X800 GTO: Good idea?

SilentKiller5

Distinguished
May 13, 2006
I've been considering upgrading my graphics card for a while now, and I just recently found a really awesome price for it on Newegg for $121 (open-box). I'm bound to the AGP interface for now, so do you know what kind of performance I'd be able to get out of the X800 GTO, how much I could OC it, and how well it'd play on Oblivion (my current favorite game)? Thanks in advance.

cleeve

Illustrious
Wether or not it's a good idea depends entirely on what kind of videocard you currently have, and what kind of system you're running...

Coming from a P4 2.6 and 9600, you'll see a huge boost with the X800 GTO, it'll let you riun higher resolutions and with AA/AF that would stop your 9600 in it's tracks.

SilentKiller5

Distinguished
May 13, 2006
Wether or not it's a good idea depends entirely on what kind of videocard you currently have, and what kind of system you're running...

Coming from a P4 2.6 and 9600, you'll see a huge boost with the X800 GTO, it'll let you riun higher resolutions and with AA/AF that would stop your 9600 in it's tracks.

Ok thanks...

Now, from what I've been hearing, there's rumors that a 7600 GT could be released for AGP in mid-July. Any idea on whether or not this is bogus, if it's true what the price (approx) would be, and whether or not I should wait if it isn't bogus? Thanks.

Anyways, does anyone know how an X800 GTO would perform on Oblivion?

cleeve

Illustrious
No-one knows for sure about the 7600 GT for AGP. Might happen, might not... if it does, it'll be the GS versiopn and have similar performance to the X800 GTO anyway, probably for more money.

The X800 GTO does pretty well in Oblivion.