reformatting NT Floppy

stewart

Distinguished
May 4, 2004

I have installed XP on a new hard drive and everything is
fine. I have an old floppy formatted from an NT computer I
want to open in my XP(home addition)but when I click on
the A drive it says "not formatted" How do I format this
floppy so I can open it up on my XP computer.

Thx

In news:4a8301c4a18d$55d04630$a501280a@phx.gbl,
Stewart <steweisele@earthlink.net> typed:

>I have installed XP on a new hard drive and everything is
> fine. I have an old floppy formatted from an NT computer I
> want to open in my XP(home addition)but when I click on
> the A drive it says "not formatted" How do I format this
> floppy so I can open it up on my XP computer.

Do *not* attempt to format it. If you do so, you will lose
everything on it.

Read http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=140060 and

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q309623

Please reply to the newsgroup