FS team is hiring

Just noticed the FS team is hiring. See
http://members.microsoft.com/careers/search/details.aspx?JobID=76eb732a-558e-4746-a367-47e8a54695c8
for more information.

Wayne
12 answers Last reply
More about team hiring

    If this is a new job posting, then anyone care to take an educated guess at
    how long it would take from here to the release date?

    Luke.

    On Wed, 31 Aug 2005 16:57:46 -0600, Wayne Citrin wrote:

    > Just noticed the FS team is hiring. See
    > http://members.microsoft.com/careers/search/details.aspx?JobID=76eb732a-558e-4746-a367-47e8a54695c8
    > for more information.

    The job description jives well with what the Eaglesoft Team learned during
    a two hour session with Susan & Brian while at Oshkosh last month.

    Look here for pictures:
    http://www.eaglesoftdg.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1234

    The next edition of FS will be quite different from what we've seen so
    far... Finally we're going to get a sim that actually USES the awesome
    power of the video card's CPU... ;)

    Bill

    "Luke G"
    > anyone care to take an educated guess at
    > how long it would take from here to the release date?

    "Your initial responsibilities would include owning the weather and visual
    effects subsystems, "

    I guess they don't have someone doing that now? Sounds like a pretty key
    position to me and it's currently vacant?

    I'd say this indicates a setback, so I'll guess 2010. :-)

    Dallas

    > "Your initial responsibilities would include owning the weather and visual
    > effects subsystems, "
    >
    > I guess they don't have someone doing that now? Sounds like a pretty key
    > position to me and it's currently vacant?
    >
    > I'd say this indicates a setback, so I'll guess 2010. :-)

    For all we know, this position could be to develop the weather and visual
    effects subsystems for FS 11...

    Wayne

    On Thu, 01 Sep 2005 01:25:38 GMT, Dallas wrote:

    > I'd say this indicates a setback, so I'll guess 2010. :-)

    That guess will be just as accurate as the last guess you made... ;)

    Bill

    "Wayne Citrin"
    > Just noticed the FS team is hiring. See

    http://members.microsoft.com/careers/search/details.aspx?JobID=76eb732a-558e-4746-a367-47e8a54695c8

    "and a passion for games"

    Oh, great.... they didn't learn anything from Combat Flight Sim III.

    (just kidding)

    Dallas

    I dont think any one person would be working on the s/w - MS are very much
    team orientated so I don't think its an issue which would delay the next
    extravaganza. I blv this has subject has been beaten to death in the past.
    MS will release FS10 when they are good and ready and no doubt it will be a
    quantum leap which will render all our present a/c and scenry redundant not
    to mention our PC's. But then we've been there before haven't we?

    > "Luke G"
    >> anyone care to take an educated guess at
    >> how long it would take from here to the release date?
    >
    > "Your initial responsibilities would include owning the weather and visual
    > effects subsystems, "
    >
    > I guess they don't have someone doing that now? Sounds like a pretty key
    > position to me and it's currently vacant?
    >
    > I'd say this indicates a setback, so I'll guess 2010. :-)
    >
    > Dallas

    >> "Your initial responsibilities would include owning the weather and
    >> visual
    >> effects subsystems, "

    I used to know a guy who owned the weather, but then again he was a
    RAIN-GOD. He didn't like owning it too much and got rid of it on e-bay.

    On Wed, 31 Aug 2005 16:57:46 -0600, "Wayne Citrin" <wcitrin@yahoo.com>
    brought the following to our attention:

    >Just noticed the FS team is hiring. See
    >http://members.microsoft.com/careers/search/details.aspx?JobID=76eb732a-558e-4746-a367-47e8a54695c8
    >for more information.
    >
    >Wayne

    too bad there's no FDE position open!!!!

    * must have experience with Excel SS

    -g

    Hi Bill,

    O.K, I give up - what ARE my Username and Password???

    Regards,
    John Ward

    On Thu, 1 Sep 2005 16:51:04 +1000, John Ward wrote:

    > Hi Bill,
    >
    > O.K, I give up - what ARE my Username and Password???

    Whatever YOU want them to be. It's a fairly simple registration process...
    instant gratification... ;)

    Bill

    "Bill Leaming" <n4gix@comcast.net> wrote in message

    > The next edition of FS will be quite different from what we've seen so
    > far... Finally we're going to get a sim that actually USES the awesome
    > power of the video card's CPU... ;)

    Oh dear! I see a choice coming between high cost or low performance! :-( I
    think I'll stick with FS9 and as Dallas says I've probably got a couple of
    years! :0))

    Iain

Games Microsoft Video Games