Sign in with
Your question

High Case Temps Lian-Li V2100

Last response: in Components
June 11, 2006 3:16:19 PM

Ive currently got a Lian-Li V2100 case that seems to have some air flow problems. While the case seems to have decent air exausting capabilities the air intake seems to be less than desirable. There is 1 120mm fan at the bottom of the case that draws air through the bottom of the case and blows over the harddrives but there isnt anything installed in the case that would draw air into the section that houses the hottest components. Im considering cutting into the side of the case to put in an 120mm intake fan but Im wondering if there is another option that could be considered first.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811112054
June 11, 2006 3:23:57 PM

that seems like your best bet. maybe a Slot blower fan may do the trick
June 11, 2006 5:04:49 PM

Are you talking about a PCI slot blower or a Drive bay Blower? I have the PCI exauster, but i cant really find a Drive bay one that does intake only.
Related resources
June 12, 2006 2:22:37 AM

Yep lian li make a pci slot blower! its 120mm but its noizy...

there is another lian li product it converts 3 CD rom bays into a 120mm intake fan......

Try not to cut the lian li becacause if you fark up..... you will probably kill yourself and the metal lian li uses is quite thick
June 12, 2006 3:06:55 AM

Thanks the bay fans seem to be an ideal solution.
June 12, 2006 3:27:22 AM

I'm ordering a modified Lian Li PC-G70B, where I am going to add a 120 mm fan on the side.

Do we have any engineers out there that are into fluid dynamics or whatever its called that studies air flow. If you add another intake, your
exhaust will only do some much, consequently, your intake flow will not double, and may stay the same because of the pressure build up inside the case.

What is the air flow capacity of the fans? They are not all equal.
!