Internet Access

September 23, 2004 11:15:05 AM

I installed SP2 for WinXP yesterday, and this morning, I had a yellow warning
icon on my taskbar that said "Limited or no connection" for the Internet. I
clicked on the 'repair' button, and that seemed to help (once I checked all
the cords - I'm on ADSL), but now, my comp. is freezing, and I'm getting
double-line stuff every time the pop-up blocker comes on. Is there some way
to resolve this?
--
always having problems with my computer

More about : internet access

Anonymous
September 23, 2004 2:27:08 PM

Check the firewall permissions, SP2 turns the firewall ON.

"constantcomputertrouble"
<constantcomputertrouble@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message
|I installed SP2 for WinXP yesterday, and this morning, I
had a yellow warning
| icon on my taskbar that said "Limited or no connection"
for the Internet. I
| clicked on the 'repair' button, and that seemed to help
(once I checked all
| the cords - I'm on ADSL), but now, my comp. is freezing,
and I'm getting
| double-line stuff every time the pop-up blocker comes on.
Is there some way
| to resolve this?
| --
| always having problems with my computer
September 24, 2004 12:13:18 AM

I had the same problem. I solved mine by going to START>Control
Panel>Network Connections. There you should see 'MY ISP...Not
Connected"...left click on this to highlight. From the Network Tasks screen
on the left, click Start this Connection. You now should be able to log on
since your ISP will be activated.
Note that the LAN or High Speed Internet (Local area Connection) is labeled
"Limited or no connectivity". This is the icon with a yellow warning that is
in your task bar. I have yet to figure out how to remove it so I let it be !

Norb