Night Scene in the 737NG

Arthur

Pardon my lack of anatomy knowledge of this cockpit, but what are those two
things which look like handles hanging over the windows? Are they handles
for something? If so, what?

Thanks in Advance,
Arthur

"mikepic" <mikepic@insightbb.com> wrote in message
> Taxiing for takeoff at dusk.
>
> I like this plane :)
>
> Mike
>
> http://www.mbm30.org/Mike/737NGDuskKSEA.jpg

GREGORY

On Wed, 31 Aug 2005 23:18:33 -0400, "Arthur" <simmeronlo@rogers.com>
brought the following to our attention:

>Pardon my lack of anatomy knowledge of this cockpit, but what are those two
>things which look like handles hanging over the windows? Are they handles
>for something? If so, what?
>
>Thanks in Advance,

Arthur.. I'd say so.. grab on to em' when climbing in and out.

another new trick? has Mike changed the AI reg #s to `types'?

-G

>"mikepic" <mikepic@insightbb.com> wrote in message
>
>> Taxiing for takeoff at dusk.
>>
>> I like this plane :)
>>
>> Mike
>>
>> http://www.mbm30.org/Mike/737NGDuskKSEA.jpg

Arthur,

They are handles to help you in and out of the cockpit just like on compact
cars ...HA HA HA! Just kidding. After I uploaded the shot i noticed them
too. I'll have to take a look. They are not on any checlist.

Mike
"Arthur" <simmeronlo@rogers.com> wrote in message
> Pardon my lack of anatomy knowledge of this cockpit, but what are those
> two things which look like handles hanging over the windows? Are they
> handles for something? If so, what?
>
> Thanks in Advance,
> Arthur
>

> "mikepic" <mikepic@insightbb.com> wrote in message
>> Taxiing for takeoff at dusk.
>>
>> I like this plane :)
>>
>> Mike
>>
>> http://www.mbm30.org/Mike/737NGDuskKSEA.jpg

I'm working on that Gregory :)
Mike
"Gregory" <flightsim.maps@bkwds.comcast.net> wrote in message
> On Wed, 31 Aug 2005 23:18:33 -0400, "Arthur" <simmeronlo@rogers.com>
> brought the following to our attention:
>
>>Pardon my lack of anatomy knowledge of this cockpit, but what are those
>>two
>>things which look like handles hanging over the windows? Are they handles
>>for something? If so, what?
>>
>>Thanks in Advance,
>>

> Arthur.. I'd say so.. grab on to em' when climbing in and out.
>
> another new trick? has Mike changed the AI reg #s to `types'?
>
> -G
>

>>"mikepic" <mikepic@insightbb.com> wrote in message
>>
>>> Taxiing for takeoff at dusk.
>>>
>>> I like this plane :)
>>>
>>> Mike
>>>
>>> http://www.mbm30.org/Mike/737NGDuskKSEA.jpg

GREGORY

it looked like a good idea.. thought by editing ATC id line in
Aircraft.cfg would change label.. but apparently it's in traffic.bgl

if so.. wonder how aiview.dll would display LONG reg tags?

-G

On Thu, 01 Sep 2005 11:07:53 GMT, "mikepic" <mikepic@insightbb.com>
brought the following to our attention:

>I'm working on that Gregory :)
>Mike
>
>"Gregory" <flightsim.maps@bkwds.comcast.net> wrote in message
>
>> On Wed, 31 Aug 2005 23:18:33 -0400, "Arthur" <simmeronlo@rogers.com>
>> brought the following to our attention:
>>
>>>Pardon my lack of anatomy knowledge of this cockpit, but what are those two
>>>things which look like handles hanging over the windows? Are they handles
>>>for something? If so, what?
>>>
>>>Thanks in Advance,
>>>

>> Arthur.. I'd say so.. grab on to em' when climbing in and out.
>>
>> another new trick? has Mike changed the AI reg #s to `types'?
>>
>> -G

Would they be for the pilot/co-pilot to hold whilst moving their seat
forward into position so they dont have to pull on the yoke (or whatever its
called on a Boeing). or any other panel

