Still Stalling

Hi,

the other day someone mentioned "maintain the same Airspeed and you
will not stall" i tryed this keeping the throttle on full, but during
my climb the Aircraft ascends to about 60-80 degrees on AP(why the hell
does it do that!) and then stalls

what have i done wrong?

because autopilot isnt "clever" and will keep trying to climb at the rate
you set it, even if the plane is getting too slow to do so..

--
From Overlag - Adam Webb

"Yogurt" <Yogurt@forums.simradar.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> the other day someone mentioned "maintain the same Airspeed and you
> will not stall" i tryed this keeping the throttle on full, but during
> my climb the Aircraft ascends to about 60-80 degrees on AP(why the hell
> does it do that!) and then stalls
>
> what have i done wrong?

Get your flightstick out of your ass and it might perform better!!
Your posts Yogi are as sour as your name.

Ibby

"Yogurt" <Yogurt@forums.simradar.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> the other day someone mentioned "maintain the same Airspeed and you
> will not stall" i tryed this keeping the throttle on full, but during
> my climb the Aircraft ascends to about 60-80 degrees on AP(why the hell
> does it do that!) and then stalls
>
> what have i done wrong?

Amangill...
If you follow these instructions to the letter, I think I can solve all the
problems you are having with MSFS2004... as well as any other games you
own... as well as you're mother's problem with getting you to move out of
the basement and get a real job...

In preferred order:

1) Here's what you need to do. First try setting a reasonable maximum VS
rate on the autopilot and a reasonable altitude given the aircraft you are
flying.

Now, enroute to nowhere in particular, read the freakin' on-disk manuals.

After you crash and burn, fight the urge to ask us more questions...
Instead, go through the lessons / tutorials. Do them twice, then try again.

2) If that doesn't work, then do this...

Get the original packaging for your computer out of the attic. Pack the
computer carefully... If you don't have the original packaging, get heavy
cardboard boxes and lots of styrofoam "peanuts". Pack the computer up in
the boxes and mail them to the person who sold it to you with a note; "Some
people are too stupid or lazy to read a manual. They should not be allowed
to have a computer. Do not sell me one again, unless I can produce an IQ
test with a result proven sufficient to sustain life"

3) (and for God's sake, no one else try the following, eh? Especially not
in real life.)
If THAT doesn't work, then go to your local airfield. Purchase a plane. It
has to be your own plane, not one that you stole. Planes can tell if you
are the real owner and it won't work if you stole it. Forget about
returning it later. Trust me, if you follow my instructions, that ain't
ever gonna happen...

This next part is VERY IMPORTANT --- DON'T BOTHER WITH AN INSTRUCTOR PILOT.
YOU DON'T NEED NO E-STINKIN' INSTRUCTOR PILOT. OR BADGES. THAT WILL JUST
ADD EXTRA WEIGHT. NO PASSENGERS, NO INSTRUCTOR PILOTS, JUST YOU AND THE
GODS OF FLIGHT.

FLY THE PLANE OVER AN UNPOPULATED AREA... LIKE THE INDIAN OCEAN. THE MIDDLE
OF IT. (Personally, based on your posts, you seem to be the sort of sad sack
loser that could aim for the ground and still miss and I'd hate for you to
be anywhere near people during your first (and last) solo.)

Now that you can't hurt anyone but yourself, practice climbing without
stalling until you get it right. If you stall, the correct recovery
procedure is cut power to idle and pull back on the stick just as hard as
you can. Try to break it off. Other people will tell you to relax the
stick, maybe even push it forward a mite, but don't listen to them. You're
falling right? Your natural instinct is to pull back on the stick. Trust
those instincts Amandgill! This is what works for YOU even if other's would
do it differently. Who needs airspeed? Why reduce angle of attack?
Attack, Attack Attack, that's what we always say, right Amandgill! Now, you
may notice that your plane starts to spin. Wheee, isn't that fun? Now,
look and see which way the earth seems to be spinning. Give hard rudder in
that direction (others will tell you to give opposite rudder... that will
work for everyone but you. You need to give it as hard rudder in the
direction of the spin as you can. Try to push that rudder pedal through the
floor.) Just keep pulling back on the stick as hard as you can and pushing
the rudder (remember IN THE DIRECTION OF THE SPIN) as hard as you can. Oh,
and if you get time, turn the engine off... The propeller weighs more while
it's spinning and you want to be as light as possible. And think of light
things, like feathers and cotton candy. That is how the plane flys.

