Synchronize public contacts

November 17, 2004 12:23:55 PM

I write about every three months to see if there is something new out there
to help me. I have MANY clients who are wanting to use PDA phones to sync
wirelessly to Exchange Server. It is a great solution. I love it. The only
reason almost all my clients continue to choose Blackberry is that they
share public contact folders. I love the MS Smartphone and PocketPC devices,
but synchronizing to just one personal contacts folder simply doesn't get
the job done. Doesn't this fly in the face of making Microsoft Server
ActiveSync, which is based on a collaborative piece of software, Exchange
Server? I don't know who is reading this post, but there must be a solution,
and soon. My clients would ALL switch to PocketPC/Smartphone devices instead
of Blackberry if they could sync to their shared contacts, which are the
only contacts they really care about in their corporate environments. This
feature would drive tens of thousands of sales to larger environments that
are now being won by RIM. By the way, Outlook PCS only works on Outlook
2002, and not 2003. It was a creative bandaid created by someone who saw the
problem at MS. Even a bandaid like this (if it worked a little better) would
be acceptable if it ran on Outlook 2003. Please help me sell your devices by
fixing this or offer another solution.

- jamison
Anonymous
November 17, 2004 11:44:54 PM

On Wed, 17 Nov 2004 09:23:55 -0800, Jamison West <jwest@jwcs.com> wrote:

> e public contact folders. I love the MS Smartphone and PocketPC devices,
> but synchronizing to just one personal contacts folder simply doesn't get
> the job done. Doesn't this fly in the face of making Microsoft Server
> ActiveSync, which is based on a collaborative piece of software, Exchange
> Server? I don't know who is reading this post, but there must be a
> solution,
> and soon. My clients would ALL switch to PocketPC/Smartphone devices
> instead
> of Blackberry if they could sync to their shared contacts, which are the
> only contacts they really care about in their corporate environments.
> This
> feature would drive tens of thousands of sales to larger environments
> that
> are now being won by RIM. By the way, Outlook PCS only works on Outlook
> 2002, and not 2003. It was a creative bandaid created by someone who saw
> the
> problem at MS. Even a bandaid like this (if it worked a little better)
> would
> be acceptable if it ran on Outlook 2003. Please help me sell your
> devices by
> fixing this or offer another solution.

hello,

Is this what your looking for?
http://www.slipstreamsolutions.co.uk/products/mGALSync....

It is supposed to let you sync the exchange servers global address book.
--
Brad Isaac
editor-in-chief, www.pocketpcaddict.com

"Jamison West" <jwest@jwcs.com> wrote in message
> I write about every three months to see if there is something new out
there
> to help me. I have MANY clients who are wanting to use PDA phones to sync
> wirelessly to Exchange Server. It is a great solution. I love it. The only
> reason almost all my clients continue to choose Blackberry is that they
> share public contact folders. I love the MS Smartphone and PocketPC
devices,
> but synchronizing to just one personal contacts folder simply doesn't get
> the job done. Doesn't this fly in the face of making Microsoft Server
> ActiveSync, which is based on a collaborative piece of software, Exchange
> Server? I don't know who is reading this post, but there must be a
solution,
> and soon. My clients would ALL switch to PocketPC/Smartphone devices
instead
> of Blackberry if they could sync to their shared contacts, which are the
> only contacts they really care about in their corporate environments. This
> feature would drive tens of thousands of sales to larger environments that
> are now being won by RIM. By the way, Outlook PCS only works on Outlook
> 2002, and not 2003. It was a creative bandaid created by someone who saw
the
> problem at MS. Even a bandaid like this (if it worked a little better)
would
> be acceptable if it ran on Outlook 2003. Please help me sell your devices
by
> fixing this or offer another solution.
>
> - jamison

It's not a sync solution, but I've done a PDA version of OWA that will allow
you to access Public Folder items using your device's Web browser.

www.leederbyshire.com

Lee.

--

Outlook Web Access For PDA , OWA For WAP:
www.leederbyshire.com
email a@t leederbyshire d.0.t c.0.m
November 21, 2004 6:29:19 PM

Try Intellisync at www.pumatech.com