.pas.earthlink.net...
>
> "Arthur"
>> It will be a dull and miniscule reminder of this enormous
>> tragedy.
>
> I can only imagine what the people of the city feel like and have yet to
> go
> through. They won't even be able to come back to town to check out the
> damage for days. Imagine coming home to a damaged house and trying to
> live
> there without electricity for weeks.
>
> The power went out here one night last summer and I had to try to sleep
> without air conditioning. I couldn't do it, I went out to a late movie
> just
> to cool off.
>
> Dallas
>
>
Anonymous
August 30, 2005 8:46:02 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

Hi Arthur,

When's your first Review, of ANYTHING, going to be published??

Regards,
John Ward
"Arthur" <simmeronlo@rogers.com> wrote in message
news:TMidnVR0bKn8Uo7eRVn-pA@rogers.com...
> Believe me when I say that NO ONE is underestimating this event or its
> consequences, nor are we making light of a most tragic situation.
>
> After viewing the CNN coverage for most of today, I can only feel
> heartache, sympathy, and absolute helplessness. I'm not sure that great
> area will recover during my lifetime, and that saddens me. I'm grateful
> for those who survived and ungrateful for what they must face in the
> resulting aftermath.
>
> The remnants of Katrina will be passing over my city by Wednesday, and
> we'll get soaked. It will be a dull and miniscule reminder of this
> enormous tragedy.
>
> We fly our aircraft, whether in real life or simulated, and are thankful
> for the winds which keep us aloft, so we can explore the world; but when
> the time comes to respect the forces of nature for their destructive
> capabilities, we must do so with the utmost humility.
>
> Arthur
>
>
> "Dallas" <Cybnorm@spam_me_not.Hotmail.Com> wrote in message
> news:y_KQe.3285$Wd7.2047@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net...
>>
>> "John Ward"
>>> It will be a massive cleanup operation, but no loss of life....
>>
>> Oh no.. there'll be lots of dead people, the wind was 145 mph and it was
>> 100
>> miles wide.
>>
>> Dallas
>>
>>
>
>
August 30, 2005 9:12:58 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

Latest report I heard was around 50 dead, with most of them being from thew
same apartment building. Mind you, I don't put much faith in the news
reports as yet. I woke this morning and switched on the TV to hear what had
happened, and my wife was in the bedroom listening to the radio. She came
running out saying that the radio reported the roof being "ripped off" a
stadium where people were seeking refuge. I turned from her to the TV
screen, where the stadium in question was being shown, with the roof still
on, just a few sections slightly damaged, allowing, quote: "the roof to
leak". News dramatisation at its finest!
Chris

--
I'm not always right,
But I'm never wrong!
"Dallas" <Cybnorm@spam_me_not.Hotmail.Com> wrote in message
news:y_KQe.3285$Wd7.2047@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net...
>
> "John Ward"
>> It will be a massive cleanup operation, but no loss of life....
>
> Oh no.. there'll be lots of dead people, the wind was 145 mph and it was
> 100
> miles wide.
>
> Dallas
>
>
Anonymous
August 31, 2005 1:46:11 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

Dallas wrote:
> For our international friends, the flood of Biblical proportion did not
> happen to New Orleans. The Hurricane dropped 25 mph and jogged east enough
> to spare the city. I just saw video from the French Quarter and the
> newscaster was just standing in the street chatting like it was no big deal.
> Things don't look too bad yet.
>
> I'm very relieved, I'm a weather watcher and spotted the updated track and
> predictions on Friday night before the news media caught on. I had a morbid
> feeling of dread all weekend. For most of the track of the storm all the
> wrong things were happening, upgrading to a Cat5 and taking dead aim on the
> city. Whew!
>
> Dallas
>
>

I guess you spoke too soon.
Anonymous
August 31, 2005 1:47:11 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

John Ward wrote:
> Hi Varmit,
>
> The Great Escape!
>
> Reports here are that it jinked to the left just before landfall?
>
> It will be a massive cleanup operation, but no loss of life....
>
> Regards,
> John Ward

Think again, Mr. Ward. They may have dodged the bullet, but they got
hit by a cannonball!! My prayers are with all of them.

