Sign in with
Your question

debate-what do you say about multicore GPUs?

Last response: in CPUs
June 11, 2006 1:31:00 PM

now i want to make it clear that this is a debate,so i dont wont u tain up space with any crap other than this topic.

in 3 days ill count the no. of votes for and against multicore gpus, and according to the results, we will decide what the final decision is.

i say it would be wise to develop multicore GPUs, and although some of u guys mights say GPUs have a lot of pipelines bla bla bla, i have an explanation.

now i think some of u might know that cell can process graphics. if u dont then go to this link - http://www.answers.com/topic/cell-chip

and read the 'Architecture compared" part.
getting back to the point, cell is multicore and can handle graphics, so why dont u think that a multicore GPU cant do the same.

plz post, i want to get a conclusive answer to this topic

thanx

More about : debate multicore gpus

June 11, 2006 10:08:39 PM

Have you ever noticed that you are absolutely obsessed w/ cell?
June 11, 2006 10:11:16 PM

Has he noticed that this is the CPU forum?
Related resources
June 11, 2006 10:12:22 PM

Clicked on this guy's profile; he's made more threads than half of the Malaysian Textile Industry!
June 11, 2006 10:13:19 PM

Also, you have posted on 33 different threads. You have been the author of 30 of them. Why don't you see what other people have to say a little more often than you do right now? As it stands, 90% of your posts are on topics you started. Kinda vain, don't you think?
June 11, 2006 10:16:30 PM

Quote:
in 3 days ill count the no. of votes for and against multicore gpus, and according to the results, we will decide what the final decision is.

You do know that when you start a new thread you have an option of including a poll, don't you? One would surmise that someone who starts so many topics would have figured that out by now...
June 11, 2006 10:26:03 PM

Quote:
Clicked on this guy's profile; he's made more threads than half of the Malaysian Textile Industry!
:lol:  That came out of nowhere :lol:  bravo here this is for you shingami :trophy:
June 11, 2006 10:29:40 PM

ALL GPUS ARE MULTICORE YOU FOOL.

By the way, the Cell processor sucks; I'd rather have a Netburst P4.
June 11, 2006 10:39:51 PM

Quote:

Cool. I think by that time we'll know for sure if we want more threads from you.

In the mean time, I guess I'll vote: Yes.... Either multicore GPU's, or no more threads by you. You decide. :p 
June 11, 2006 11:12:33 PM

Quote:

Prescott or northwood?
June 11, 2006 11:42:02 PM

Prescott :) 
June 11, 2006 11:47:23 PM

Quote:

Prescott or northwood?
Prescott. You get free heating in the winter. :wink:
You Canadians must really like that :lol:  Or you can get a laptop with a Prescott for those times when you want a warm, tingly sensation in your you-know-where. Just be careful, or you'll never have kids :wink:
June 11, 2006 11:49:28 PM

Quote:

Prescott or northwood?
You Canadians must really like that :lol:  Or you can get a laptop with a Prescott for those times when you want a warm, tingly sensation in your you-know-where. Just be careful, or you'll never have kids :wink:

I don't think cooldude has to worry about that.
June 11, 2006 11:55:10 PM

Quote:
:lol:  That came out of nowhere :lol:  bravo here this is for you shingami :trophy:

i agree :trophy: :trophy: :trophy: :trophy: :trophy: :trophy: :trophy: :trophy: :trophy:
June 12, 2006 12:01:21 AM

Quote:

Prescott or northwood?

I don't think cooldude has to worry about that.

You're right. "cool"dude (such an oxymoron) can't even get girls to talk to him, let alone sleep with him. He'll die when he breaks his neck trying to suck his own d!(|<
June 12, 2006 12:06:29 AM

Quote:
Prescott :) 
You are insane!

Quote:

Prescott or northwood?
You Canadians must really like that :lol:  Or you can get a laptop with a Prescott for those times when you want a warm, tingly sensation in your you-know-where. Just be careful, or you'll never have kids :wink: :lol: 

Quote:

Prescott or northwood?

I don't think cooldude has to worry about that. I think his boy's strangled themselves already.
June 12, 2006 12:07:27 AM

Quote:

i agree :trophy: :trophy: :trophy: :trophy: :trophy: :trophy: :trophy: :trophy: :trophy: Thank you. Anyone else?
June 12, 2006 1:05:30 AM

ide rather have good music than a cpu
June 12, 2006 1:10:47 AM

Quote:
ide rather have good music than a cpu
Ok you dirty little sex monkey.
June 12, 2006 1:15:59 AM

every time!!!
June 12, 2006 1:20:39 AM

Quote:
every time!!!
Dirty little sex monkey.
June 12, 2006 6:37:28 AM

Quote:

That's you alright.

They got monkey pr0n in American Scientist ?

I'm speechless...
June 12, 2006 8:02:08 AM

Quote:
now i think some of u might know that cell can process graphics. if u dont then go to this link - http://www.answers.com/topic/cell-chip

Wow, so this is where all your extensive research comes from!

Quote:
and read the 'Architecture compared" part.
getting back to the point, cell is multicore and can handle graphics, so why dont u think that a multicore GPU cant do the same.

Why you don't you compare the size of a cell to say an x1900.

In conclusion: STFU with these stupid threads about cell, multicore cpu and gpu, cell doing graphics and all the other BS you ramble on about.
June 12, 2006 8:05:24 AM

Quote:

That's you alright.

8O
June 12, 2006 8:29:22 AM

Quote:

Prescott or northwood?

The sad thing is, that I actually do that. When it got cold I just turned off the heat in my room and it stayed a perfect 21 degrees C all day every day. Even when it snowed and stuff. Now if there was a way to do the exact opposite, then I could get free A/C in the summer, lol. But yes, prescotts are very handy up here in Canada.

Oh and yes, GPUs are infact multicore.
June 12, 2006 11:08:52 AM

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  Beats me why anyone gave this thread the time of day ????? I don't see any point to it - Just my opinion, of course
June 12, 2006 12:20:18 PM

That pritty funny.
June 12, 2006 3:11:30 PM

Quote:

That's you alright.

Yeah I'm scarred for life...

Quote:

Indeed. Do your research first, please. Google "gpu simd".
!