Ibby

> Arthur,
>
> They are handles to help you in and out of the cockpit just like on
> compact cars ...HA HA HA! Just kidding. After I uploaded the shot i
> noticed them too. I'll have to take a look. They are not on any
> checlist.
>
> Mike
> "Arthur" <simmeronlo@rogers.com> wrote in message
>> Pardon my lack of anatomy knowledge of this cockpit, but what are those
>> two things which look like handles hanging over the windows? Are they
>> handles for something? If so, what?
>>
>> Thanks in Advance,
>> Arthur
>>

>> "mikepic" <mikepic@insightbb.com> wrote in message
>>> Taxiing for takeoff at dusk.
>>>
>>> I like this plane :)
>>>
>>> Mike
>>>
>>> http://www.mbm30.org/Mike/737NGDuskKSEA.jpg

GREGORY

On Thu, 1 Sep 2005 12:44:34 +0000 (UTC), "Ibby \(The Artist Formerly
Known as Chris\)" <chris@mwapartnershipNOSPAM.co.uk> brought the
following to our attention:

>Would they be for the pilot/co-pilot to hold whilst moving their seat
>forward into position so they dont have to pull on the yoke (or whatever
>its called on a Boeing). or any other panel
>
>Ibby

what.. no electric seats??
the handles.. they're for climbing in and out of the `office'!!

-G

Ibby (The Artist Formerly Known as Chris) wrote:
> Would they be for the pilot/co-pilot to hold whilst moving their
> seat forward into position so they dont have to pull on the yoke
> (or whatever its called on a Boeing). or any other panel

I think there for hanging one of those
pine tree shaped air fresheners. Or
maybe a dream catcher or CD or
roach clip.

Lumpy

That's probably the REAL reason , Ibby. Makes sense. It has been fun to
come up with those other reasons, however.
Mike
<chris@mwapartnershipNOSPAM.co.uk> wrote in message
> Would they be for the pilot/co-pilot to hold whilst moving their seat
> forward into position so they dont have to pull on the yoke (or whatever
> its called on a Boeing). or any other panel
>
> Ibby
>
> "mikepic" <mikepic@insightbb.com> wrote in message
>> Arthur,
>>
>> They are handles to help you in and out of the cockpit just like on
>> compact cars ...HA HA HA! Just kidding. After I uploaded the shot i
>> noticed them too. I'll have to take a look. They are not on any
>> checlist.
>>
>> Mike
>> "Arthur" <simmeronlo@rogers.com> wrote in message
>>> Pardon my lack of anatomy knowledge of this cockpit, but what are those
>>> two things which look like handles hanging over the windows? Are they
>>> handles for something? If so, what?
>>>
>>> Thanks in Advance,
>>> Arthur
>>>

>>> "mikepic" <mikepic@insightbb.com> wrote in message

Sorry, I should have let the jokes carry on for a while.
Amangil I'm sure will be trying to find out what key is assigned to them to
prevent the aircraft from stalling or even to help him find the localiser.
It looks like a little window so he could stand up and align his line of
sight through it so as to see the runway ahead. The 'heads up display' will
then appear within this view enabling him to safely descend the aircraft.

Ibby

> That's probably the REAL reason , Ibby. Makes sense. It has been fun to
> come up with those other reasons, however.
> Mike
> "Ibby (The Artist Formerly Known as Chris)"
> <chris@mwapartnershipNOSPAM.co.uk> wrote in message
>> Would they be for the pilot/co-pilot to hold whilst moving their seat
>> forward into position so they dont have to pull on the yoke (or whatever
>> its called on a Boeing). or any other panel
>>
>> Ibby
>>
>> "mikepic" <mikepic@insightbb.com> wrote in message
>>> Arthur,
>>>
>>> They are handles to help you in and out of the cockpit just like on
>>> compact cars ...HA HA HA! Just kidding. After I uploaded the shot i
>>> noticed them too. I'll have to take a look. They are not on any
>>> checlist.
>>>
>>> Mike
>>> "Arthur" <simmeronlo@rogers.com> wrote in message

Well, without kidding: They are handles! If you had ever wrapped yourself a
few thousand times into a cockpit seat, you would certainly acknowledge
their helpfulness..... :)
--
Oskar Wagner
(retired Captain)

Remember, in the great scheme of things, we're all small potatoes....

