Which of these two laptops is the best?

sepulturick

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2006
Hi guys, this is my first post so be gentle.

I recently bought myself a fujitsu siemens amilo pi 1505 laptop computer. As it turns out my dad has gone and bought me a Dell Inspiron 1501 tL50 laptop for christmas not knowing i have already recently purchased one!! Now i have to choose between the two.

The specs for each are as follows:

Fujitsu Siemens pi 1505 -

Intel centrino duo processor 1.60ghz
512mb ram
60gb hard drive
15.4” TFT LCD crystal view 1280x800
PCI graphic card
Intel® Graphic Media Accelerator 950
DVD burner, multi card reader, wireless capabilites etc
Vista capable

Dell Inspiron 1501 TL50 -

AMD Turion 64 x2 mobile processor 1.60ghz
1gb ram dual channel
80gb hard drive
15.4" Wide Screen XGA TFT Display: 1280x800
ATI Radeon® Xpress 1150 256MB HyperMemory
DVD burner, multi card reader, wireless capabilities etc
Vista capable

So there you have it, which of these would you guys say is the best machine? I will be using it mostly for college work/ univeristy studies as well as a lot of web browsing. Would be nice to play some games now and then, especially world of warcraft but this isn't essential!

one word replies really dont do any justice when desiding which 1000$ laptop to take back.

Dell has the beter warrenty, and the greater amount of memory will help it run beter. Both video cards are about equal, and other then hdd space, they will operate about the same. I like alot of what Fujitsu has made in the past, as well as how their laptops look.

In the end, I would still chose the Dell.

see all that babbling:

just be short, sweet, and to the point...

btw, he just asked which one is better; he didnt ask for a thesis.

now if he had said: "Hey Guys, Which one is better and WHY?"

then, yes more than and few words is warranted.

Have a nice day,
:p :twisted:

And you take offence to me offering more information the one word? Ah, and I can see where 2 lines of text would be considered a thesis or dissertation.

Ya ok.

Have a nice day.

g-paw

Splendid
Jan 31, 2006
My wife has the 1501 and it works well. The on-line "chat" support is pretty good. If possible, get it with the Windows disk rather than the Recovery disk. That way you can format it when you get it to get rid of all the junk ware all mfg put on their machines and do a fresh install of Windows. You can get an update that will turn off the mouse pad if you use a external mouse, which is nice because you don't have to watch accidentally hit the pad when your using the keyboard, more of a problem for me than my wife.

kamikaze27

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2007
Hi guys, this is my first post so be gentle.

I recently bought myself a fujitsu siemens amilo pi 1505 laptop computer. As it turns out my dad has gone and bought me a Dell Inspiron 1501 tL50 laptop for christmas not knowing i have already recently purchased one!! Now i have to choose between the two.

The specs for each are as follows:

Fujitsu Siemens pi 1505 -

Intel centrino duo processor 1.60ghz
512mb ram
60gb hard drive
15.4” TFT LCD crystal view 1280x800
PCI graphic card
Intel® Graphic Media Accelerator 950
DVD burner, multi card reader, wireless capabilites etc
Vista capable

Dell Inspiron 1501 TL50 -

AMD Turion 64 x2 mobile processor 1.60ghz
1gb ram dual channel
80gb hard drive
15.4" Wide Screen XGA TFT Display: 1280x800
ATI Radeon® Xpress 1150 256MB HyperMemory
DVD burner, multi card reader, wireless capabilities etc
Vista capable

So there you have it, which of these would you guys say is the best machine? I will be using it mostly for college work/ univeristy studies as well as a lot of web browsing. Would be nice to play some games now and then, especially world of warcraft but this isn't essential!

Dude, spec for spec the Dell is the better one to go for. I've had many dells, only prob is that some of them, especially the ones with dedicated vga cards, overheat when you play games.
So get the dell, and get some good cooling. besides, it has more RAM and HDD space. WoW would be a bit sad on intel graphics.