DVD RECORDER

September 23, 2004 7:04:29 PM

I am running XP Pro - On boot-up I keep getting a Pop-Up reminder to
upgrade my DVD RECORDER - something that I don´t even have. I went to
regedit and deleted anything to do with DVD and I still get the Pop-Up.

Please tell me how I can eliminate this annoying pop-up.

Thank you.

Bruce Stokes

BWP

More about : dvd recorder

Anonymous
September 23, 2004 7:04:30 PM

If you're getting this popup when you get to the XP desktop, first check the
items in the startup folder on the start menu as something there may be
triggering the even.

Also, make sure your antivirus is up to date and run a virus scan. In
addition, make sure you have no malware on your system, download, install
and run Ad Aware:
www.lavasoftusa.com

If all else fails, if this is a recent issue, you might try running System
Restore to take you back to a time prior to when this began. Start\All
Programs\Accessories\System Tools\System Restore.

--
Michael Solomon MS-MVP
Windows Shell/User

"Bruce Stokes" <brumex85@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:o OKfqAaoEHA.2340@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
>I am running XP Pro - On boot-up I keep getting a Pop-Up reminder to
> upgrade my DVD RECORDER - something that I don´t even have. I went to
> regedit and deleted anything to do with DVD and I still get the Pop-Up.
>
> Please tell me how I can eliminate this annoying pop-up.
>
> Thank you.
>
> Bruce Stokes
>
> BWP

Anonymous
September 23, 2004 11:13:04 PM

You should open Internet options,delete cookies,delete files-chk the box
delete all off-line files,settings,view objects,R.click on them 1 @ a time,
properties,if its familiar close,otherwise delete it,all microsofts should
say
something about microsoft on them,close-out,run,type:%Temp% Edit,
select all,delete all,close-out,empty recycle-bin.

"Bruce Stokes" wrote:

> I am running XP Pro - On boot-up I keep getting a Pop-Up reminder to
> upgrade my DVD RECORDER - something that I don´t even have. I went to
> regedit and deleted anything to do with DVD and I still get the Pop-Up.
>
> Please tell me how I can eliminate this annoying pop-up.
>
> Thank you.
>
> Bruce Stokes
>
> BWP

Anonymous
September 26, 2004 5:57:37 AM

You can look in the registry at your startup programs and see if it is
there. It is under
hkey_local_machine\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\run
Also, look under
hkey_current_user\software\microsoft\windows\currentverision\run
Make a note of all the programs that are there and search on the internet -
there are a lot of sites that explain what each program does.
Make sure you back up your registry before messing with it.
If you are not comfortable messing with the registry, you can try adware by
lavasoft or even spybot. These programs can get most spyware. Good luck!

!