Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Who has Ultimate Terrain USA and is a hardware whiz? :-)

Last response: in Video Games
Share
Anonymous
September 1, 2005 11:13:27 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

Need some advice. I want to get this puppy but I'm going to have to download
it on another computer and transfer the download back home here to install
it on this system. I only have a simple dial up here and from the size of
the DL I'd probably be off line on the group here for the next ten years
while it came in at 56kbs :-) Our office computer has the DSL I need to get
the program downloaded.
Anyway, what I need to know is this. Has anyone else done what I'm going to
do? (download and go to CD's on one computer and install on a second?
I'm going to have to put the program on several CD's to get it back here
from the office.
Once I get it downloaded and on the desktop, I'll only have the built in
burn program that comes with XP to get everything on the disks. I'm assuming
it will take at least two 800 meg CD's (I use Memorex CDRW 800's).
I've never transferred a program to a CD that took more than one disk. Can I
do this with what I have and not corrupt anything during the switch from the
first CD to the second?
When you do this, will the first CD stop at a complete file and tell you to
insert another CD or should I explore the program, and manually select files
that will go on the first CD without splitting up a file?
In other words, I just need a bit of advice as to how this is going to work
and what I need to know to do it right!
Thanks much as always,
Dudley
Anonymous
September 1, 2005 11:13:28 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA256

Hi Dudley,

On Thu, 01 Sep 2005 07:13:27 GMT, you wrote:

> I'm going to have to put the program on several CD's to get it back
> here from the office.

Do both the office and your home computers have DVD burning/reading
drives? If so, the installation .exe, at 1.15 GB, would easily fit
on a single DVD.

- --
Melissa

PGP Public Keys: http://www.freewebs.com/kuviahunnihautik/

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----

iQCVAwUBQxbFLzEYqNTZBqoEAQhZLwQAvDwI2sGXc5LGCOFKN/o/63TI1rHRwKKY
3FOBpz+GWqLmZ/zVvkCbC2RhYcNDNFejEbKEAxhdPajOS3AoJdqw0kmsOcR7Y8P5
fvgSSXz4OLJWVCEAFZAyPAXjMyNnEPG0tDoJ9tLx1Wq0c8W3ikpEecOy5HS1N90+
/gveEjYGp4c=
=QbiW
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
Anonymous
September 1, 2005 1:51:42 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

If there is a chance you could buy or borrow a 1.5Gb or even 2Gb, USB flash
drive (the kind that looks like a small pocket knife) that would be much
easier. I use one all the time for all transfers. I keep it in my pocket!

Sincerely,
Quilljar
Related resources
September 1, 2005 2:13:43 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

"Dudley Henriques"
> Need some advice. I want to get this puppy but I'm going to have to
download
> it on another computer and transfer the download back home here to install
> it on this system.

Someone else may have a better idea, but my immediate thought is WinRAR.

http://www.rarlab.com/

This little program can break a big file into as many parts as you desire.
You burn the parts on to your CDs. Then when you get it home copy all the
parts into a directory and execute the 1st file and it will reassemble all
the parts back into one.

As our Brit friends might say, it works a treat. I've used this dozens of
times in my life to email big files.

The learning curve is about 30 minutes and the website talks about a free
trial. I don't know if it's a full trial.

Dallas
September 1, 2005 2:30:44 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

On Thu, 01 Sep 2005 07:13:27 GMT, "Dudley Henriques"
<dhenriques@noware .net> brought the following to our attention:

>In other words, I just need a bit of advice as to how this is going to work
>and what I need to know to do it right!
>Thanks much as always,
>Dudley
>

WinZip can `split' a ZIP file.. clip from HELP sction follows.


Splitting Zip files

WinZip® makes it easy to create Zip files that are split into smaller
pieces of a size that you specify. There are several reasons why you
might want to do this, such as:

* To overcome e-mail size limits. Some e-mail systems limit the
size of attachments; if you want to e-mail a large Zip file that
exceeds your limit, you can split it into smaller parts and e-mail
them separately.

* As an alternative to spanned Zip files when you want to make
multiple copies of the disk set.

* As an alternative to spanned Zip files when you want to make
the disk contents as a separate step from making the disks themselves.

