Question on ink supplier

I just purchased a IP4000 and was hoping to buy a refill kit from
alotofthings, since I read in here they had the formulabs ink. I have been
to thier website and can't find the carts or the ink for this printer. I
e-mailed them a couple of days ago and have not recieved response from them
yet. Any suggestions?
Thanks

www.inkjetsaver.com

They have excellent service too, just drop them an email if you have
questions about their ink.

Marge wrote:
> I just purchased a IP4000 and was hoping to buy a refill kit from
> alotofthings, since I read in here they had the formulabs ink. I have been
> to thier website and can't find the carts or the ink for this printer. I
> e-mailed them a couple of days ago and have not recieved response from them
> yet. Any suggestions?
> Thanks

88inkjets.com also advertises cartridges with Formulabs ink. BCI-3e
Blacks, for example, can be had for as little as $2.95 each if you
buy seven. And speaking as a Canadian, they ship to Canada for the
same price as for the US (ooooo, I like that!). I believe I read
they do not ship outside these two countries.

As I haven't received my order yet - at least another week to 10
days - I can't tell you what I think of their cartridges.

They do sell refill kits. At the moment I only see kits for HP and
Lexmark. I will be emailing them to find if and when there will be
Canon refills at their site.

-Taliesyn (no affiliation to 88inkjets or any other dealer)
3rd party inks: print anything you can think of, with ink that costs
next to nothing, to impress people you don't like.

I would not do business with them. If you want 3rd party inks go to
www.inksupply.com and look at the MIS inks.

I went to Costco and bought Canon OEM carts for $9.00 per cart. I also
bought their Kirkland paper but I have not used it yet.

Marge wrote:

>I just purchased a IP4000 and was hoping to buy a refill kit from
>alotofthings, since I read in here they had the formulabs ink. I have been
>to thier website and can't find the carts or the ink for this printer. I
>e-mailed them a couple of days ago and have not recieved response from them
>yet. Any suggestions?
>Thanks

I just went to inkjetsaver. I found no email address on their site to
write to. I found no information on their site as to the brand
(mfg/formulator) orf ink they sell. It is almost like going to amazon
and ordering a printer without knowing the brand of printer to anything
about it.

Do you know the brand they are selling?

> I just went to inkjetsaver. I found no email address on their site to
> write to. I found no information on their site as to the brand
> (mfg/formulator) orf ink they sell. It is almost like going to amazon
> and ordering a printer without knowing the brand of printer to anything
> about it.
>
> Do you know the brand they are selling?

Um, that would be the "Contact Us" page that is prominently linked.
http://www.inkjetsaver.com/contact.html

It looks like you have found an alternative to alotofcrap alotofthings.
I just looked at 88injets.com. I have not had a chance to totally
review the site but it look promising. Let the NG know I the ink carts
are.

Taliesyn wrote:

> Marge wrote:
>
>> I just purchased a IP4000 and was hoping to buy a refill kit from
>> alotofthings, since I read in here they had the formulabs ink. I have
>> been
>> to thier website and can't find the carts or the ink for this
>> printer. I
>> e-mailed them a couple of days ago and have not recieved response
>> from them
>> yet. Any suggestions?
>> Thanks
>>

> 88inkjets.com also advertises cartridges with Formulabs ink. BCI-3e
> Blacks, for example, can be had for as little as $2.95 each if you
> buy seven. And speaking as a Canadian, they ship to Canada for the
> same price as for the US (ooooo, I like that!). I believe I read
> they do not ship outside these two countries.
>
> As I haven't received my order yet - at least another week to 10
> days - I can't tell you what I think of their cartridges.
>
> They do sell refill kits. At the moment I only see kits for HP and
> Lexmark. I will be emailing them to find if and when there will be
> Canon refills at their site.
>
> -Taliesyn (no affiliation to 88inkjets or any other dealer)
> 3rd party inks: print anything you can think of, with ink that costs
> next to nothing, to impress people you don't like.

So far the 88inkjets.com site looks even more promising. Unlike
alotofcrap they tell you the brand of ink they use. I would also like to
know more about the actual carts.

They are not ashamed to provide good contact information. They are
making every attempt at making a professional appearance and not withold
information. Of course I do not have 1st hand experience but I will note
them for the future.

We understand how important it is to provide the best services to our
customers in order to reach the goal of our *100%*

*satisfaction** guaranteed*. Here we list all the ways that you can
reach us.

