Internet Access

I installed SP2 for WinXP yesterday, and this morning, I had a yellow warning
icon on my taskbar that said "Limited or no connection" for the Internet. I
clicked on the 'repair' button, and that seemed to help (once I checked all
the cords - I'm on ADSL), but now, my comp. is freezing, and I'm getting
double-line stuff every time the pop-up blocker comes on. Is there some way
to resolve this?
--
always having problems with my computer
2 answers Last reply

    Check the firewall permissions, SP2 turns the firewall ON.

    "constantcomputertrouble"
    <constantcomputertrouble@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    message
    |I installed SP2 for WinXP yesterday, and this morning, I
    had a yellow warning
    | icon on my taskbar that said "Limited or no connection"
    for the Internet. I
    | clicked on the 'repair' button, and that seemed to help
    (once I checked all
    | the cords - I'm on ADSL), but now, my comp. is freezing,
    and I'm getting
    | double-line stuff every time the pop-up blocker comes on.
    Is there some way
    | to resolve this?
    | --
    | always having problems with my computer

    I had the same problem. I solved mine by going to START>Control
    Panel>Network Connections. There you should see 'MY ISP...Not
    Connected"...left click on this to highlight. From the Network Tasks screen
    on the left, click Start this Connection. You now should be able to log on
    since your ISP will be activated.
    Note that the LAN or High Speed Internet (Local area Connection) is labeled
    "Limited or no connectivity". This is the icon with a yellow warning that is
    in your task bar. I have yet to figure out how to remove it so I let it be !

    Norb
    > Check the firewall permissions, SP2 turns the firewall ON.
    >

    > "constantcomputertrouble"
    > <constantcomputertrouble@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    > message
    > |I installed SP2 for WinXP yesterday, and this morning, I
    > had a yellow warning
    > | icon on my taskbar that said "Limited or no connection"
    > for the Internet. I
    > | clicked on the 'repair' button, and that seemed to help
    > (once I checked all
    > | the cords - I'm on ADSL), but now, my comp. is freezing,
    > and I'm getting
    > | double-line stuff every time the pop-up blocker comes on.
    > Is there some way
    > | to resolve this?
    > | --
    > | always having problems with my computer