* To assist with large downloads. Some users may have difficulty
downloading very large Zip files from web sites, FTP sites, etc. You
can use the split Zip feature to break large files into smaller pieces
that can be downloaded separately.
Anonymous
September 1, 2005 2:32:44 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

>Need some advice. I want to get this puppy but I'm going to have to download
>it on another computer and transfer the download back home here to install
>it on this system. I only have a simple dial up here and from the size of
>the DL I'd probably be off line on the group here for the next ten years
>while it came in at 56kbs :-) Our office computer has the DSL I need to get
>the program downloaded.
>Anyway, what I need to know is this. Has anyone else done what I'm going to
>do? (download and go to CD's on one computer and install on a second?
>I'm going to have to put the program on several CD's to get it back here
>from the office.
>Once I get it downloaded and on the desktop, I'll only have the built in
>burn program that comes with XP to get everything on the disks. I'm assuming
>it will take at least two 800 meg CD's (I use Memorex CDRW 800's).
>I've never transferred a program to a CD that took more than one disk. Can I
>do this with what I have and not corrupt anything during the switch from the
>first CD to the second?
>When you do this, will the first CD stop at a complete file and tell you to
>insert another CD or should I explore the program, and manually select files
>that will go on the first CD without splitting up a file?
>In other words, I just need a bit of advice as to how this is going to work
>and what I need to know to do it right!

Dudley,

If you are not already set with someone else I can burn the
installation program (1.15Gb) on a DVD, as long as you have a DVD
reader... When you launch it the wrapper software allows you to
purchase or re-install as usual with Flight One products

===
All the best!
Katy Pluta
Anonymous
September 1, 2005 5:54:44 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

No. Just the XP in house program. I think I'm just going to wait for the
program to be released on CD.
Thanks LD

"Lawn Dart" <willkayakforfoodREMOVE_THIS@gmx.net> wrote in message
news:19tuyep9sg242.dlg@uni-berlin.de...
> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
> Hash: SHA256
>
> Hi Dudley,
>
> On Thu, 01 Sep 2005 07:13:27 GMT, you wrote:
>
>> I'm going to have to put the program on several CD's to get it back
>> here from the office.
>
> Do both the office and your home computers have DVD burning/reading
> drives? If so, the installation .exe, at 1.15 GB, would easily fit
> on a single DVD.
>
> - --
> Melissa
>
> PGP Public Keys: http://www.freewebs.com/kuviahunnihautik/
>
> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
>
> iQCVAwUBQxbFLzEYqNTZBqoEAQhZLwQAvDwI2sGXc5LGCOFKN/o/63TI1rHRwKKY
> 3FOBpz+GWqLmZ/zVvkCbC2RhYcNDNFejEbKEAxhdPajOS3AoJdqw0kmsOcR7Y8P5
> fvgSSXz4OLJWVCEAFZAyPAXjMyNnEPG0tDoJ9tLx1Wq0c8W3ikpEecOy5HS1N90+
> /gveEjYGp4c=
> =QbiW
> -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
Anonymous
September 1, 2005 5:55:42 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

This is an option. I may consider this. Thanks
D

"Quilljar" <wykehill-flightsim@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
news:D f6ive$fbt$1@nwrdmz01.dmz.ncs.ea.ibs-infra.bt.com...
> If there is a chance you could buy or borrow a 1.5Gb or even 2Gb, USB
> flash drive (the kind that looks like a small pocket knife) that would be
> much easier. I use one all the time for all transfers. I keep it in my
> pocket!
>
> Sincerely,
> Quilljar
>
>
>
Anonymous
September 1, 2005 5:56:29 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

Thanks much. I'm considering the options now.
D

"Dallas" <Cybnorm@spam_me_not.Hotmail.Com> wrote in message
news:rvARe.4326$Wd7.2050@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net...
>
> "Dudley Henriques"
>> Need some advice. I want to get this puppy but I'm going to have to
> download
>> it on another computer and transfer the download back home here to
>> install
>> it on this system.
>
> Someone else may have a better idea, but my immediate thought is WinRAR.
>
> http://www.rarlab.com/
>
> This little program can break a big file into as many parts as you desire.
> You burn the parts on to your CDs. Then when you get it home copy all
> the
> parts into a directory and execute the 1st file and it will reassemble all
> the parts back into one.
>
> As our Brit friends might say, it works a treat. I've used this dozens of
> times in my life to email big files.
>
> The learning curve is about 30 minutes and the website talks about a free
> trial. I don't know if it's a full trial.
>
> Dallas
>
>
>
Anonymous
September 1, 2005 6:13:16 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

