Advice on Recently Purchased PD805

TheSpartanOne

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2006
Firstly, sorry for yet another Petium D805 Thread, but i need some advice from you Tech savy folk, i recently purchased one of these processors online for it's overclocking potential, now my question is this, have i purchased the wrong type of 805?..as i've seen that the B0 type processors are the ones that have the great overclocking potential, yet my 805 has 05A at the end of the processor description, am i missing something?..or have i got the wrong chip for the job?.

zarooch

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2006
Firstly, sorry for yet another Petium D805 Thread, but i need some advice from you Tech savy folk, i recently purchased one of these processors online for it's overclocking potential, now my question is this, have i purchased the wrong type of 805?..as i've seen that the B0 type processors are the ones that have the great overclocking potential, yet my 805 has 05A at the end of the processor description, am i missing something?..or have i got the wrong chip for the job?.

no no no no... you've got the right thing theres nothing wrong with it... actually B0 is the stepping which is correct... 05A is the platform compatibility guide... its got nothing to do with the overclocking B0 is the thing in which you should be intrested... so your new 805 is ok for overclocking... GL in OCing it!

TheSpartanOne

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2006
Zarooch

I do not know you, but i could certainly kiss you right now, thanks for the advice, as i was faced with a perceived dillemma, as i had broken the seal on the box and was unlikely to be able to return it, thaks for clearing up my ignorance, looking forward to tech discussions on what appears to be a fabulous board!.

zarooch

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2006
Zarooch

I do not know you, but i could certainly kiss you right now, thanks for the advice, as i was faced with a perceived dillemma, as i had broken the seal on the box and was unlikely to be able to return it, thaks for clearing up my ignorance, looking forward to tech discussions on what appears to be a fabulous board!.

you're welcome! :)

TheSpartanOne

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2006
Right, now that i know my Cpu is fine, i was looking at MB and from what i've seen i think i'll go with the Asus P5WDG2-WS, which looks like it can handle itself under heavy voltage load,it also seems to support 65nm Cpu's so it MAY(I think) be in with a chance of running a Conroe in the future, do you reckon this MB is the best choice for the PD805?, or can you offer any worthy alternatives?, thanks in advance.