We know that some customers like to call us and try to get the answers
ASAP when they got questions. But before that,

we recommend that you should try to find your answers from our *FAQ
<http://www.88inkjets.com/FAQ.html>** *first. We list all of the most
common questions and

answers there that can help you out more quickly and efficiently. If you
still can not find the answer you want, you can

contact us in the following ways:

*A. ** E-mail:*

*info@88inkjets.com <mailto:info@88inkjets.com> sales@88inkjets.com
<mailto:sales@88inkjets.com> return@88inkjets.com
<mailto:return@88inkjets.com>*

*feedback@88inkjets.com <mailto:feedback@88inkjets.com> *

* *

*B. ** Address:*

*88inkjets.com*

*20947 Currier Rd.**, Suite F*

*Walnut**, CA 91789***

* *

*C. ** Phone: (909) 595 - 8989 or 1-888-88inkje(t) (1- 888- 884- 6553)*

*Fax: (909) 595 - 8178*

* *

*(Business Hours: Mon - Fri 8:30 AM – 5:30 PM PDT)*

Taliesyn wrote:

> Marge wrote:
>
>> I just purchased a IP4000 and was hoping to buy a refill kit from
>> alotofthings, since I read in here they had the formulabs ink. I have
>> been
>> to thier website and can't find the carts or the ink for this printer. I
>> e-mailed them a couple of days ago and have not recieved response
>> from them
>> yet. Any suggestions?
>> Thanks
>>

> 88inkjets.com also advertises cartridges with Formulabs ink. BCI-3e
> Blacks, for example, can be had for as little as $2.95 each if you
> buy seven. And speaking as a Canadian, they ship to Canada for the
> same price as for the US (ooooo, I like that!). I believe I read
> they do not ship outside these two countries.
>
> As I haven't received my order yet - at least another week to 10
> days - I can't tell you what I think of their cartridges.
>
> They do sell refill kits. At the moment I only see kits for HP and
> Lexmark. I will be emailing them to find if and when there will be
> Canon refills at their site.
>
> -Taliesyn (no affiliation to 88inkjets or any other dealer)
> 3rd party inks: print anything you can think of, with ink that costs
> next to nothing, to impress people you don't like.

They sell their product via eBay and not from the web site. I have used
alotofthings for a long time and have received excellent service from them.
Please don't be misinformed by another of the posters here who refers to
them with names such as alotofcrap. I don't know what his complaint with
them is since he has never purchased anything from them. The fact is that I
have on numerous occasions and have always received excellent service and
prices. FWIW, I have an iP4000 along with an i950, a couple of s820's and a
few more Canon printers that I refill for friends. Output from these
printers using Formulabs ink is indistinguishable from OEM ink.
http://stores.ebay.com/ALOT-OF-THINGS_Canon-Ink-Refills_W0QQcolZ4QQdirZ1QQftidZ2QQpZ3QQtZkm
I hope this helps. Once again, please don't be misdirected by someone who
does not have actual experience using alotofthings as a supplier.
--
Ron Cohen

Ron Cohen wrote:

>They sell their product via eBay and not from the web site. I have used
>alotofthings for a long time and have received excellent service from them.
>Please don't be misinformed by another of the posters here who refers to
>them with names such as alotofcrap. I don't know what his complaint with
>them is since he has never purchased anything from them. The fact is that I
>have on numerous occasions and have always received excellent service and
>prices. FWIW, I have an iP4000 along with an i950, a couple of s820's and a
>few more Canon printers that I refill for friends. Output from these
>printers using Formulabs ink is indistinguishable from OEM ink.

And you can get Formulabs ink from a source that provides information.
Information is service. People who say in writing what you get.

Goto
http://www.88inkjets.com/

Compare their website to alotofcrap. They do not discourage you from
placing phone orders. They disclose what they sell on their website and
it is clear. They provide toll free numbers and numerous email
contacts for different purposes. Look at both sites and evaluate the
companies. You compare and then judge if you want to do business with
Mickey Mouse or a professional company..

>http://stores.ebay.com/ALOT-OF-THINGS_Canon-Ink-Refills_W0QQcolZ4QQdirZ1QQftidZ2QQpZ3QQtZkm
>I hope this helps. Once again, please don't be misdirected by someone who
>does not have actual experience using alotofthings as a supplier.

Who are you trying to fool? By your own admission you say that you might
only go through maybe two sets per year and have been buying them (OEM) at
Costco. Have you ever attempted refilling? My guess is that you haven't. Now
you are touting 88inkjets.com as a great supplier. Maybe they are, but
before you fall in love with them too much you might want to attempt to
place an order for a set of cartridges (since they don't sell bulk ink) for
your iP4000.

