FAT_ALBERT

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2006
I need some help with my new comp.

When I boot up to windows it just shows a black screen. I don't know what the problem is. I have tried to reinstall windows but it dosen't recognize a HD as being there

SPECS:
AMD Athlon 3800+
512MB of VIKING memory
80GB Hitatchi Deskstar SATA 2 drive
SAPPHIRE PC - A9RD480Adv
Gefore 6600GT

Is their any advice you can give me...software ANYTHING!

airvents

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2006
can you go into it with more detail and what did yopu mean bye "when I boot into windows i just get a black screen" do you mean you get past BIOS then see thew welcome creen then black screen. very confusuling lol let me think about this.

MrsD

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2006
You get a black screen AFTER you boot into windows? What do you mean windows doesnt see a hardrive? You mean your bios doesnt see the hardrive? Are the cables hooked up correctly?
You are installing windows on a new hardrive using a windows cd?

You dont give nearly enough information for us to help you. Sorry!

chuckshissle

Splendid
Feb 2, 2006
It's pretty vague right now you have to give us more info and so that we narrow down to the main problem. Black screen? any messege at all? Is your display running normally. Where's your monitor hooked up to? the vga or the mobo?

FAT_ALBERT

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2006
Sorry aobut the vaugeness. I get a black screen after I select to boot to windows from the OS select screen.

Windows just dosen't see the hard drive when I go to install...its say that no storeage device was found

airvents

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2006
Try reformating and when you do make sure you have it boot from disk drive then delete the old partion and rreinstall try that