Computer Slow Down

September 23, 2004 3:48:59 PM

Don't usually have much to say about software but!
My computer has been running really slow and have weird things happen (like
programs closing while I'm using them). Have been running
AdAware Pro 6.0, CWShredder, Spyware Blaster & Spybot Search&Destroy and run
them on a regular basis.Also have Panda Anti-virus. To make a long story
short, just downloaded and installed the new FREE AdAware SE Personal
Edition (it has a deep registry scan). Ran a scan and it found 11 registry
entries with problems. It corrected them and now its like my computer is
brand new again, running fast (like I thought XP was suppose to do). I
would definitely recommend this program.

More about : computer slow

Anonymous
September 23, 2004 11:25:11 PM

So would I. But, like any tool, use it with care.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Dan" <notme@cox.net> wrote in message
> Don't usually have much to say about software but!
> My computer has been running really slow and have weird things happen
> (like
> programs closing while I'm using them). Have been running
> AdAware Pro 6.0, CWShredder, Spyware Blaster & Spybot Search&Destroy and
> run
> them on a regular basis.Also have Panda Anti-virus. To make a long story
> short, just downloaded and installed the new FREE AdAware SE Personal
> Edition (it has a deep registry scan). Ran a scan and it found 11
> registry
> entries with problems. It corrected them and now its like my computer is
> brand new again, running fast (like I thought XP was suppose to do). I
> would definitely recommend this program.

Anonymous
September 25, 2004 10:53:02 AM

Well, what happand is that u had spyware installad on your computer. This
files makes your comp and internet connection run slower. Avoid downloading
this files. They are found in freeware programs like Kazaa and in ActiveX
pop-up

"Dan" wrote:

> Don't usually have much to say about software but!
> My computer has been running really slow and have weird things happen (like
> programs closing while I'm using them). Have been running
> AdAware Pro 6.0, CWShredder, Spyware Blaster & Spybot Search&Destroy and run
> them on a regular basis.Also have Panda Anti-virus. To make a long story
> short, just downloaded and installed the new FREE AdAware SE Personal
> Edition (it has a deep registry scan). Ran a scan and it found 11 registry
> entries with problems. It corrected them and now its like my computer is
> brand new again, running fast (like I thought XP was suppose to do). I
> would definitely recommend this program.

Anonymous
September 26, 2004 12:06:02 AM

This is affectionately known as the "clog factor."

!