szopen

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2006
I have 2xTwinMOS 256MB CL2,5 400MHz (unfortunately D series) on ASUS A8N SLI DELUX mobo. [http://matrix.inten.pl/~szopen/cpuz.htm] It's high time to buy so more RAM I thought. But I couldn't find TwinMOS in my hometown (Lublin, Poland). So I've borrowed 2 pairs of ram from my friend [new, not used]:

• [*:d2c66686b4]KHX3200A/512: CL2 [Kingston Hyper, with cool blue radiators :)];
    [*:d2c66686b4]KVR400X64C25/512 VL 2,5 ["normal" Kingston].

I've tested this separately. First: Kingston CL2. But it has CL2 @ 166 so I wasn't happy. Moreover It would not work (I think) with my TwinMOS CL2,5. But surprisingly after some tests [SisoftSandra, PCMark, PerformanceTest] TwinMOS turned to be faster!
    Next, I plugged in Kingston CL2,5. BIOS has detected it as 400 MHz and it have beaten my old TwinMOS in tests. So I’ve added TwinMOS... and -- BIOS showed 333MHz! cupz told: CL2,5 3-3-7 [my mos used to work at CL2,5 3-3-8] and lowered frequency. I've adjusted parameters manually [http://matrix.inten.pl/~szopen/cpuz_ram.htm]. Now, I'm testing stability of the system.
    But my memory bandwidth has lowered by 1,5% (excluding Large Memory Block test). Is this decrease in performance, after adding new RAM, normal? Has anyone encountered similar problem?

cpuz shows that Kingston CL2,5 should work @ CL2...
    kingstonCL25.png

I don’t know what to do. The lost in transfer is rather insignificant, but I would prefer increase in bandwidth...

Any suggestions?
    /sorry for my English/

olgraybeard

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2006
Wish I could help you, but as my sig tells you, not knowledgable enough.

However, do not applogize for your use of English.

I, being a typical American, I speak english, and I speak...... ahhh, well, I speak English. If I where to try and write using Polish, not only would you not know what I was saying, neither would I. This applies for about any other language one might want to mention.

I am pleased and honored so many people are willing to learn my language so I might learn from them and want to thank all of them. As for learning another language, I have tried, and evidently, I am either too old or do not have the temperment to make myself learn another language.

Hope you get an answer to your memory issues