XP RECYCLER Folder

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

There is a folder in my C drive called recycler, not recycle.
It has over 1Gb.
Is it fine to delete the contents of the folder?
I can't see the files
2 answers Last reply
More about recycler folder
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

    Hi,

    The Recycler is the Recycle bin associated with the currently logged on
    user, you can safely delete the contents.

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    Chris S wrote:

    >There is a folder in my C drive called recycler, not recycle.
    >It has over 1Gb.
    >Is it fine to delete the contents of the folder?

    That is the Recycle Bin on a NTFS drive. It contains a folder for each
    user, holding files deleted by that user. Handle it through the Bin
    mechanism - you will need to empty it from a logon of each user that has
    deleted files

Support Microsoft Windows XP