Which of these two is the best gaming mouse?

Which do you think is best best gaming mouse?

• A4 Tech X-750F

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Logitech MX1000

Votes: 8 34.8%
  • Other (post in the thread)

Votes: 14 60.9%

• Total voters

Reiyu

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2006
I was thinking of getting one of these two mouses for better gaming because the one I have right now only has two bottons and the scroll ... id like a mouse that had extra bottons so i could control shooting, prone, jump, and crouching all with one hand then use right click to zoom/look through gun scopes and left click to shoot

so ive been asking around for feedback to see what people think

which do you guys think would be a better buy ?

A4 Tech X-750F
- Review

or

Logitech MX1000
- Review

or

Some other Mouse (post info on it)

Edit: added reviews ... haveing a hard time decideing lol

kda

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2004
I had the MX1000 and it was certainly OK, but I really like my G5 a lot better. Or if you want cordless, I think the G7 is the same mouse without a cord but I understand batter life isn't all that good on the G7.

The G5 has a "braided" cover on the cord that makes it much less prone to "drag". And the "on the fly" quickly adjustable resolution is pretty nice also.

At first I pooh poohed the adjustable weight feature ... until I tried it. That is nice also. And the wheel tilts Left and Right and can be assigned (I have mine set to Copy selected when tilted left and Paste when tilted right.

the 3 click on the a4 is funny..... Boom Boom Boom Head Head Head Shot Shot Shot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

but logitech all the way

IMO wireless mice are "ok" as long as they arent old microsoft(did not try the new ones) and dont use blue tooth..... i think thats the worst... had the MX1000 for blue tooth and what a pile of crap....it lagged(there's lots of wifi in the area.....2 ap's in my house and others in range...maybe its that....) sooooo bad.....sticking with my mx 700 till i find something better....and i like the elite keyboard i got with it too....

for a sure thing the G5 should be good......

kda

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2004
Like you, I had the MX700 and the MX1000. I liked the MX700 quite a bit better than the MX 1000 and after the MX1000 gave out on me, I had "fallen back" to using the MX700 ... then I discovered the G5 and I knew my search was over.

Reiyu

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2006
thanks for the feedback guys, one question I have about the G5 tho, I notice the side only has 1 botton instead of 3 like the MX1000 can you still assign 3 functions (up/middle/down) to that 1 botton or does it work like 2 bottons (up/down) ?

L23-7046-callout.jpg

kda

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2004
The single side button takes a single assignment. You could likely set the tilt wheel (L & R) to do the other two moves however. You'd just have to learn a new "routine". Like I say, I use the tilt wheel to copy and paste on mine.

michaelahess

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2006
Strange to see so many bad recommendations for the mx1000, I like it almost as much as my mx518 and mx500. Never notice lag as long as you tweek the laser timeout and I can play from my couch :)

Reiyu

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2006
Got the G7. No other option for me.

The G5 and G7 are the same mouse just wireless or coorded, I see no reason to pay $65 for a mouse that only offers 1 more botton then a standard 2 botton mouse with a scroller that cost $10 or less just because it has a "laser"

what im looking for is something thats good for real gamers that I could control my crouching/proneing/jumping with the exta bottons then use left click to shoot, the mouse wheel to cycle weapons, and the right mouse botton to zoom in and out

michaelahess

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2006
In my opinion you wouldn't like that as much, pressing other buttons to crouch and such will throw off your balance as you mouse around, never tried though, but I just might have to. I love the side buttons for web browsing and the tilt scroll, but the way you move your hand, I dunno, just doesn't seem right.

kyman73

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2006
go for the MX518 if you want some more mouse buttons, 2 side buttons that you can assing ingame, you can scroll forward / back while webrowsing + much more.

TSIllusion

Distinguished
May 13, 2006
TOp mouse: razer

Overpriced: Logitech mouse... I rather have G5 than G7

dont get wireless mouses, they are bad for gaming... wen you use for a while, esp with the qualities these mouses come in, they start to give you a spiral every once in a while,

this means the mouse pointer starts spinning like a bytch cause the signal went rong.

im using an A4 Tech x-710, and im not complaining, its cheap/convienent and it works!

also comes with two buttons i can custom in, and dpi changer...

ie in a fps situation:
400 dpi for normal screening and open playing
600 dpi for open play to quick games... cs, shoot with this
800 dpi for SNIPING... crazy fast scrolls
1000 dpi... havent used yet

michaelahess

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2006
I must disagree, my mx1000, got it in the mx5000 pack, is bluetooth and I've never had a glitch, hundreds of hours between oblivion and guild wars, not a problem at all.

carpcmelee

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2006
The logitech MX518 is an awesome mouse. I'd take that over the two you're looking at, and it's the mouse I use.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16826104178
i second that, but wy is nobody mentioning the razer copperhead and diamondback?

crazywheels

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2006
the g7 is the greates nouse that money can buy. zero lag never had a problem, the battery life isn't the best but you get 2 ion betteries, and it only takes 3 hours to charge and you can definately use the mouse for over 3 hours before it runs out and in that time the other battery is charged.

Gegitech

Distinguished
May 5, 2006
I would go for a a razer krait or copperhead, I have a diamondback plasma myself and I love it. It uses IR light which is kind of cool to.