Epson 2200

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
March 23, 2005 5:24:27 PM

My operating system is Windows XP Pro

I try to use my Epson 2200 once or twice every other month to keep in
working order. I daily use Konica-Minolta 2300W and HP LaserJet IIP Plus.

When I went to use the Epson, a light was lit showing I needed to replace a
cartridge. I went into the area where I should be able to view the level of
ink, but when I went to Maintenance, the Status Monitor button was grayed
out and I am unable to use it so I am unable to view the level of ink. I did
replace the cartridge and the warning light went out and the printer works
fine. I used to be able to view the level of ink. What has caused it to gray
out so I can't use it? All of the other buttons are useable.

Thank you for your help.

Judith

More about : epson 2200

Anonymous
March 23, 2005 11:24:26 PM

"Judith Gibson" <gibbyose@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
news:o ij0e.60268$Q83.2676@bignews5.bellsouth.net...
> My operating system is Windows XP Pro
>
> I try to use my Epson 2200 once or twice every other month to keep in
> working order. I daily use Konica-Minolta 2300W and HP LaserJet IIP Plus.
>
> When I went to use the Epson, a light was lit showing I needed to replace
> a cartridge. I went into the area where I should be able to view the level
> of ink, but when I went to Maintenance, the Status Monitor button was
> grayed out and I am unable to use it so I am unable to view the level of
> ink. I did replace the cartridge and the warning light went out and the
> printer works fine. I used to be able to view the level of ink. What has
> caused it to gray out so I can't use it? All of the other buttons are
> useable.
>
> Thank you for your help.
>
> Judith
I imagine it was clogged therefore unable to provide its status to the PC.
--
Cari
(MS-MVP Printing & Imaging)

Anonymous
March 23, 2005 11:44:11 PM

"Cari" <Newsgroups1@coribright.com> wrote in message

> "Judith Gibson" <gibbyose@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
> news:o ij0e.60268$Q83.2676@bignews5.bellsouth.net...
> > My operating system is Windows XP Pro
> >
> > I try to use my Epson 2200 once or twice every other month to keep in
> > working order. I daily use Konica-Minolta 2300W and HP LaserJet IIP
Plus.

> > When I went to use the Epson, a light was lit showing I needed to
replace
> > a cartridge. I went into the area where I should be able to view the
level
> > of ink, but when I went to Maintenance, the Status Monitor button was
> > grayed out and I am unable to use it so I am unable to view the level of
> > ink. I did replace the cartridge and the warning light went out and the
> > printer works fine. I used to be able to view the level of ink. What has
> > caused it to gray out so I can't use it? All of the other buttons are
> > useable.
> >
> > Thank you for your help.
> >
> > Judith
> I imagine it was clogged therefore unable to provide its status to the PC.

That seems unlikely to me.

Try downloading the latest version of the status monitor from Epson. I read
somewhere that you have to install this after driver updates. Perhaps you
had a driver update without re-installing the status monitor.
March 24, 2005 8:54:45 PM

Cari wrote:
> "Judith Gibson" <gibbyose@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
> news:o ij0e.60268$Q83.2676@bignews5.bellsouth.net...
>
>>My operating system is Windows XP Pro
>>
>>I try to use my Epson 2200 once or twice every other month to keep in
>>working order. I daily use Konica-Minolta 2300W and HP LaserJet IIP Plus.
>>
>>When I went to use the Epson, a light was lit showing I needed to replace
>>a cartridge. I went into the area where I should be able to view the level
>>of ink, but when I went to Maintenance, the Status Monitor button was
>>grayed out and I am unable to use it so I am unable to view the level of
>>ink. I did replace the cartridge and the warning light went out and the
>>printer works fine. I used to be able to view the level of ink. What has
>>caused it to gray out so I can't use it? All of the other buttons are
>>useable.
>>
>>Thank you for your help.
>>
>>Judith
>
> I imagine it was clogged therefore unable to provide its status to the PC.

How can an independant chip on the side of the cartridge tell if the
cartridge is blocked?

For sure its not that.
!