FS team is hiring

Last response: in Video Games
August 31, 2005 8:57:46 PM

Just noticed the FS team is hiring. See
http://members.microsoft.com/careers/search/details.asp...
for more information.

Wayne

More about : team hiring

Anonymous
September 1, 2005 12:01:31 AM

If this is a new job posting, then anyone care to take an educated guess at
how long it would take from here to the release date?

Luke.

"Wayne Citrin" <wcitrin@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Just noticed the FS team is hiring. See
> http://members.microsoft.com/careers/search/details.asp...
> for more information.
>
> Wayne

Anonymous
September 1, 2005 3:26:39 AM

On Wed, 31 Aug 2005 16:57:46 -0600, Wayne Citrin wrote:

> Just noticed the FS team is hiring. See
> http://members.microsoft.com/careers/search/details.asp...
> for more information.

The job description jives well with what the Eaglesoft Team learned during
a two hour session with Susan & Brian while at Oshkosh last month.

Look here for pictures:
http://www.eaglesoftdg.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1234

The next edition of FS will be quite different from what we've seen so
far... Finally we're going to get a sim that actually USES the awesome
power of the video card's CPU... ;)

Bill
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
September 1, 2005 5:25:38 AM

"Luke G"
> anyone care to take an educated guess at
> how long it would take from here to the release date?

"Your initial responsibilities would include owning the weather and visual
effects subsystems, "

I guess they don't have someone doing that now? Sounds like a pretty key
position to me and it's currently vacant?

I'd say this indicates a setback, so I'll guess 2010. :-)

Dallas
Anonymous
September 1, 2005 5:25:39 AM

> "Your initial responsibilities would include owning the weather and visual
> effects subsystems, "
>
> I guess they don't have someone doing that now? Sounds like a pretty key
> position to me and it's currently vacant?
>
> I'd say this indicates a setback, so I'll guess 2010. :-)

For all we know, this position could be to develop the weather and visual
effects subsystems for FS 11...

Wayne
Anonymous
September 1, 2005 5:25:39 AM

On Thu, 01 Sep 2005 01:25:38 GMT, Dallas wrote:

> I'd say this indicates a setback, so I'll guess 2010. :-)

That guess will be just as accurate as the last guess you made... ;)

Bill
Anonymous
September 1, 2005 7:28:00 AM

I dont think any one person would be working on the s/w - MS are very much
team orientated so I don't think its an issue which would delay the next
extravaganza. I blv this has subject has been beaten to death in the past.
MS will release FS10 when they are good and ready and no doubt it will be a
quantum leap which will render all our present a/c and scenry redundant not
to mention our PC's. But then we've been there before haven't we?

> "Luke G"
>> anyone care to take an educated guess at
>> how long it would take from here to the release date?
>
> "Your initial responsibilities would include owning the weather and visual
> effects subsystems, "
>
> I guess they don't have someone doing that now? Sounds like a pretty key
> position to me and it's currently vacant?
>
> I'd say this indicates a setback, so I'll guess 2010. :-)
>
> Dallas

Anonymous
September 1, 2005 7:34:01 AM

>> "Your initial responsibilities would include owning the weather and
>> visual
>> effects subsystems, "

I used to know a guy who owned the weather, but then again he was a
RAIN-GOD. He didn't like owning it too much and got rid of it on e-bay.
September 1, 2005 3:04:04 PM

On Wed, 31 Aug 2005 16:57:46 -0600, "Wayne Citrin" <wcitrin@yahoo.com>
brought the following to our attention:

>Just noticed the FS team is hiring. See
>http://members.microsoft.com/careers/search/details.asp...
>for more information.
>
>Wayne

too bad there's no FDE position open!!!!

* must have experience with Excel SS

-g
Anonymous
September 1, 2005 8:51:04 PM

Hi Bill,

O.K, I give up - what ARE my Username and Password???

Regards,
John Ward
"Bill Leaming" <n4gix@comcast.net> wrote in message
> On Wed, 31 Aug 2005 16:57:46 -0600, Wayne Citrin wrote:
>
>> Just noticed the FS team is hiring. See
>> http://members.microsoft.com/careers/search/details.asp...
>> for more information.
>
> The job description jives well with what the Eaglesoft Team learned during
> a two hour session with Susan & Brian while at Oshkosh last month.
>
> Look here for pictures:
> http://www.eaglesoftdg.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1234
>
> The next edition of FS will be quite different from what we've seen so
> far... Finally we're going to get a sim that actually USES the awesome
> power of the video card's CPU... ;)
>
> Bill
Anonymous
September 1, 2005 9:57:15 PM

On Thu, 1 Sep 2005 16:51:04 +1000, John Ward wrote:

> Hi Bill,
>
> O.K, I give up - what ARE my Username and Password???

Whatever YOU want them to be. It's a fairly simple registration process...
instant gratification... ;)

Bill
Anonymous
September 2, 2005 2:19:48 AM

"Bill Leaming" <n4gix@comcast.net> wrote in message

> The next edition of FS will be quite different from what we've seen so
> far... Finally we're going to get a sim that actually USES the awesome
> power of the video card's CPU... ;)

Oh dear! I see a choice coming between high cost or low performance! :-( I
think I'll stick with FS9 and as Dallas says I've probably got a couple of
years! :0))

Iain
!