Need an ATA for 1 POTS line and 2 IP Phone accounts

Last response: in Networking
March 5, 2005 3:49:41 AM

Don't know much about VOIP. Can someone reccommend an ATA that I can
plug in one analog telephone that will allow me to dial and receive
calls on: one POTS landline phone number; and 2 IP phone accounts. One
of the IP phone accounts is from my cable ISP, and the other is one of
the internet SIP phones called Stanaphone. I recently bought a Sipura
SPA3000 to configure like this, but from what I understand on this unit
you can only configure a total of two accounts including the POTS line.

Thanks for any help.
Anonymous
March 5, 2005 4:40:11 AM

Thanks for the reply. Just out of convenience I would like to keep the
setup to one phone. Actually at present in my small, home office I have
something set up that that lets me do what I explained above. Behind my
main router, which is connected to my cable modem, is a Grandstream
ATA-286 that let's me connect to my ISP's IP phone, and another router
(a Yamaha RTA551 VOIP router, which is probably only available here in
Japan) that lets me access three different internet SIP accounts. A
telephone, separate from my POTS line telephone, is connected to both
the Grandstream and the Yamaha router via a separator, or switch, or
whatever it is called. But with this setup I need plugs for the Yamaha
router, the ATA, and the second phone, not to mention the extra
cabling. I am just trying to clean up things a little.
Anonymous
March 5, 2005 12:00:21 PM

doiku wrote:
> Don't know much about VOIP. Can someone reccommend an ATA that I can
> plug in one analog telephone that will allow me to dial and receive
> calls on: one POTS landline phone number; and 2 IP phone accounts.
> One of the IP phone accounts is from my cable ISP, and the other is
> one of the internet SIP phones called Stanaphone. I recently bought
> a Sipura SPA3000 to configure like this, but from what I understand
> on this unit you can only configure a total of two accounts
> including the POTS line.
>
> Thanks for any help.

Is it *essential* that only one phone is used..? I'd keep the POTS line on
its own phone and use a BT Converse 2025 for the 2 ATA lines.

Ivor
Anonymous
March 21, 2005 1:10:52 AM

These items move very quickly!

they are here now!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item...
e=STRK:MESE:IT

"Marc H.Popek" <LVMarc@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message news:...
> They are moving so fast and perform well .. One of the larger re-sellers
> has pointed out a feature that I had not mentioned before:
>
> "As the CLT unit is self powered from the Phone line, there is no path for
> hum and noise to be picked up from the use of wall mounted transformers
and
> plug in the wall powered units"
>
> This is true
> CLT provides the quietest switch in the industry and a real-world solution
> for conveniently joining your voip and POTS service into a single
> point...the CLT...surge protected to protect your equipment and easy to
use

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item...
> e=STRK:MESE:IT
>

> "Marc H.Popek" <LVMarc@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message news:...
> > They are moving so fast and perform well .. One of the larger
re-sellers
> > has pointed out a feature that I had not mentioned before:
> >
> > "As the CLT unit is self powered from the Phone line, there is no path
for
> > hum and noise to be picked up from the use of wall mounted transformers
> and
> > plug in the wall powered units"
> >
> > This is true
> > CLT provides the quietest switch in the industry and a real-world
solution
> > for convienently joining your voip and POTS service into a single
> > point...the CLT...surge protected to protect your equipment and easy to
> use

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item...
> > e=STRK:MESE:IT
> >
> > "Marc H.Popek" <LVMarc@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > Now you can join your low cost VOIP port and your local pstn port into
> > > single port, automatically! The combine-a-line device combine two
> > telephone
> > > port and auto routes them to your favorite single line Telco gear.
Some

!