Thanks very much for this offer Peter. If it dosen't violate any laws or
causes the developer to lose his just profit, I'd sure appreciate this being
done.
I'll back channel you the address.
How will the installation work for me this way? I know it has to be done on
line. Can I purchase the program during the installation process?
Dudley

"Beech45Whiskey" <pjricc@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:o pwf0dz7r0ys$.dlg@ID-259643.user.individual.net...
> Dudley Henriques <dhenriques@noware.net> wrote:
>
>> No. Just the XP in house program. I think I'm just going to wait for the
>> program to be released on CD.
>
> Dudley, if you email me your postal address, I will burn the download to
> CD
> and mail it to you over the weekend. Since the package cannot be unzipped
> without purchasing it over the web, I am sure that this violates no
> software copyright laws. Additionally, CDs are cheap and I have spindles
> of 'em I need to get rid of now that DVDs are the thing. :) 
>
>
> --
> Peter
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> ----== Posted via Newsfeeds.Com - Unlimited-Uncensored-Secure Usenet
> News==----
> http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! 120,000+
> Newsgroups
> ----= East and West-Coast Server Farms - Total Privacy via Encryption
> =----
Anonymous
September 1, 2005 6:52:44 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

My drive is a Samsung DVD/CD-RW Combo 16X/48X-24X-48X as listed on the
specs. Does this help any?
D

"Beech45Whiskey" <pjricc@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:18khdonnc42ce$.dlg@ID-259643.user.individual.net...
> Beech45Whiskey <pjricc@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I would recommend simply copying the EXE file from the CD to your hard
>> drive, then launching it as you normally do had you downloaded it from
>> their website.
>
> Whoops, I just started downloaded this file for you and discovered the
> file
> is over the 800mb CD limit. It is about 1,200 MB.
>
> Did you say you had a DVD-ROM drive? I could burn it to DVD for you.
>
>
>
> --
> Peter
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> ----== Posted via Newsfeeds.Com - Unlimited-Uncensored-Secure Usenet
> News==----
> http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! 120,000+
> Newsgroups
> ----= East and West-Coast Server Farms - Total Privacy via Encryption
> =----
Anonymous
September 1, 2005 6:54:50 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

Thanks Greg. Appreciate it.
D

"Gregory" <flightsim.maps@bkwds.comcast.net> wrote in message
news:qv3eh1pga0gsas3h9oqjmatr8tn8goa9e9@4ax.com...
> On Thu, 01 Sep 2005 07:13:27 GMT, "Dudley Henriques"
> <dhenriques@noware .net> brought the following to our attention:
>
>>In other words, I just need a bit of advice as to how this is going to
>>work
>>and what I need to know to do it right!
>>Thanks much as always,
>>Dudley
>>
>
> WinZip can `split' a ZIP file.. clip from HELP sction follows.
>
>
> Splitting Zip files
>
> WinZip® makes it easy to create Zip files that are split into smaller
> pieces of a size that you specify. There are several reasons why you
> might want to do this, such as:
>
> * To overcome e-mail size limits. Some e-mail systems limit the
> size of attachments; if you want to e-mail a large Zip file that
> exceeds your limit, you can split it into smaller parts and e-mail
> them separately.
>
> * As an alternative to spanned Zip files when you want to make
> multiple copies of the disk set.
>
> * As an alternative to spanned Zip files when you want to make
> the disk contents as a separate step from making the disks themselves.
>
> * To assist with large downloads. Some users may have difficulty
> downloading very large Zip files from web sites, FTP sites, etc. You
> can use the split Zip feature to break large files into smaller pieces
> that can be downloaded separately.
>
>
Anonymous
September 1, 2005 6:56:52 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

