War bewteen Amd and Intel Heat's up!

killz86

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2005
Hello,

Yes i know Amd and Intel have been battleing for the performce crown. but now things have really heated up with all the price cutting.Would i have never seen Amd cut there pirce's like this. i mean shit now everybody can get nice computers with out burning holes in there wallet's
And amd wanting to do 4X4 Cpu's. And intel with 16Mb on cpus. but that is down the road and i belive soon. The last few months we have been fighting it out. but these past few weeks it been a battlefeild. I mean with inteling talking about Conroe and it being put out on july 23rd. and amd cutting price like crazy. I mean i can say i knew this day would come. but its more then what i though it would be.

Please put your though's in on this

clue69less

Splendid
Mar 2, 2006
It's a win - win situation for the consumers.

Since AMD cannot compete with Intel on performance, they are cutting prices to gain more sales.

I actually think that's a bit of oversimplification. AMDs price cuts will pull some buyers away from lower end Core purchases. We're at the end of a socket cycle, so this is a logical thing for AMD to do. Out with the old and all that. But yes it is win/win.

chuckshissle

Splendid
Feb 2, 2006
Exactly now that Core 2 and also the upcoming AMD chip they are dropping prices like it's cool to both raise more sales and get rid of the stock. In that case everyone wins.

EvoPro

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2006
Hello,

Yes i know Amd and Intel have been battleing for the performce crown. but now things have really heated up with all the price cutting.Would i have never seen Amd cut there pirce's like this. i mean **** now everybody can get nice computers with out burning holes in there wallet's
And amd wanting to do 4X4 Cpu's. And intel with 16Mb on cpus. but that is down the road and i belive soon. The last few months we have been fighting it out. but these past few weeks it been a battlefeild. I mean with inteling talking about Conroe and it being put out on july 23rd. and amd cutting price like crazy. I mean i can say i knew this day would come. but its more then what i though it would be.

Please put your though's in on this

Are you trying to ask something? Or are you just babbling about something everyone already knows?

jkflipflop98

Distinguished
I used to work with an engineer years back that has to be one of the absolute most intelligent people on the planet. This guy knew everything about everything and could blow out huge equasions with nothing but a single thought. He came up with alot of process technology that is now widespread standards throughout the integrated electronics industry.

However, the fellow would talk to himself - in no small utterances mind you - about everything. Sometimes you would walk into the restroom and hear him having a full blown conversation in the stall next to you as if there's someone else in there with him. True genious comes in really weird ways.

So, don't make fun of the fellow babbling out thoughts. It's not nice.

namralaks

Distinguished
May 23, 2006
I used to work with an engineer years back that has to be one of the absolute most intelligent people on the planet. This guy knew everything about everything and could blow out huge equasions with nothing but a single thought. He came up with alot of process technology that is now widespread standards throughout the integrated electronics industry.

However, the fellow would talk to himself - in no small utterances mind you - about everything. Sometimes you would walk into the restroom and hear him having a full blown conversation in the stall next to you as if there's someone else in there with him. True genious comes in really weird ways.

You saying he's (the guy who strted this thread) some kind of genius :|

dthomason119

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2006
I've been an Intel man forever, I have only had one AMD system and that was for my wife; but with all the price cutting, coupled with AMD continued improved performance, I have been actually considering AMD as a possible choice for my new system. I will wait until Intel cuts their prices before I make a final decision.

MrsD

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2006

Since AMD cannot compete with Intel on performance, they are cutting prices to gain more sales.

Haha. Dont forget fanboy, Intel has yet to release anything that can touch AMD. Lets not jump the gun wiht overspeculation.
We all know Conroe will be a good performer. Secondly we all know Intel is the one that cut the prices first, which was a desperate move on their part to unload their huge overstock of netburst crapola. AMD is just adjusting to the market and it will cost them both lots of mooola but thats what competition does.

dvdpiddy

Splendid
Feb 3, 2006
Can anyone ehar actually spell or atleast fix their mistakes like i do. The name of the thread is mispelled it's between not bewteen and MrsD alot of your posts have spelling errors which i dont see you fix or try to fix.

1Tanker

Splendid
Apr 28, 2006
Can anyone ehar actually spell or atleast fix their mistakes like i do. The name of the thread is mispelled it's between not bewteen and MrsD alot of your posts have spelling errors which i dont see you fix or try to fix.
The only thing MrsD cares is spelled right in her posts is "Fanboy"....Her favorite word. She's a MMM disciple. :roll:

1Tanker

Splendid
Apr 28, 2006

Einstein was a fruitloop too, but knew his stuff. :wink:

Haha. Dont forget fanboy, Intel has yet to release anything that can touch AMD. Lets not jump the gun wiht overspeculation.
We all know Conroe will be a good performer. Secondly we all know Intel is the one that cut the prices first, which was a desperate move on their part to unload their huge overstock of netburst crapola. AMD is just adjusting to the market and it will cost them both lots of mooola but thats what competition does.

I'm not a fanboy of either AMD or Intel. I look at the performance numbers and based on them Conroe appears to be better than the Athlon. I'm not basing them on the "Intel controlled" benchmarks released a few months ago. I'm taking about the benchmarks that have been recently release on Tomshardware, Anandtech, and Extremetech. The result are still a little preliminary, but the results indicates that the Conroe core is better than what AMD currently has available.

Don't let you own AMD "fangirlishness" blind to the performance results that are available on the web. Being a fanboy or fangirl to either AMD or Intel only hurts you in the end because for the money that you are spending, you may not be getting the best performance that you think you are getting.

LOL

Don't know any word that's spelled "ehar", did you mean to spell "here"?

"atleast" => "at least"

"i" => I

"mispelled" => Misspelled

Also, if you bother to read any of my post where people are deciding between AMD or Intel. I tell recommend both of them depending on when they need to build a PC.

dvdpiddy

Splendid
Feb 3, 2006
The only thing MrsD cares is spelled right in her posts is "Fanboy"....Her favorite word. She's a MMM disciple. :roll: Nah i don't think so she's not as furious as him.

dvdpiddy

Splendid
Feb 3, 2006

LOL

"atleast" => "at least"

"i" => I

"mispelled" => Misspelled I know man that was just a jab at myself cause sometimes i don't do spellchecks.

1Tanker

Splendid
Apr 28, 2006
I know man that was just a jab at myself cause sometimes i don't do spellchecks.
Thank god for the EDIT button. No
matter how hard i look at my post before i submit it, i almost always miss something, and i end up editing. I tend to be anal about spelling... :? LOL

dvdpiddy

Splendid
Feb 3, 2006
I know man that was just a jab at myself cause sometimes i don't do spellchecks.
Thank god for the EDIT button. No
matter how hard i look at my post before i submit it, i almost always miss something, and i end up editing. I tend to be anal about spelling... :? LOL Me too i checked my post twice and boom guess what i spelled that like this thta i am such an idiot sometimes.

bigballerdan

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2006

LOL

"atleast" => "at least"

"i" => I

"mispelled" => Misspelled

I am anal about spelling things correctly also, therefore I am going to point out that "alot"= a lot. :roll:

Oh and I don't really have a reply to the original post because it's retarted. However, I am glad that we are going to be able to buy more bang for our buck come mid-summer. I'll be able to build a sick system (AM2 or Conroe based) before college. :D