<chris@mwapartnershipNOSPAM.co.uk> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Would they be for the pilot/co-pilot to hold whilst moving their seat
> forward into position so they dont have to pull on the yoke (or whatever
> its called on a Boeing). or any other panel
>
> Ibby
>
> "mikepic" <mikepic@insightbb.com> wrote in message
>> Arthur,
>>
>> They are handles to help you in and out of the cockpit just like on
>> compact cars ...HA HA HA! Just kidding. After I uploaded the shot i
>> noticed them too. I'll have to take a look. They are not on any
>> checlist.
>>
>> Mike
>> "Arthur" <simmeronlo@rogers.com> wrote in message
>>> Pardon my lack of anatomy knowledge of this cockpit, but what are those
>>> two things which look like handles hanging over the windows? Are they
>>> handles for something? If so, what?
>>>
>>> Thanks in Advance,
>>> Arthur
>>>

>>> "mikepic" <mikepic@insightbb.com> wrote in message

Oh, I would think they are exactly that and I'm sure you know, Oskar.

I just got back from Maine on a car trip and the Elantra had handles above
the door and I used them every time I got in and out of the car.

It has been fun joking about it, however. We are a creative group, eh?
Maybe a bit crazy too!

Mike
"Oskar Wagner" <rengaw@swissonline.ch> wrote in message
> Well, without kidding: They are handles! If you had ever wrapped yourself
> a few thousand times into a cockpit seat, you would certainly acknowledge
> their helpfulness..... :)
> --
> Oskar Wagner
> (retired Captain)
>
> Remember, in the great scheme of things, we're all small potatoes....
>
> "Ibby (The Artist Formerly Known as Chris)"
> <chris@mwapartnershipNOSPAM.co.uk> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>> Would they be for the pilot/co-pilot to hold whilst moving their seat
>> forward into position so they dont have to pull on the yoke (or whatever
>> its called on a Boeing). or any other panel
>>
>> Ibby
>>
>> "mikepic" <mikepic@insightbb.com> wrote in message
>>> Arthur,
>>>
>>> They are handles to help you in and out of the cockpit just like on
>>> compact cars ...HA HA HA! Just kidding. After I uploaded the shot i
>>> noticed them too. I'll have to take a look. They are not on any
>>> checlist.
>>>
>>> Mike
>>> "Arthur" <simmeronlo@rogers.com> wrote in message

Hey,

Is this the same 737 that comes with FS9? The cockpit looks a little
different.

Luke.

"mikepic" <mikepic@insightbb.com> wrote in message
> Taxiing for takeoff at dusk.
>
> I like this plane :)
>
> Mike
>
> http://www.mbm30.org/Mike/737NGDuskKSEA.jpg

nm,

found it on precisionmanuals.com

Luke

"Luke G" <send@to.newsgroup> wrote in message
> Hey,
>
> Is this the same 737 that comes with FS9? The cockpit looks a little
> different.
>
> Luke.
>

> "mikepic" <mikepic@insightbb.com> wrote in message
>> Taxiing for takeoff at dusk.
>>
>> I like this plane :)
>>
>> Mike
>>
>> http://www.mbm30.org/Mike/737NGDuskKSEA.jpg

Hmm, we'll have to try it?

> it looked like a good idea.. thought by editing ATC id line in
> Aircraft.cfg would change label.. but apparently it's in traffic.bgl
>
> if so.. wonder how aiview.dll would display LONG reg tags?
>
> -G
>
> On Thu, 01 Sep 2005 11:07:53 GMT, "mikepic" <mikepic@insightbb.com>
> brought the following to our attention:
>>
>>I'm working on that Gregory :)
>>Mike
>>
>>"Gregory" <flightsim.maps@bkwds.comcast.net> wrote in message
>>
>>> On Wed, 31 Aug 2005 23:18:33 -0400, "Arthur" <simmeronlo@rogers.com>
>>> brought the following to our attention:

>>> Arthur.. I'd say so.. grab on to em' when climbing in and out.
>>>
>>> another new trick? has Mike changed the AI reg #s to `types'?
>>>
>>> -G

