how to start a voip company?

hi all,
im curious to know how to start a voip company
since ive big hardware (6 clustered server based on p4 with 800 gb shared
disk) and id like to use it for this purpose.
there are some question :
1- many voip company show the price for local calling and int calling (who
decide these prices ? based on which cost ?)
2- it is required to pay telecom for their line ??
3- how the voip company can gives geographical number?

can you write pro and bad starting these companies ?
thank you
5 answers Last reply
More about start voip company

    http://www.webvoip.com/
    http://www.intraisp.com/
    http://www.alepo.com/voip-billing.shtml
    http://advancedvoip.com/
    http://www.logisense.com/billing_voip.html

    Enter "voip billing" into your search engine for hundreds of billing/
    management links.

    "entropia" <massimiliano@conteduca.net> wrote in message
    > hi all,
    > im curious to know how to start a voip company
    > since ive big hardware (6 clustered server based on p4 with 800 gb shared
    > disk) and id like to use it for this purpose.
    > there are some question :
    > 1- many voip company show the price for local calling and int calling (who
    > decide these prices ? based on which cost ?)
    > 2- it is required to pay telecom for their line ??
    > 3- how the voip company can gives geographical number?
    >
    > can you write pro and bad starting these companies ?
    > thank you

    "entropia" <massimiliano@conteduca.net> wrote in message news:<RCTYd.650317$b5.29609516@news3.tin.it>...
    > hi all,
    > im curious to know how to start a voip company
    > since ive big hardware (6 clustered server based on p4 with 800 gb shared
    > disk) and id like to use it for this purpose.
    > there are some question :
    > 1- many voip company show the price for local calling and int calling (who
    > decide these prices ? based on which cost ?)
    > 2- it is required to pay telecom for their line ??
    > 3- how the voip company can gives geographical number?
    >
    > can you write pro and bad starting these companies ?
    > thank you

    If you need to ask these questions its not the business for you.

    On 03/13/2005 02:51 PM, entropia wrote:
    > hi all,
    > im curious to know how to start a voip company
    > since ive big hardware (6 clustered server based on p4 with 800 gb shared
    > disk) and id like to use it for this purpose.
    > there are some question :
    > 1- many voip company show the price for local calling and int calling (who
    > decide these prices ? based on which cost ?)
    > 2- it is required to pay telecom for their line ??
    > 3- how the voip company can gives geographical number?
    >
    > can you write pro and bad starting these companies ?

    Hey, that's a technology business, you need to polish your skills and,
    or at least basic knowledge on the subject. Try google, and search VoIP
    Tutorial, VoIP Books, VoIP Provisioning, VoIP Softswitch and, or Billing
    one by one.

    --
    Dr Balwinder Singh Dheeman Registered Linux User: #229709
    CLLO (Chief Linux Learning Officer) Machines: #168573, 170593, 259192

    google@bathfordhill.co.uk (Ian) wrote in news:eaa2ab80.0503131047.25beb560
    @posting.google.com:

    > If you need to ask these questions its not the business for you.

    Everyone starts out by asking questions.

    --
    Lucas Tam (REMOVEnntp@rogers.com)
  5. Archived from groups: comp.dcom.voice-over-ip (More info?)

    "Lucas Tam" <REMOVEnntp@rogers.com> wrote in message
    > google@bathfordhill.co.uk (Ian) wrote in news:eaa2ab80.0503131047.25beb560
    > @posting.google.com:
    >
    >> If you need to ask these questions its not the business for you.
    >
    > Everyone starts out by asking questions.

    And you know what, asking those questions *now* isn't that bad. The way I
    see it, voip is VERY young and has a LOT of growing to do. In a year or
    two, people might have become sick of the problems that current voip
    providers have and be ready for a new provider. Who will that next provider
    be? Maybe that guy who is asking questions. Then again, maybe the voip
    providers of today will be polished masterpieces in a year or two leaving no
    room for anybody else.

    --Dan

VPN VoIP Networking Product