Yesterday's windows update got interrupted

mrfaces

Distinguished
May 6, 2010
I hope someone can help, I do not want to have to reinstall windows and reinstall applications.

On my dad's computer last night the update for windows got interrupted while it was shutting down applying the updates.
When I turned the computer back on it will not load windows. I get black screen. I have tried the following so far:

Windows did not close properly message appeared...it tried to fix..brought me to a screen which it gave me options to "Start up Repair", "System Restore" and "System Image".
I tried System Restore, there were only one restore point I can choose from some reason and it did not work. The message returns with System Restore failed....
I then tried the Startup Repair. It stated that it may or may not fixed the problem. It restarts to Windows I get the Windows logo splash screen without the Windows 7 text.
It then says "FATAL error C0000034 applying update operation 197 of 113977.
Also I want to mention I cannot boot into safe mode. It just hangs.

Thanks.

mrfaces

Distinguished
May 6, 2010
Is there a way to remove the parial windows update files in win explorer by using the HD on a second computer just to get it to boot into windows to remove in add/remove programs?