> "Dallas" <Cybnorm@spam_me_not.Hotmail.Com> wrote in message
> news:w2KQe.3267$Wd7.2731@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net...
>
>>For our international friends, the flood of Biblical proportion did not
>>happen to New Orleans. The Hurricane dropped 25 mph and jogged east
>>enough
>>to spare the city. I just saw video from the French Quarter and the
>>newscaster was just standing in the street chatting like it was no big
>>deal.
>>Things don't look too bad yet.
>>
>>I'm very relieved, I'm a weather watcher and spotted the updated track and
>>predictions on Friday night before the news media caught on. I had a
>>morbid
>>feeling of dread all weekend. For most of the track of the storm all the
>>wrong things were happening, upgrading to a Cat5 and taking dead aim on
>>the
>>city. Whew!
>>
>>Dallas
>>
>>
>
>
>
Anonymous
August 31, 2005 5:11:01 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

Hi ccsuwxman,

Oh, I just assumed they would have been worse off if it hadn't jinked to
the side, and it had been a direct hit?

Surely that would have been a bullet and a cannonball combined?

John's the name, mate - BTW, what's yours?

Regards,
John Ward
"ccsuwxman" <ccsuwxman@cox.net> wrote in message
news:w_7Re.3425$rj.2579@lakeread07...
> John Ward wrote:
>> Hi Varmit,
>>
>> The Great Escape!
>>
>> Reports here are that it jinked to the left just before landfall?
>>
>> It will be a massive cleanup operation, but no loss of life....
>>
>> Regards,
>> John Ward
>
> Think again, Mr. Ward. They may have dodged the bullet, but they got
> hit by a cannonball!! My prayers are with all of them.
>
>> "Dallas" <Cybnorm@spam_me_not.Hotmail.Com> wrote in message
>> news:w2KQe.3267$Wd7.2731@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net...
>>
>>>For our international friends, the flood of Biblical proportion did not
>>>happen to New Orleans. The Hurricane dropped 25 mph and jogged east
>>>enough
>>>to spare the city. I just saw video from the French Quarter and the
>>>newscaster was just standing in the street chatting like it was no big
>>>deal.
>>>Things don't look too bad yet.
>>>
>>>I'm very relieved, I'm a weather watcher and spotted the updated track
>>>and
>>>predictions on Friday night before the news media caught on. I had a
>>>morbid
>>>feeling of dread all weekend. For most of the track of the storm all the
>>>wrong things were happening, upgrading to a Cat5 and taking dead aim on
>>>the
>>>city. Whew!
>>>
>>>Dallas
>>>
>>>
>>
>>
Anonymous
August 31, 2005 5:11:02 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

John Ward wrote:
> Hi ccsuwxman,
>
> Oh, I just assumed they would have been worse off if it hadn't jinked to
> the side, and it had been a direct hit?
>
> Surely that would have been a bullet and a cannonball combined?
>
> John's the name, mate - BTW, what's yours?
>
> Regards,
> John Ward

John:

The name's Steve. Pleasure to know you. Yes, they would have been even
worse off if the eye had passed to the west of N.O. But with a storm of
that
magnitude, with that much wind, even being on the west side of the eye is
going to cause trouble if you're that close to the eye wall. Especially
when you realize that the due northerly
wind on the west side of the eye is likely to send Lake Pontchartrain right
over its levees (which is exactly what happened) and into the city.

The wind damage would have been worse if the eye had not jinked to the
east, but the reality is just as bad because N.O. is essentially surrounded
by water that has no place else to go but back into the Gulf of Mexico.

