Sign in with
Your question

would a mobile amd 64 4000+ skt 754 work in a desktop?

Last response: in CPUs
June 10, 2006 7:07:22 PM

just an idea becuase i saw that mobile chips overclock very well, i havent seen any posts on it but i found a 4000+ mobile for sale online and thought hey could i dump it in an old skt 754 mobo and oc the pants off it?
on an interesting side note could some one please do a guide for using the search on this forum,i searched many times and evey time it comes up with 995 results what am i doing wrong?
June 10, 2006 7:51:50 PM

Yes it will work but remember that mobile chips dont have heatspreader's so you gave to be very careful when mounting the hsf. Also it may not be recognized properly and may require a BIOS update. I can tell you that it will be a very fast chip because I run a very simliar setup and definately havn't felt the upgrade bug(other than a new video card with newer features.)
June 10, 2006 8:10:19 PM

Yes it will you dirty little sex crazed monkey. :lol: 
Related resources
June 11, 2006 2:16:09 PM

You dirty little sex crazed monkey why don't you put a turion in they take way less power.
a c 479 à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
June 11, 2006 5:27:08 PM

Quote:
You dirty little sex crazed monkey why don't you put a turion in they take way less power.

A Turion 64 is not as powerful, and there aren't many motherboards that will work with it.

The MSI RS482M-IL is the only board tested where Cool 'N Quiet works with a Turion.

Turion on Desktop
June 11, 2006 5:53:41 PM

Quote:

A Turion 64 is not as powerful, and there aren't many motherboards that will work with it.

The MSI RS482M-IL is the only board tested where Cool 'N Quiet works with a Turion.

Turion on Desktop I know i mean that it takes less power.
!