After you've done those things, let us know how it worked out for you...

"Yogurt" <Yogurt@forums.simradar.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> the other day someone mentioned "maintain the same Airspeed and you
> will not stall" i tryed this keeping the throttle on full, but during
> my climb the Aircraft ascends to about 60-80 degrees on AP(why the hell
> does it do that!) and then stalls
>
> what have i done wrong?

"Yogurt" <Yogurt@forums.simradar.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> the other day someone mentioned "maintain the same Airspeed and you
> will not stall"

Actually this is incorrect. If the airplane is under Va, (maneuvering speed)
and you increase aoa, the airplane will stall at whatever airspeed under Va
is present, providing critical angle of attack is exceeded.
Over Va, and applying enough aoa to reach CLmax, (stall) you will probably
break the airplane or begin losing parts of it before reaching stall.
Angle of attack is the way to understand stall........NOT airspeed!
Dudley Henriques

dallas

"Jay Williams"
> Who needs airspeed? Why reduce angle of attack?
> Attack, Attack Attack, that's what we always say,

Jay, I've been practicing what you said for hours now and I still keep
stalling.

amangill

Hi Jay Williams,

At last, a serious answer!

I haven't had this much learning since I last had this much learning -
thank you very much, for your solution.

Regards,
John Ward

p.s. Don't forget, there's always Step 4) - There's a stage leaving just at
the time that suits you best - be under it!

"Jay Williams" <Voodoo141@buggeroffspammercox.net> wrote in message
> [...]
> hard rudder in the direction of the spin as you can. Try to push that
> rudder pedal through the floor.) Just keep pulling back on the stick as
> hard as you can and pushing the rudder (remember IN THE DIRECTION OF THE
> SPIN) as hard as you can. Oh, and if you get time, turn the engine off...
> The propeller weighs more while it's spinning and you want to be as light
> as possible. And think of light things, like feathers and cotton candy.
> That is how the plane flys.
>
> After you've done those things, let us know how it worked out for you...
>

> "Yogurt" <Yogurt@forums.simradar.com> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>>
>> the other day someone mentioned "maintain the same Airspeed and you
>> will not stall" i tryed this keeping the throttle on full, but during
>> my climb the Aircraft ascends to about 60-80 degrees on AP(why the hell

Hi Dudley,

Expert advice, as usual - I guess that'll elicit a grateful response,
once he's had some time to experiment a bit with what you're saying?

Regards,
John Ward

"John Ward" <johnrmward@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
> Hi Dudley,
>
> Expert advice, as usual - I guess that'll elicit a grateful response,
> once he's had some time to experiment a bit with what you're saying?
>
> Regards,
> John Ward

:)

Keep practising, mate - practise makes perfect.

It'll come to you, eventually, I hope! :))

JW

> "Jay Williams"
>> Who needs airspeed? Why reduce angle of attack?
>> Attack, Attack Attack, that's what we always say,
>
> Jay, I've been practicing what you said for hours now and I still keep
> stalling.
>
> amangill

if you spin fast enough you turn into a helicopter and can hover!!!! Jay is
brilliant!!!

--
From Overlag - Adam Webb

> Keep practising, mate - practise makes perfect.
>
> It'll come to you, eventually, I hope! :))
>
> JW
> "Dallas" <Cybnorm@spam_me_not.Hotmail.Com> wrote in message
>>
>> "Jay Williams"
>>> Who needs airspeed? Why reduce angle of attack?
>>> Attack, Attack Attack, that's what we always say,
>>
>> Jay, I've been practicing what you said for hours now and I still keep
>> stalling.
>>
>> amangill

My solution was to adjust the elevator trim tab. Even though you are
on autopilot, the trim tab can overpower it if the trim is way off..

On Tue, 30 Aug 2005 08:03:06 -0500, Yogurt

On Tue, 30 Aug 2005 21:41:08 -0500, Jay Williams wrote:

> After you've done those things, let us know how it worked out for you...

Sheesh! ...and Peter calls ME "'curmudgeonly!" ;)

Bill

Oh no... THATS just what they're EXPECTING!!! bwahaahahhhahahh!!!!

"Propwash" <propwash@statnetworks.net> wrote in message
> Jay,
>
> I think you should have included pictures! [:0)
>
> Propwash

Hi Bill,

Well, that's easy for him to do, mate - he's a much better speller than
some of us here on this n/g! :))

Regards,
John Ward