Best,
Steve

> "ccsuwxman" <ccsuwxman@cox.net> wrote in message
> news:w_7Re.3425$rj.2579@lakeread07...
>
>>John Ward wrote:
>>
>>>Hi Varmit,
>>>
>>> The Great Escape!
>>>
>>> Reports here are that it jinked to the left just before landfall?
>>>
>>> It will be a massive cleanup operation, but no loss of life....
>>>
>>>Regards,
>>>John Ward
>>
>>Think again, Mr. Ward. They may have dodged the bullet, but they got
>>hit by a cannonball!! My prayers are with all of them.
>>
>>
>>>"Dallas" <Cybnorm@spam_me_not.Hotmail.Com> wrote in message
>>>news:w2KQe.3267$Wd7.2731@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net...
>>>
>>>
>>>>For our international friends, the flood of Biblical proportion did not
>>>>happen to New Orleans. The Hurricane dropped 25 mph and jogged east
>>>>enough
>>>>to spare the city. I just saw video from the French Quarter and the
>>>>newscaster was just standing in the street chatting like it was no big
>>>>deal.
>>>>Things don't look too bad yet.
>>>>
>>>>I'm very relieved, I'm a weather watcher and spotted the updated track
>>>>and
>>>>predictions on Friday night before the news media caught on. I had a
>>>>morbid
>>>>feeling of dread all weekend. For most of the track of the storm all the
>>>>wrong things were happening, upgrading to a Cat5 and taking dead aim on
>>>>the
>>>>city. Whew!
>>>>
>>>>Dallas
>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>>>
>
Anonymous
August 31, 2005 5:13:14 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

Hi ccsuwxman,

How can one speak too soon, when it comes to such matters?

Regards,
John Ward
"ccsuwxman" <ccsuwxman@cox.net> wrote in message
news:AZ7Re.3424$rj.391@lakeread07...
> Dallas wrote:
>> For our international friends, the flood of Biblical proportion did not
>> happen to New Orleans. The Hurricane dropped 25 mph and jogged east
>> enough
>> to spare the city. I just saw video from the French Quarter and the
>> newscaster was just standing in the street chatting like it was no big
>> deal.
>> Things don't look too bad yet.
>>
>> I'm very relieved, I'm a weather watcher and spotted the updated track
>> and
>> predictions on Friday night before the news media caught on. I had a
>> morbid
>> feeling of dread all weekend. For most of the track of the storm all the
>> wrong things were happening, upgrading to a Cat5 and taking dead aim on
>> the
>> city. Whew!
>>
>> Dallas
>>
>>
>
> I guess you spoke too soon.
Anonymous
August 31, 2005 5:13:15 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

John Ward wrote:
> Hi ccsuwxman,
>
> How can one speak too soon, when it comes to such matters?
>
> Regards,
> John Ward

Hi John:

I guess I meant that Yogi Berra was right. "It ain't over till it's
over." And when Dallas made his post assuming it was all over,
it wasn't.

Steve

> "ccsuwxman" <ccsuwxman@cox.net> wrote in message
> news:AZ7Re.3424$rj.391@lakeread07...
>
>>Dallas wrote:
>>
>>>For our international friends, the flood of Biblical proportion did not
>>>happen to New Orleans. The Hurricane dropped 25 mph and jogged east
>>>enough
>>>to spare the city. I just saw video from the French Quarter and the
>>>newscaster was just standing in the street chatting like it was no big
>>>deal.
>>>Things don't look too bad yet.
>>>
>>>I'm very relieved, I'm a weather watcher and spotted the updated track
>>>and
>>>predictions on Friday night before the news media caught on. I had a
>>>morbid
>>>feeling of dread all weekend. For most of the track of the storm all the
>>>wrong things were happening, upgrading to a Cat5 and taking dead aim on
>>>the
>>>city. Whew!
>>>
>>>Dallas
>>>
>>>
>>
>>I guess you spoke too soon.
>
>
>
Anonymous
September 10, 2005 3:38:44 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