You say to compare the prices from 88inkjets to alotofthings. I did and you
won't like the comparison You won't find an iP4000 listed on either site,
but the i860 is. It uses the same five tank setup. 88inkjets has two routes
for i860/iP4000 combo packs. One has three BCI-3ebk black cartridges and two
each of BCI-6 C/M/Y, but no BCI-6BK - therefore not a full set and it sells
for $34.99. The second does have three BCI-6BK tanks, along with two each of
the BCI-6 C/M/Y (but no BCI-3ebk) and this incomplete set sells for $35.99.
Both of these options have a total of 9 tanks each. To make a complete set
you will need to add the missing black tanks to either set and those cost an
additional $4.50 per tank which raises the cost an additional $13.50 if you
want the same number of tanks as offered by alotofthings. The resulting
total cost is $48.49 or $49.49 depending on which option you choose. Let's
compare what an i860 combo pack will cost from alotofthings. A complete 12
pack (not an incomplete 9 pack as offered by 88inkjets) consisting of 4
BCI-3ebk and 2 each of BCI-6 C/M/Y/K is $29.90 +$6.95s/h. Now, please
explain how a vendor that advertises an incomplete combo pack for a higher
price than a complete set from alotofthings is better. If you do a lot of
printing and really want to save money, a 40 ounce bulk set of Formulabs ink
(five 8oz bottles - one of each color) is $44.97. That's enough ink to
refill each of the color tanks about 30 times and the pigmented black about
20. However that deal is only available from alotofthings. 88inkjets doesn't
list bulk ink for Canon printers.

Do a google search on both alotofthings and 88inkjets. Alotofthings has an
extensive history and highly favorable user comments. 88inkjets has nothing
but links posted by referral sites. Look at eBay feedback for alotofthings.
They have over 7,000 feedback comments and a 99.9% favorable rating. You say
that 88inkjets doesn't discourage phone orders, but they do encourage
ordering by mail, fax or online. Alotofthings is an eBay vendor who plays by
the rules which means placing the orders through the eBay system. What's
wrong with being honest? You say that 88inkjets provides information and
alothofthings doesn't. Both sites clearly state that their ink is supplied
by Formulabs and both sites clearly have their phone numbers and email
contacts shown. For 88inkjets, that's where it ends. Do they offer primer
sheets? Refilling instructions? Palette test pages? Technical information?
Trouble shooting information? Is the owners name clearly shown? Helpful
tips? The answer is no for 88inkjets and yes for alotofthings.

For some reason that you haven't explained why you are making unfounded
vitriolic comments and resorting to childish name calling against
alotofthings. If you had ever ordered from them, you might have a reason.
But I doubt that would have been the case since they would have provided a
quality product at a low price and with excellent service. Instead of
constantly disparaging them, you would be singing their praises just as you
do for your iP4000.

Ron Cohen

Ron Cohen wrote:

> You say to compare the prices from 88inkjets to alotofthings. I did and you
> won't like the comparison You won't find an iP4000 listed on either site,
> but the i860 is.

A sample price check I did, I can get 5 BCI-3eBK at Alotofthings for $10
and 7 at 88inkjets for $21. Adding 2 more Alothofthings cartridges, at
$2 apiece (theoretical), brings the price up to $14 versus $21 at
88inkjets.

Alotofthings charges $6.95 shipping it seems. 88inkjets charges just
$3.95 to both the US AND Canada (I like the fact that I'm treated as an
equal!). 88inkjets also offers free shipping for purchases over $39 with
a gift of 40 sheets for 4x6 photo paper for registered buyers.

In my case, according to the ink I just bought, the mathematical
difference would have been a saving of $4 at Alotofthings. They will
also be sending me a gift of some photo paper.

But as I'm Canadian, at the moment it's a no-brainer: Alotofthings won't
simply won't ship to me, 88inkjets will.

I still would have preferred to shop at Alotofthings because they
sell Bulk ink, kits and cartridges (maybe more). 88inkjets does not.
That's a big plus. I truly hope Alotofthings changes this insulting
(to me) shipping policy.

In the last three months I've bought a printhead from the States
(arrived in just 9 days), I've even bought 28 cartridges from the other
side of the Earth (Australia) that arrived in less than 2 weeks, and
this was right in the middle of the Christmas/New Year's Holiday Season.
I've bought a specialized camera battery from Utah and a memory card
from New York that arrived in about a week. Other people it seems
have no difficulties shipping to me.

-Taliesyn
3rd party inks: print anything you can think of, with ink that costs
next to nothing, to impress people you don't like.

