Amazon Uses Homepage to Take a Shot at iPad Mini

Status
Not open for further replies.

friskiest

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2011
[citation][nom]friskiest[/nom]No 7" iPad, hmmm,. according to Conan, there should be more iPads on the way.Just watch[/citation]

G

It's news because it made you read the article and comment on it. Stupid me too.

safcmanfr

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2008
[citation][nom]Michael13579[/nom]It's news because it made you read the article and comment on it. Stupid me too.[/citation]

anything that educates the masses that Apple's overpriced, underspeced products are not worth the money is worth mentioning on news sites imo - the greater exposure the better

fandroid

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2011
[citation][nom]DSpider[/nom]I has 30% moar pixals????Ahem.... 1280x800 vs 1024x768.Yup. Seems legit.[/citation]
Yes its called math. 1024000 pixels - 786432 pixels = 237568 pixels

237568/786432 = 30.2%

You're welcome.

Amazon should also mention 512MB RAM. Basically Apple neutered the iPad Mini to justify the iPad 4 price. All they did was pair an iPad 2 with a smaller screen and a better camera. Amazon should mention this as well.

Given that the iPad mini is much larger than the iPhone 5 it should be able to have equal specs to it not worse. It should at least be equal to an iPad 3 in every respect.

G

"he said recently, adding that the iPad mini is "in a whole different league" compared to competing devices."...

He certainly got that right, but not quite in the way he meant it...it's in a lower league of its own.

G

ipad mini has mono speakers? I haven't bother reading specs on apple's website, but that's just lame.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]jupiter optimus maximus[/nom]ipad mini has mono speakers? I haven't bother reading specs on apple's website, but that's just lame.[/citation]

no one who cares about quality uses the built in speakers, its a nice feature, but when 20$ earbuds beat out the speakers, nomater what you put in them, i cant justify spending much money on it... stereo is just a marketing bullet point in this case.

beardguy

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2010
[citation][nom]christarp[/nom]Don't forget the ads! I love me some ads that you can't get rid of![/citation]

^Fail ...

A new update allows you to turn off the "users also bought" recommendations. As for the lock screen ads, you can get rid of them for $15. So yes, you can turn them off.

svdb

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2009
When all you do is basically making different sizes of the same thing, it just means you're running out of new ideas.

eklipz330

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
[citation][nom]jupiter optimus maximus[/nom]ipad mini has mono speakers? I haven't bother reading specs on apple's website, but that's just lame.[/citation]
no its stereo apparently. i dont think its front facing like the nexus 10
[citation][nom]alidan[/nom]no one who cares about quality uses the built in speakers, its a nice feature, but when 20$ earbuds beat out the speakers, nomater what you put in them, i cant justify spending much money on it... stereo is just a marketing bullet point in this case.[/citation]really, no one? sounds like youre just trying to take as hit on apple for unjust reasons. i care about speakers. when im on my bed, id rather hear from speakers than put on headphones. now what?

glasssplinter

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2006
In reading some other articles regarding the whole thing one can only come to the conclusion that crapple users are the biggest bunch of blind followers. ipad screen is "retina" and everyone says how good it looks and how much better it is than anything else. crapple users are suddenly hd fanatics and compare every other tablet that doesn't have "retina" quality display as being terrible. ipad mini comes out with a terrible screen and suddenly they don't care because it looks okay anyway and you don't need hd on a device this small. Suddenly screen resolution is no longer important because some crapple PR said so. Glad I'm smarter than these sheep.

whoobydo

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2010
I agree that the iPad mini is overpriced and that the specs are not competitive. That being said though, the App store does offer a big incentive that cannot be built into a product. I like Amazon as a company and I hope that the Kindle fire builds momentum, but quality control on apps is almost a must to ensure an optimal user-experience. Amazon might just be the company to match wits with Apple.

robochump

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
I would def get a Kindle Fire over the iPad mini and I love Apple but def get more for your $$$ with Kindle. I would say the iOS is far better but overall Kindle wins.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]eklipz330[/nom]no its stereo apparently. i dont think its front facing like the nexus 10really, no one? sounds like youre just trying to take as hit on apple for unjust reasons. i care about speakers. when im on my bed, id rather hear from speakers than put on headphones. now what?[/citation]

i have never met anyone who uses an ipod, a tablet, a tv over 35 inches, a pc, or a laptop, and uses the built in speakers exclusively.

they are there just in case there is some reason you dont have headphones or better speakers attached, i honestly dont think they are for regular use.

as for apple, lets go with their iphone, i cant complain enough about the speaker on their... but thats more of everyone accepting poor audio equipment in phones than an apple exclusive problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.