crt/monitor fo highend

yanyan

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2006
hi. this is my 1st time here in tom's, one i would like to know, is there a compatibility between highend graphics card and crt/lcd monitors? thinking of buying highend graphics card with nvidia chip, such as 7900gtx, any suggestions will be greatly appreciated, which monitor should i buy, crt/lcd, is it right to stay with crt and then just have 21" screen or an lcd with 17" monitor, tnx!

HoldenMcGroin

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2006
Yanyan, as this is your first time in THG Forums, I gotta say, you're almost surely asking for a CRT/LCD war to wage. For that, look at both options on your own, and decide for yourself. As far as compatibility, I'd look at native resolutions on an LCD, as they don't interpolate as well as CRTs. However, a high res LCD and a video card that can match that resolution=no problem.

My opinion: a 17" monitor is all wrong! Stop whining and get the 21" LCD!

Take that for what it's worth.

hi. this is my 1st time here in tom's, one i would like to know, is there a compatibility between highend graphics card and crt/lcd monitors? thinking of buying highend graphics card with nvidia chip, such as 7900gtx, any suggestions will be greatly appreciated, which monitor should i buy, crt/lcd, is it right to stay with crt and then just have 21" screen or an lcd with 17" monitor, tnx!

The most important thing is what you're going to do with the monitors. Both CRT and LCd favour certain applications/needs.

As for 21" CRT versus 17" LCd as you seem to imply in your question, I'd prefer the greater real estate, but that's because I'm currently typing on my 21" P260 CRT at work, and going home to my 17" WS LCD on my laptop at home.

But they both have their good and bad times.

BTW, Pr0n looks better when it's bigger! :twisted:

TRENDING THREADS