Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

how to start a voip company?

Last response: in Networking
Share
Anonymous
March 13, 2005 12:21:53 PM

Archived from groups: comp.dcom.voice-over-ip (More info?)

hi all,
im curious to know how to start a voip company
since ive big hardware (6 clustered server based on p4 with 800 gb shared
disk) and id like to use it for this purpose.
there are some question :
1- many voip company show the price for local calling and int calling (who
decide these prices ? based on which cost ?)
2- it is required to pay telecom for their line ??
3- how the voip company can gives geographical number?

can you write pro and bad starting these companies ?
thank you

More about : start voip company

Anonymous
March 13, 2005 12:21:54 PM

Archived from groups: comp.dcom.voice-over-ip (More info?)

http://www.webvoip.com/
http://www.intraisp.com/
http://www.alepo.com/voip-billing.shtml
http://advancedvoip.com/
http://www.logisense.com/billing_voip.html


Enter "voip billing" into your search engine for hundreds of billing/
management links.


"entropia" <massimiliano@conteduca.net> wrote in message
news:RCTYd.650317$b5.29609516@news3.tin.it...
> hi all,
> im curious to know how to start a voip company
> since ive big hardware (6 clustered server based on p4 with 800 gb shared
> disk) and id like to use it for this purpose.
> there are some question :
> 1- many voip company show the price for local calling and int calling (who
> decide these prices ? based on which cost ?)
> 2- it is required to pay telecom for their line ??
> 3- how the voip company can gives geographical number?
>
> can you write pro and bad starting these companies ?
> thank you
>
>
March 13, 2005 1:47:54 PM

Archived from groups: comp.dcom.voice-over-ip (More info?)

"entropia" <massimiliano@conteduca.net> wrote in message news:<RCTYd.650317$b5.29609516@news3.tin.it>...
> hi all,
> im curious to know how to start a voip company
> since ive big hardware (6 clustered server based on p4 with 800 gb shared
> disk) and id like to use it for this purpose.
> there are some question :
> 1- many voip company show the price for local calling and int calling (who
> decide these prices ? based on which cost ?)
> 2- it is required to pay telecom for their line ??
> 3- how the voip company can gives geographical number?
>
> can you write pro and bad starting these companies ?
> thank you

If you need to ask these questions its not the business for you.
Related resources
Anonymous
March 13, 2005 10:45:27 PM

Archived from groups: comp.dcom.voice-over-ip (More info?)

On 03/13/2005 02:51 PM, entropia wrote:
> hi all,
> im curious to know how to start a voip company
> since ive big hardware (6 clustered server based on p4 with 800 gb shared
> disk) and id like to use it for this purpose.
> there are some question :
> 1- many voip company show the price for local calling and int calling (who
> decide these prices ? based on which cost ?)
> 2- it is required to pay telecom for their line ??
> 3- how the voip company can gives geographical number?
>
> can you write pro and bad starting these companies ?

Hey, that's a technology business, you need to polish your skills and,
or at least basic knowledge on the subject. Try google, and search VoIP
Tutorial, VoIP Books, VoIP Provisioning, VoIP Softswitch and, or Billing
one by one.

--
Dr Balwinder Singh Dheeman Registered Linux User: #229709
CLLO (Chief Linux Learning Officer) Machines: #168573, 170593, 259192
Anu's Linux@HOME Distros: Ubuntu, Fedora, Knoppix
More: http://anu.homelinux.net/~bsd/ Visit: http://counter.li.org/
Anonymous
March 14, 2005 12:01:44 AM

Archived from groups: comp.dcom.voice-over-ip (More info?)

google@bathfordhill.co.uk (Ian) wrote in news:eaa2ab80.0503131047.25beb560
@posting.google.com:

> If you need to ask these questions its not the business for you.

Everyone starts out by asking questions.

--
Lucas Tam (REMOVEnntp@rogers.com)
Please delete "REMOVE" from the e-mail address when replying.
http://members.ebay.com/aboutme/coolspot18/
Anonymous
March 15, 2005 3:17:39 AM

Archived from groups: comp.dcom.voice-over-ip (More info?)

"Lucas Tam" <REMOVEnntp@rogers.com> wrote in message
news:Xns9618A37B9A1Bnntprogerscom@127.0.0.1...
> google@bathfordhill.co.uk (Ian) wrote in news:eaa2ab80.0503131047.25beb560
> @posting.google.com:
>
>> If you need to ask these questions its not the business for you.
>
> Everyone starts out by asking questions.
>

And you know what, asking those questions *now* isn't that bad. The way I
see it, voip is VERY young and has a LOT of growing to do. In a year or
two, people might have become sick of the problems that current voip
providers have and be ready for a new provider. Who will that next provider
be? Maybe that guy who is asking questions. Then again, maybe the voip
providers of today will be polished masterpieces in a year or two leaving no
room for anybody else.

--Dan
!