Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Java(HELPPP)

Last response: in Windows 7
April 26, 2011 9:07:38 AM

Hello, I am trying to install java and it says "This software has already been installed on your computer. Woul you like to reinstall it?" "Yes-No" "Yes" "This action is only valid for products that are currently installed." "No" "Installer exits without installing java".

I've tried clearing the registry with ccleaner hoping it was a registry problem but no and im so confused.

More about : java helppp

Best solution

April 26, 2011 1:37:07 PM

The following procedure should be followed with this type of error:

1) Leave your computer switched on, try Java installation and wait for error.

2) When error occurs, put shoes on and walk to garden shed

3) Return with a very large hammer

4) Fix the error with the hammer

Lol only joking.

After researching your problem, try downloading this

http://forums.whatthetech.com/index.php?s=9e36c6cf27e25...

Extract and run the .bat file, if you are using W7 or vista you must right click and run as administrator. You should now be able to install Java with no issue

The problem is the registry files still exist and windows installer thinks you already have it on your machine

Let me know if it works or not
April 26, 2011 9:33:47 PM

I tried the hammer and it only worsened the error, java now says "Hostile attack kill all humanity." Lol jk and thx that fixed it.
m
l
Related resources
April 26, 2011 9:34:07 PM

Best answer selected by meatwad63.
m
l
April 27, 2011 12:49:46 PM

meatwad63 said:
I tried the hammer and it only worsened the error, java now says "Hostile attack kill all humanity." Lol jk and thx that fixed it.

Lol made me laugh, glad ya fixed it.

Have fun
m
l
October 24, 2013 10:06:14 AM

dhicks19 said:
The following procedure should be followed with this type of error:

After researching your problem, try downloading this

http://forums.whatthetech.com/index.php?s=9e36c6cf27e25...

Extract and run the .bat file, if you are using W7 or vista you must right click and run as administrator. You should now be able to install Java with no issue

The problem is the registry files still exist and windows installer thinks you already have it on your machine

Let me know if it works or not

This issue only came up today on one of my systems and the solution you provided resolved my problem. Thanks.
m
l
!