ccsuwxman wrote:
> John Ward wrote:
>
>> Hi ccsuwxman,
>>
>> How can one speak too soon, when it comes to such matters?
>>
>> Regards,
>> John Ward
>
>
> Hi John:
>
> I guess I meant that Yogi Berra was right. "It ain't over till it's
> over." And when Dallas made his post assuming it was all over,
> it wasn't.
>
> Steve
>
>> "ccsuwxman" <ccsuwxman@cox.net> wrote in message
>> news:AZ7Re.3424$rj.391@lakeread07...
>>
>>> Dallas wrote:
>>>
>>>> For our international friends, the flood of Biblical proportion did not
>>>> happen to New Orleans. The Hurricane dropped 25 mph and jogged east
>>>> enough
>>>> to spare the city. I just saw video from the French Quarter and the
>>>> newscaster was just standing in the street chatting like it was no
>>>> big deal.
>>>> Things don't look too bad yet.
>>>>
>>>> I'm very relieved, I'm a weather watcher and spotted the updated
>>>> track and
>>>> predictions on Friday night before the news media caught on. I had
>>>> a morbid
>>>> feeling of dread all weekend. For most of the track of the storm
>>>> all the
>>>> wrong things were happening, upgrading to a Cat5 and taking dead aim
>>>> on the
>>>> city. Whew!
>>>>
>>>> Dallas
>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>>> I guess you spoke too soon.

I am honored to have this opportunity to post to one of
the most classic Usenet threads of all time: "New
Orleans dodges bullet" I'm sure you guys aren't stupid,
but you sure don't look very good in the context of
history. Congratulations.

from http://monkeyfilter.com/link.php/9693

"September 07, 2005

Dodging a Bullet On Sunday's Meet the Press, Homeland
Security Secretary Michael Chertoff said "I remember on
Tuesday morning picking up newspapers and I saw
headlines, 'New Orleans Dodged The Bullet.'" In a press
conference today, "The headline, of course, in most of
the papers on Tuesday--'New Orleans Dodged a Bullet,'
or words to that effect."

The only newspaper in which that headline or any like
it occured was in Grenada, Mississippi's Daily Star. Or
perhaps Chertoff was reading
alt.games.microsoft.flight-sims and thought it was a
newspaper.

---

from
http://www.globalsecurity.org/security/ops/hurricane-ka...

Hurricane Katrina - Tuesday 06 September 2005

Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Gen. Richard
Myers was asked why was the federal military response
relatively slow. He said: "The headline, of course, in
most of the country's papers on Tuesday were "New
Orleans dodged a bullet," or words to that effect. At
that time, when those words were in our minds, we
started working issues before we were asked."

You guys who posted to this thread were just mistaken.
You weren't actually telling out and out lies. You're
forgiven.
September 10, 2005 12:05:42 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

Mitch Monger wrote:
>
> I am honored to have this opportunity to post to one of
> the most classic Usenet threads of all time: "New
> Orleans dodges bullet" I'm sure you guys aren't stupid,
> but you sure don't look very good in the context of
> history. Congratulations.
>

OH, and we are SO honored by your presense and self anointing intellect!!

===== snip extraneous bovine excrement==========
>
> You guys who posted to this thread were just mistaken.
> You weren't actually telling out and out lies. You're
> forgiven.

Oh thank you your Holeiness - a true legend in your own mind..........

sheesh
Anonymous
September 10, 2005 5:26:22 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

Mitch,
Why not use your superior intellect to note the date these messages
were initially posted.
Anonymous
September 10, 2005 8:00:24 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

Oh well, in the grand scheme of things this thread is of no
consequence. Maybe we have too much time on our hands.
September 10, 2005 10:22:42 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

aakermit wrote:
> Oh well, in the grand scheme of things this thread is of no
> consequence. Maybe we have too much time on our hands.

Someone definitely does, but I won't mention names. (initials are M&M
however - probably the brown one)
September 11, 2005 12:36:10 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

"Beech45Whiskey"
> Mr. Mitch Monger, Monday Morning Quarterback Extraordinaire

Mr. Mitch Monger, Seagull Extraordinaire.

(Seagull - Swoops in from nowhere making a lot of noise and sh*tting
everywhere. Then flies away.)

Now this, students, is a classic troll.

Dallas Trollfighter
Anonymous
September 11, 2005 12:36:11 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

Aakermit wrote:

>Mitch,
>Why not use your superior intellect to note the date
>these messages
>were initially posted.

