XP RECYCLER Folder

September 24, 2004 4:22:19 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

There is a folder in my C drive called recycler, not recycle.
It has over 1Gb.
Is it fine to delete the contents of the folder?
I can't see the files

More about : recycler folder

Anonymous
September 24, 2004 4:22:20 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

Hi,

The Recycler is the Recycle bin associated with the currently logged on
user, you can safely delete the contents.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Chris S" <this_a_fake@plus.net> wrote in message
> There is a folder in my C drive called recycler, not recycle.
> It has over 1Gb.
> Is it fine to delete the contents of the folder?
> I can't see the files

Anonymous
September 25, 2004 2:50:49 AM

Chris S wrote:

>There is a folder in my C drive called recycler, not recycle.
>It has over 1Gb.
>Is it fine to delete the contents of the folder?

That is the Recycle Bin on a NTFS drive. It contains a folder for each
user, holding files deleted by that user. Handle it through the Bin
mechanism - you will need to empty it from a logon of each user that has
deleted files