Sounds good to me :-)
D

"Beech45Whiskey" <pjricc@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:13vu3wfh6i0sp.dlg@ID-259643.user.individual.net...
> Dudley Henriques <dhenriques@noware.net> wrote:
>
>> Thanks very much for this offer Peter. If it dosen't violate any laws or
>> causes the developer to lose his just profit, I'd sure appreciate this
>> being
>> done.
>
> Again, since the file is protected by their "wrapper," I do not see any
> violation of copyright laws. You cannot unzip it and install it without
> purchasing it.
>
>> I'll back channel you the address.
>> How will the installation work for me this way? I know it has to be done
>> on
>> line. Can I purchase the program during the installation process?
>
> The EXE file is a self-extracting ZIP (compressed) file with Flight1's
> security wrapper draped over it. When you launch the EXE file, you are
> launching the wrapper and the first order of business it presents is the
> ability for you to purchase it. You need an online connection for this.
>
> I would recommend simply copying the EXE file from the CD to your hard
> drive, then launching it as you normally do had you downloaded it from
> their website.
>
>
>
> --
> Peter
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> ----== Posted via Newsfeeds.Com - Unlimited-Uncensored-Secure Usenet
> News==----
> http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! 120,000+
> Newsgroups
> ----= East and West-Coast Server Farms - Total Privacy via Encryption
> =----
Anonymous
September 1, 2005 7:17:36 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

Thanks Pete. Believe it or not, I've never had a dvd disk in this drive and
know very little about the technology. I know the drive can read them, but
I've always simply used Memorex CDRW's for data backup and storage and the
drive for installing programs.
Am I right in assuming that if we had a dvd drive combo at the office, (I
actually don't know this without calling over there :-) I could simply have
downloaded the program and transfered it from the desktop to a blank dvd
disk and done it on a single dvd?
Perhaps I should stock a few of the dvd disks for occasions like this one.
:-))
Dudley

"Beech45Whiskey" <pjricc@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:1r19pgpb18goy.dlg@ID-259643.user.individual.net...
> Dudley Henriques <dhenriques@noware.net> wrote:
>
>> My drive is a Samsung DVD/CD-RW Combo 16X/48X-24X-48X as listed on the
>> specs. Does this help any?
>
> Yep, you are all set. Over the weekend, I'll burn the UT EXE file to a
> DVD
> since your PC will be able to read it.
>
> I'll also throw in some free CDs so that I can reduce my antiquated
> supply.
> Use those as coasters around your house when the guests come over. Just
> kidding. ;-)
>
> --
> Peter
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> ----== Posted via Newsfeeds.Com - Unlimited-Uncensored-Secure Usenet
> News==----
> http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! 120,000+
> Newsgroups
> ----= East and West-Coast Server Farms - Total Privacy via Encryption
> =----
Anonymous
September 1, 2005 7:17:37 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA256

Hi Dudley,

On Thu, 01 Sep 2005 15:17:36 GMT, you wrote:

> Am I right in assuming that if we had a dvd drive combo at the
> office, (I actually don't know this without calling over there :-)
> I could simply have downloaded the program and transfered it from
> the desktop to a blank dvd disk and done it on a single dvd?

Yes. :-)

- --
Melissa

PGP Public Keys: http://www.freewebs.com/kuviahunnihautik/

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----

iQCUAwUBQxcgCDEYqNTZBqoEAQjVvQP48d1644zK+WuA+G4L5nz5XP0qQ2EhgEVh
pU/MTrqfUAqu3EhJs5brhHZmn+AlMkxmU3Bz3yxwMMxObGTrTGE4TGzpmM5YW6KY
C/7ce6Yy9TOWGcf7ZXp/68kD9RuN9wv4rTREynC+nN8+SsezJQu9L8W/r9aMHrKH
7MGh2MBdBg==
=6f4u
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
Anonymous
September 1, 2005 7:55:55 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

Pete; what should I be looking for to determine if the drive has writable
capability? In looking at my specs here at home, my drive only says DVD in
relation the DVD capabilities. Is there some acronym in the specs for a DVD
drive that tells you it's writable as well as readable?
D

"Beech45Whiskey" <pjricc@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:o wmwxpotqoaw$.dlg@ID-259643.user.individual.net...
> Dudley Henriques <dhenriques@noware.net> wrote:
>
>> Am I right in assuming that if we had a dvd drive combo at the office, (I
>> actually don't know this without calling over there :-) I could simply
>> have
>> downloaded the program and transfered it from the desktop to a blank dvd
>> disk and done it on a single dvd?
>
> That depends. If this office DVD/CD combo drive is capable of writing
> DVDs, then the answer is yes. However, many typical DVD/CD combo drives
> that are a year or two old (or older) are capable of CD writing and
> reading, but can only do DVD reading.
>
>> Perhaps I should stock a few of the dvd disks for occasions like this
>> one.
>
> Again, if your drive is capable of burning (writing) DVDs, then yes. The
> price of DVD read-writable medium has fallen drastically over the last few
> years.
>
> --
> Peter
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> ----== Posted via Newsfeeds.Com - Unlimited-Uncensored-Secure Usenet
> News==----
> http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! 120,000+
> Newsgroups
> ----= East and West-Coast Server Farms - Total Privacy via Encryption
> =----
Anonymous
September 1, 2005 7:57:50 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

