Computer Slow Down

Don't usually have much to say about software but!
My computer has been running really slow and have weird things happen (like
programs closing while I'm using them). Have been running
AdAware Pro 6.0, CWShredder, Spyware Blaster & Spybot Search&Destroy and run
them on a regular basis.Also have Panda Anti-virus. To make a long story
short, just downloaded and installed the new FREE AdAware SE Personal
Edition (it has a deep registry scan). Ran a scan and it found 11 registry
entries with problems. It corrected them and now its like my computer is
brand new again, running fast (like I thought XP was suppose to do). I
would definitely recommend this program.
3 answers Last reply
More about computer slow down

    So would I. But, like any tool, use it with care.

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    "Dan" <notme@cox.net> wrote in message
    > Don't usually have much to say about software but!
    > My computer has been running really slow and have weird things happen
    > (like
    > programs closing while I'm using them). Have been running
    > AdAware Pro 6.0, CWShredder, Spyware Blaster & Spybot Search&Destroy and
    > run
    > them on a regular basis.Also have Panda Anti-virus. To make a long story
    > short, just downloaded and installed the new FREE AdAware SE Personal
    > Edition (it has a deep registry scan). Ran a scan and it found 11
    > registry
    > entries with problems. It corrected them and now its like my computer is
    > brand new again, running fast (like I thought XP was suppose to do). I
    > would definitely recommend this program.

    Well, what happand is that u had spyware installad on your computer. This
    files makes your comp and internet connection run slower. Avoid downloading
    this files. They are found in freeware programs like Kazaa and in ActiveX
    pop-up

    "Dan" wrote:

    > Don't usually have much to say about software but!
    > My computer has been running really slow and have weird things happen (like
    > programs closing while I'm using them). Have been running
    > AdAware Pro 6.0, CWShredder, Spyware Blaster & Spybot Search&Destroy and run
    > them on a regular basis.Also have Panda Anti-virus. To make a long story
    > short, just downloaded and installed the new FREE AdAware SE Personal
    > Edition (it has a deep registry scan). Ran a scan and it found 11 registry
    > entries with problems. It corrected them and now its like my computer is
    > brand new again, running fast (like I thought XP was suppose to do). I
    > would definitely recommend this program.

    This is affectionately known as the "clog factor."

    "Nicoliani" <Nicoliani@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Well, what happand is that u had spyware installad on your computer. This
    > files makes your comp and internet connection run slower. Avoid
    > downloading
    > this files. They are found in freeware programs like Kazaa and in ActiveX
    > pop-up
    >
    > "Dan" wrote:
    >
    >> Don't usually have much to say about software but!
    >> My computer has been running really slow and have weird things happen
    >> (like
    >> programs closing while I'm using them). Have been running
    >> AdAware Pro 6.0, CWShredder, Spyware Blaster & Spybot Search&Destroy and
    >> run
    >> them on a regular basis.Also have Panda Anti-virus. To make a long story
    >> short, just downloaded and installed the new FREE AdAware SE Personal
    >> Edition (it has a deep registry scan). Ran a scan and it found 11
    >> registry
    >> entries with problems. It corrected them and now its like my computer is
    >> brand new again, running fast (like I thought XP was suppose to do). I
    >> would definitely recommend this program.

Computers Windows XP