FS team is hiring

On Wed, 31 Aug 2005 16:57:46 -0600, Wayne Citrin wrote:

> Just noticed the FS team is hiring. See
> http://members.microsoft.com/careers/search/details.aspx?JobID=76eb732a-558e-4746-a367-47e8a54695c8
> for more information.

The job description jives well with what the Eaglesoft Team learned during
a two hour session with Susan & Brian while at Oshkosh last month.

Look here for pictures:
http://www.eaglesoftdg.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1234

The next edition of FS will be quite different from what we've seen so
far... Finally we're going to get a sim that actually USES the awesome
power of the video card's CPU... ;)

Bill

dallas

"Luke G"
> anyone care to take an educated guess at
> how long it would take from here to the release date?

"Your initial responsibilities would include owning the weather and visual
effects subsystems, "

I guess they don't have someone doing that now? Sounds like a pretty key
position to me and it's currently vacant?

I'd say this indicates a setback, so I'll guess 2010. :)

Dallas

> "Your initial responsibilities would include owning the weather and visual
> effects subsystems, "
>
> I guess they don't have someone doing that now? Sounds like a pretty key
> position to me and it's currently vacant?
>
> I'd say this indicates a setback, so I'll guess 2010. :)

For all we know, this position could be to develop the weather and visual
effects subsystems for FS 11...

Wayne

On Thu, 01 Sep 2005 01:25:38 GMT, Dallas wrote:

> I'd say this indicates a setback, so I'll guess 2010. :)

That guess will be just as accurate as the last guess you made... ;)

Bill

I dont think any one person would be working on the s/w - MS are very much
team orientated so I don't think its an issue which would delay the next
extravaganza. I blv this has subject has been beaten to death in the past.
MS will release FS10 when they are good and ready and no doubt it will be a
quantum leap which will render all our present a/c and scenry redundant not
to mention our PC's. But then we've been there before haven't we?

> "Luke G"
>> anyone care to take an educated guess at
>> how long it would take from here to the release date?
>
> "Your initial responsibilities would include owning the weather and visual
> effects subsystems, "
>
> I guess they don't have someone doing that now? Sounds like a pretty key
> position to me and it's currently vacant?
>
> I'd say this indicates a setback, so I'll guess 2010. :)
>
> Dallas

>> "Your initial responsibilities would include owning the weather and
>> visual
>> effects subsystems, "

I used to know a guy who owned the weather, but then again he was a
RAIN-GOD. He didn't like owning it too much and got rid of it on e-bay.

GREGORY

On Wed, 31 Aug 2005 16:57:46 -0600, "Wayne Citrin" <wcitrin@yahoo.com>
brought the following to our attention:

>Just noticed the FS team is hiring. See
>http://members.microsoft.com/careers/search/details.aspx?JobID=76eb732a-558e-4746-a367-47e8a54695c8
>for more information.
>
>Wayne

too bad there's no FDE position open!!!!

* must have experience with Excel SS

-g

Hi Bill,

O.K, I give up - what ARE my Username and Password???

Regards,
John Ward

On Thu, 1 Sep 2005 16:51:04 +1000, John Ward wrote:

> Hi Bill,
>
> O.K, I give up - what ARE my Username and Password???

Whatever YOU want them to be. It's a fairly simple registration process...
instant gratification... ;)

Bill

"Bill Leaming" <n4gix@comcast.net> wrote in message

> The next edition of FS will be quite different from what we've seen so
> far... Finally we're going to get a sim that actually USES the awesome
> power of the video card's CPU... ;)

Oh dear! I see a choice coming between high cost or low performance! :-( I
think I'll stick with FS9 and as Dallas says I've probably got a couple of
years! :0))

Iain