Golden Wings (regress FS9 to 1920-1940)

From Bill and Lynn Lyons, the couple who just turned loose all of those
Custom Classics as freeware. Makes me want to give the DC-3 another
try:

Golden Wings for FlightSimulator Fs2004.
http://windrfters.com/

Golden Wings 3 will regress to the extent possible at the moment, a
copy of fs2004 to the golden age of aviation, the period from 1920 to
1940. It will remove some large modern airports and alter the
appearance of the remaining one to look more like they would have
looked in the Golden Age. Modern traffic is replaced with vintage
aircraft with no more worries of running into a 737 while flying your
favorite Dc3 cross country! It is and will always continue to be a
"work in process" as we and other interested simmers share golden age
sceneries, revised AFCAD files and city altering exclude files to
further enhance the golden age flying experience. Many thanks to
Justin Tyme for his generous contribution of US Landclass to the
project! Check out his great products at FSGenesis.net! We use his
mesh exclusively in Golden Wings! Also many thanks to Marcel Aerni for
permission to use his beautiful desert texture in Golden Wings! Other
textures included are all original or modified MS textures

Golden Wings is a work in process! It is not complete and never will be
with all the thousands of airports in Fs2004! We have given you a start
and a place to fly. We hope that many people who love the golden age
will step up to the plate and using easily available freeware programs
make revised AFCAD files and sceneries that further make GW a fun place
to fly. If your local airport still looks to modern fix it and share it
with others! We plan a monthly GW update which will include any AFCAD
files sent to us!

WARNING!

If you are not familiar with using your Windows Explorer program to
copy and move files please do not download this program. We do not want
you to mess up your fs2004 installation and take no responsibility if
you do!

The Golden Wings Conversion Program is 60 megs in size and can be
downloaded from this location.
Tom Constantine has generously volunteered to host the GOLDEN WINGS
FORUM

We hope you enjoy Golden Wings and check back often for updates and new
scenery provided by the Golden Wings Gang and their Friends!

Lynn and Bill Lyons

thanks for the heads up

downloading now

James