Won't POST after BIOS Update! HELP!

civicphreak

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2006
I just flashed the BIOS using a floppy disk. I made sure it was the correct model number, etc. The Update went well, no problems there (no power outtages, no resets). So when it asked for a reset after the BIOS update, I hit the key it wanted to reset (ESC) and now my MOBO/computer won't turn on to POST. The lights and fans go on but not getting any video to the monitor. It doesn't beep or anything either.

I've tried clearing the CMOS with the jumper, unplugging the power supply & taking the battery out for 10 minutes, and nothing has worked. I know it's not a power supply issue as it is a brand new model and I have 580 wants plenty to go around.

What do I do now? I'm basically stuck now.

kona

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2005
Hey man that sucks

You may not be screwed though. If you have a removable bios chip you can get ahold of Gigabyte and have them send you another one. I have heard of people doing this with other companies like asus. Its worth a try right?

Good luck...let us know what you end up doing

groovusj

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2006
Do you have two graphics adapters? I updated and had no video output due to cmos reset. Video was being sent to card that was not hooked up to monitor (Duh). Really freaked me out for a minute.

Computer_junky321

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2009
Ya same thing happend to my Toshiba Satellite L300D. On my computer when the dowload was complete the screen went black with only the back lights on. So I went and checked as many sites i could about the problem before i shut down my computer, i found out that this means i need a chip replaced in my mother board. I called toshiba and after trouble shooting for a while i was told i need to go get it checked and see if it is some virus. If it isn't then I will get it fixed for free. I know it is not a virus it is just Toshiba not making a PROPER UPDATE! :fou:

So if your computer is not under waranty then you will have to pay for your computer to be fixed, if it is on waranty then good you get it fixed fo$r free. :D

TRENDING THREADS