HA HA HA! Let's hope he takes the bait!
Mike
> Sorry, I should have let the jokes carry on for a while.
> Amangil I'm sure will be trying to find out what key is assigned to them
> to prevent the aircraft from stalling or even to help him find the
> localiser. It looks like a little window so he could stand up and align
> his line of sight through it so as to see the runway ahead. The 'heads up
> display' will then appear within this view enabling him to safely descend
> the aircraft.
>
> Ibby
>
> "mikepic" <mikepic@insightbb.com> wrote in message
>> That's probably the REAL reason , Ibby. Makes sense. It has been fun to
>> come up with those other reasons, however.
>> Mike
>> "Ibby (The Artist Formerly Known as Chris)"
>> <chris@mwapartnershipNOSPAM.co.uk> wrote in message
>>> Would they be for the pilot/co-pilot to hold whilst moving their seat
>>> forward into position so they dont have to pull on the yoke (or whatever
>>> its called on a Boeing). or any other panel
>>>
>>> Ibby
>>>
>>> "mikepic" <mikepic@insightbb.com> wrote in message

FMC's take precedence over OS bars, buddt :)
> On Thu, 1 Sep 2005 12:44:34 +0000 (UTC), "Ibby \(The Artist Formerly
> Known as Chris\)" <chris@mwapartnershipNOSPAM.co.uk> brought the
> following to our attention:
>
>>Would they be for the pilot/co-pilot to hold whilst moving their seat
>>forward into position so they dont have to pull on the yoke (or whatever
>>its called on a Boeing). or any other panel
>>
>>Ibby
>
> what.. no electric seats??
> the handles.. they're for climbing in and out of the `office'!!
>
> -G

Nope, It is the PMDG version.

http://www.precisionmanuals.com/

Go lots of neat switches you activate on the overhead panel. I'll try to
get you a screenshot of the overhead. Sounds are cool too. Gee, I wish
there was a way to video capture this stuff to a DVD or H8 video.
Mike
"Luke G" <send@to.newsgroup> wrote in message
> Hey,
>
> Is this the same 737 that comes with FS9? The cockpit looks a little
> different.
>
> Luke.
>

> "mikepic" <mikepic@insightbb.com> wrote in message
>> Taxiing for takeoff at dusk.
>>
>> I like this plane :)
>>
>> Mike
>>
>> http://www.mbm30.org/Mike/737NGDuskKSEA.jpg

Chris

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2003

They are there to hang the fluffy dice from! Can't have a 'Fully sic' 747NG
without the dice!
Chris

--
I'm not always right,
But I'm never wrong!
"mikepic" <mikepic@insightbb.com> wrote in message
> Arthur,
>
> They are handles to help you in and out of the cockpit just like on
> compact cars ...HA HA HA! Just kidding. After I uploaded the shot i
> noticed them too. I'll have to take a look. They are not on any
> checlist.
>
> Mike
> "Arthur" <simmeronlo@rogers.com> wrote in message
>> Pardon my lack of anatomy knowledge of this cockpit, but what are those
>> two things which look like handles hanging over the windows? Are they
>> handles for something? If so, what?
>>
>> Thanks in Advance,
>> Arthur
>>

>> "mikepic" <mikepic@insightbb.com> wrote in message
>>> Taxiing for takeoff at dusk.
>>>
>>> I like this plane :)
>>>
>>> Mike
>>>
>>> http://www.mbm30.org/Mike/737NGDuskKSEA.jpg

Gives ya that warm, fuzzy feeling doesn't it?

"Chris" <me@there.com.au> wrote in message
> They are there to hang the fluffy dice from! Can't have a 'Fully sic'
> 747NG without the dice!
> Chris
>
> --
> I'm not always right,
> But I'm never wrong!
> "mikepic" <mikepic@insightbb.com> wrote in message
>> Arthur,
>>
>> They are handles to help you in and out of the cockpit just like on
>> compact cars ...HA HA HA! Just kidding. After I uploaded the shot i
>> noticed them too. I'll have to take a look. They are not on any
>> checlist.
>>
>> Mike
>> "Arthur" <simmeronlo@rogers.com> wrote in message
>>> Pardon my lack of anatomy knowledge of this cockpit, but what are those
>>> two things which look like handles hanging over the windows? Are they
>>> handles for something? If so, what?
>>>
>>> Thanks in Advance,
>>> Arthur
>>>

>>> "mikepic" <mikepic@insightbb.com> wrote in message