When the first message was posted, Mon, 29 Aug 2005
20:16:28 GMT, the first levee had been broken and New
Orleans was already flooding since about 8am local, or
13:00:00 GMT on the 29th. New Orleans had been flooding
for 7 hours.


Dallas wrote:
> "Beech45Whiskey"
>
>>Mr. Mitch Monger, Monday Morning Quarterback Extraordinaire
>
>
> Mr. Mitch Monger, Seagull Extraordinaire.
>
> (Seagull - Swoops in from nowhere making a lot of noise and sh*tting
> everywhere. Then flies away.)
>
> Now this, students, is a classic troll.
>
> Dallas Trollfighter

A) trolls don't use their real names, and B) trolls
post to be malicious. I didn't think anyone would even
notice my post to this old thread. I just wanted it
there for posterity.

Sorry I caused you people stress. I'm not going to
attack you guys personally like you're doing to me,
calling me snooty and a troll. I said I didn't think
you were stupid, and I meant it. Your probably
intelligent, decent people. I have absolutely no bad
feelings towards you at all. In fact I'm grateful to
you for creating this entertaining thread. Thanks.

When Aakermit told me to check the dates, I was fully
ready to offer up an apology if I was wrong. This
thread has some huge mistakes in it. Why not be big
enough to say, "Oops, I guess I was wrong."? Why defend
it? But then again, if you keep defending it it only
gets more ridiculous, and that makes it better to read.

And go ahead and trash me, I won't respond any more
because I don't have time to spare these days. Don't
think I think I'm better than you. I would trade many
of the gaffes I've made for the ones made in this
thread. But I do try to own up to my errors. It's
really not that hard to do. You can do it, too. Your
not stupid.
September 11, 2005 4:23:31 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

"CRaSH"
>- probably the brown one)

There it is... the LOL award for today.


Dallas
Anonymous
September 11, 2005 1:45:25 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

Hi Mitch Monger,

Well, in your own words then, fill us all in.

Regards,
John ward
"Mitch Monger" <m@m.com> wrote in message
news:11i6ocqo2nfld4b@corp.supernews.com...
> Aakermit wrote:
>
> >Mitch,
> >Why not use your superior intellect to note the date
> >these messages
> >were initially posted.
>
> When the first message was posted, Mon, 29 Aug 2005 20:16:28 GMT, the
> first levee had been broken and New Orleans was already flooding since
> about 8am local, or 13:00:00 GMT on the 29th. New Orleans had been
> flooding for 7 hours.
>
>
> Dallas wrote:
>> "Beech45Whiskey"
>>
>>>Mr. Mitch Monger, Monday Morning Quarterback Extraordinaire
>>
>>
>> Mr. Mitch Monger, Seagull Extraordinaire.
>>
>> (Seagull - Swoops in from nowhere making a lot of noise and sh*tting
>> everywhere. Then flies away.)
>>
>> Now this, students, is a classic troll.
>>
>> Dallas Trollfighter
>
> A) trolls don't use their real names, and B) trolls post to be malicious.
> I didn't think anyone would even notice my post to this old thread. I just
> wanted it there for posterity.
>
> Sorry I caused you people stress. I'm not going to attack you guys
> personally like you're doing to me, calling me snooty and a troll. I said
> I didn't think you were stupid, and I meant it. Your probably intelligent,
> decent people. I have absolutely no bad feelings towards you at all. In
> fact I'm grateful to you for creating this entertaining thread. Thanks.
>
> When Aakermit told me to check the dates, I was fully ready to offer up an
> apology if I was wrong. This thread has some huge mistakes in it. Why not
> be big enough to say, "Oops, I guess I was wrong."? Why defend it? But
> then again, if you keep defending it it only gets more ridiculous, and
> that makes it better to read.
>
> And go ahead and trash me, I won't respond any more because I don't have
> time to spare these days. Don't think I think I'm better than you. I would
> trade many of the gaffes I've made for the ones made in this thread. But I
> do try to own up to my errors. It's really not that hard to do. You can do
> it, too. Your not stupid.
!