alright this is strange

ok my mother board is an abit kv-7 and runs flawless exept one thing.....the Northbridge fan refuses to spin im not having ne prblems with it yet but i dont want ne what should i do its past the 90 day warranty and i got it from newegg last summer around augest for my B-day what could i do to fix it?
aany help would be nice
also while i have a post up what is a safe temp for a north bridge ne way ?
6 answers Last reply
More about alright strange
  1. you got it last summer?
    It probably burned out...

try and take it off and see whats underneath, maybe you can buy a small fan and mount it on there somehow.

I see that it is circular, but it probably wouldn't be that hard to attach a square one with some zipties or something.

I have an asus mobo, and my northbridge doesn't even have a fan. it runs at 55 full load.

Good luck!
  2. i would recomend changing it to a nice fanless solution...

Zalman Passive NB cooler

it will make life easy...fix it once... and good to go forever(untill u upgrade....or get a new pc.....)

If u still want a fan...Vantec has some that are similar to the stock one u have now....but with a working fan :)

hope this helps....
  3. Quote:
    ok my mother board is an abit kv-7 and runs flawless exept one thing.....the Northbridge fan refuses to spin im not having ne prblems with it yet but i dont want ne what should i do its past the 90 day warranty and i got it from newegg last summer around augest for my B-day what could i do to fix it?
    aany help would be nice
    also while i have a post up what is a safe temp for a north bridge ne way ?
    9-10 months is long enough to accumulate a ton of crud under the fan. Make sure there isn't a boatload of dust underneath the fan. With small
    fans like NB or older video card HS/F's the fans were very thin, as were the
    heatsink, which can fill with dust pretty quickly. May not be the problem, but
    it's worth checking before you panic and buy a new fan. GL :)
  4. alright well im not having ne problems with heat i dont think ne way but would it be a bad idea to clean it and forget about it because i just bought some stuff im down to 30 bucks now for 2 weeks and im kinda worried about heat but it hasnt fried yet so should i be careful and clean it or just forget about it?
  5. ok problem solved i took out my air compressor nd blew the entire case out and heatsinks and everything now so the NB fan works again and man there was alot of dust on the NB but only on the NB there was a little in the GFX card fan and a little in the heatsink on my cpu but other than that it was pretty clean but thx for the suggestion and thx for the help i prolly going to buy that blue NB heatssink though ne way for my next mobo that i hope to buy soon :)
  6. Quote:
    ok problem solved i took out my air compressor nd blew the entire case out and heatsinks and everything now so the NB fan works again and man there was alot of dust on the NB but only on the NB there was a little in the GFX card fan and a little in the heatsink on my cpu but other than that it was pretty clean but thx for the suggestion and thx for the help i prolly going to buy that blue NB heatssink though ne way for my next mobo that i hope to buy soon :)
    Glad to hear you got it fixed. Those puny HS/F's can be a pain, as far as dust collection goes. I have that Zalman Passive HS on mine, so it's not so bad, and only cost me $10 CAD. :wink:
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards Fan Overclocking