"Ron Cohen" <drc023@N^O+S~P^A^M.sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
[..]
> For some reason that you haven't explained why you are making unfounded
> vitriolic comments and resorting to childish name calling against
> alotofthings.

Do what most of us have done and ignore measekite - all he ever does is
troll.

Ron Cohen wrote:

> [...]
>but links posted by referral sites. Look at eBay feedback for alotofthings.
>They have over 7,000 feedback comments and a 99.9% favorable rating. You say
>that 88inkjets doesn't discourage phone orders, but they do encourage
>ordering by mail, fax or online. Alotofthings is an eBay vendor who plays by
>the rules which means placing the orders through the eBay system. What's
>wrong with being honest? You say that 88inkjets provides information and
>alothofthings doesn't. Both sites clearly state that their ink is supplied
>by Formulabs and both sites clearly have their phone numbers and email
>contacts shown. For 88inkjets, that's where it ends. Do they offer primer
>sheets? Refilling instructions? Palette test pages? Technical information?
>Trouble shooting information? Is the owners name clearly shown? Helpful
>tips? The answer is no for 88inkjets and yes for alotofthings.

Hopefully they will in the near future. I see that you had the pleasure
of throughly reading a good website with information. At least they
tell you what kink of ink is in their cartridges. Right now I use OEM
ink but that may change in the future as I may decide to print more
photos. As far as business use, I rely on my HP990CSE due to the fact
that it has a draft quality that is superior to the Canon standard
quality at a speed that is similar to the Canon standard speed.
However, the HP is more expensive.

I did not want to business with Alotofcrap. The do NOT commit in
writing on either their own or the eBay site the brand they are
selling. They tell you not to call them to place an order. They do not
have an 800 number. Formulabs needs to provide more competition and to
realize that they need to supply other business with their product
rather than the kindergarten.

Taliesyn wrote:

> Ron Cohen wrote:
>

>> You say to compare the prices from 88inkjets to alotofthings. I did
>> and you won't like the comparison You won't find an iP4000 listed on
>> either site, but the i860 is.
>

> A sample price check I did, I can get 5 BCI-3eBK at Alotofthings for
> $10 and 7 at 88inkjets for $21. Adding 2 more Alothofthings
> cartridges, at $2 apiece (theoretical), brings the price up to $14
> versus $21 at
> 88inkjets.
>
> Alotofthings charges $6.95 shipping it seems. 88inkjets charges just
> $3.95 to both the US AND Canada (I like the fact that I'm treated as an
> equal!). 88inkjets also offers free shipping for purchases over $39 with
> a gift of 40 sheets for 4x6 photo paper for registered buyers.
>
> In my case, according to the ink I just bought, the mathematical
> difference would have been a saving of $4 at Alotofthings. They will
> also be sending me a gift of some photo paper.
>
> But as I'm Canadian, at the moment it's a no-brainer: Alotofthings
> won't simply won't ship to me,

Alotofcrap only want to do business if it is their way. Not in the best
interest of the customer. Sure 88inkjets need some improvements, the
need to extend their quantity discount to provide for mixing and
matching of colors and they need to sell bulk ink and refill kits and
maybe carry cartridges of the kind hobbicolors has.

I just like to see good competition even if I do not use them.
Basically with all of the no name brand x es around it is caviet emptor
for the customer. Hopefully, there will be some good businessmen
entering the industry that will shape up some of the fly by nighters.

"Ivor Floppy" <Ivor@somewhere.uk> wrote in message

> "Ron Cohen" <drc023@N^O+S~P^A^M.sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> [..]
>> For some reason that you haven't explained why you are making unfounded
>> vitriolic comments and resorting to childish name calling against
>> alotofthings.
>
> Do what most of us have done and ignore measekite - all he ever does is
> troll.

You're absolutely correct. Unfortunately, he posts blatantly incorrect
information about an outstanding vendor and I don't feel he should go
unchallenged. Isn't it interesting that he sets himself up as the authority
on vendors he's never used. Maybe if he had some actual experiences to
report his comments might be more meaningful.

Ron Cohen

Just look at their website. That is their ambassador to the customer's
world. Their own site says:

***We do not accept phone in orders.*
Phone in inquiries are not always possible during certain times of the
week therefore it is best to satate that we simply do not accept phone
in orders.
Though we would love to have an excessive number of employee hanging
around waiting for calls, the fact is very simple. Everyone here works -
all the time.

They say that giving customer service is hanging around.

Here is the difference of what 88inkjet is saying:

[...]

We hope our service will fulfill your expectation. Thank you for
choosing *88inkjets.com <http://www.88inkjets.com/>*.

Business are judged by what they say in writing.