Strange scenery/mesh problem

I started a flight this evening from Lima, Peru heading south to Arequipa.
I'm using the default scenery/mesh and along the way I noticed that the
cliff like escarpments in the mesh in front of me kept moving back as I
advanced (I was at FL320). I could never reach them to fly over them! Also,
from time to time sections of these vertical faces were replaced by blue sky
with clouds in them. Could someone with default scenery for this part of the
world please try the first part of this flight to see if this happens to
you - or are my scenery files corrupted?
Thanks. :0))

Iain

"Beech45Whiskey" <pjricc@gmail.com> wrote in message
> I would say it is not a corruption problem. Instead, I would guess that
> one of your terrain settings in the fs9.cfg file is not optimal for your
> PC
> specs and what you are experiencing is somewhat slow rendering of the
> distant terrain.

Thanks for your reply Peter but I don't think this is the cause. The
textures were rendered it was just that the cliffs kept moving back as I
approached. It seemed to be more of a mesh problem than a texture one. I
might try getting some alternative mesh for that part of the world and see
what that does. However, if someone wants to try the same flight I'd be
interested to know if you have the same result. :0))

> Correct. And I am also talking about mesh, not textures. Again, there
> are
> config values in the sim that control at what point the mesh is detailed.
> If these config values are incorrect for your configuration, you will see
> exactly what you are describing.

Ah! Sorry - now I understand.

> I am away from my sim computer for the week or I would try it out for you.

No problem Peter - thanks for the input.

Iain

"Beech45Whiskey" <pjricc@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Iain Smith <iainsmith.rugby@btinternet.com> wrote:
>

> I would say it is not a corruption problem. Instead, I would guess that
> one of your terrain settings in the fs9.cfg file is not optimal for your
> PC
> specs and what you are experiencing is somewhat slow rendering of the
> distant terrain.

Peter, it does not seem to be my settings as it does not happen anywhere
else in the FS9 world whether default mesh or add-on. Also, the a/port I was
flying to, Arequipa, was stuck on top of a column of rock several thousand
feet above the surrounding terrain! I think it's one of MS terrain glitches!
:0))

Iain

Interesting Peter. Thanks and will be interested if you can remember. :0))