Hi LD;
Seems like I'm learning about DVD drives this morning :-)

"Lawn Dart" <willkayakforfoodREMOVE_THIS@gmx.net> wrote in message
news:4didho3ys74w.dlg@uni-berlin.de...
> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
> Hash: SHA256
>
> Hi Dudley,
>
> On Thu, 01 Sep 2005 15:17:36 GMT, you wrote:
>
>> Am I right in assuming that if we had a dvd drive combo at the
>> office, (I actually don't know this without calling over there :-)
>> I could simply have downloaded the program and transfered it from
>> the desktop to a blank dvd disk and done it on a single dvd?
>
> Yes. :-)
>
> - --
> Melissa
>
> PGP Public Keys: http://www.freewebs.com/kuviahunnihautik/
>
> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
>
> iQCUAwUBQxcgCDEYqNTZBqoEAQjVvQP48d1644zK+WuA+G4L5nz5XP0qQ2EhgEVh
> pU/MTrqfUAqu3EhJs5brhHZmn+AlMkxmU3Bz3yxwMMxObGTrTGE4TGzpmM5YW6KY
> C/7ce6Yy9TOWGcf7ZXp/68kD9RuN9wv4rTREynC+nN8+SsezJQu9L8W/r9aMHrKH
> 7MGh2MBdBg==
> =6f4u
> -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
Anonymous
September 1, 2005 8:41:06 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

Hi KT; I really appreciate that offer. As it turns out, our office system is
a read only as well as the DVD here at home. Beech45Whiskey is I think
burning it for me but if something gets lost in the mail somewhere, it's
great to have you as a backup.
Many thanks. From what I've been hearing, this program with Justin's
Landclass and mesh coupled with the upcoming Birds Eye View should make the
sim a lot nicer to look at.
Dudley

"Katy Pluta" <katypluta@hotmail.invalid> wrote in message
news:72beh1let9jg428vh8l71cgvakvghvk34i@4ax.com...
> >Need some advice. I want to get this puppy but I'm going to have to
> >download
>>it on another computer and transfer the download back home here to install
>>it on this system. I only have a simple dial up here and from the size of
>>the DL I'd probably be off line on the group here for the next ten years
>>while it came in at 56kbs :-) Our office computer has the DSL I need to
>>get
>>the program downloaded.
>>Anyway, what I need to know is this. Has anyone else done what I'm going
>>to
>>do? (download and go to CD's on one computer and install on a second?
>>I'm going to have to put the program on several CD's to get it back here
>>from the office.
>>Once I get it downloaded and on the desktop, I'll only have the built in
>>burn program that comes with XP to get everything on the disks. I'm
>>assuming
>>it will take at least two 800 meg CD's (I use Memorex CDRW 800's).
>>I've never transferred a program to a CD that took more than one disk. Can
>>I
>>do this with what I have and not corrupt anything during the switch from
>>the
>>first CD to the second?
>>When you do this, will the first CD stop at a complete file and tell you
>>to
>>insert another CD or should I explore the program, and manually select
>>files
>>that will go on the first CD without splitting up a file?
>>In other words, I just need a bit of advice as to how this is going to
>>work
>>and what I need to know to do it right!
>
> Dudley,
>
> If you are not already set with someone else I can burn the
> installation program (1.15Gb) on a DVD, as long as you have a DVD
> reader... When you launch it the wrapper software allows you to
> purchase or re-install as usual with Flight One products
>
> ===
> All the best!
> Katy Pluta
Anonymous
September 1, 2005 8:41:07 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

>Hi KT; I really appreciate that offer. As it turns out, our office system is
>a read only as well as the DVD here at home. Beech45Whiskey is I think
>burning it for me but if something gets lost in the mail somewhere, it's
>great to have you as a backup.
>Many thanks. From what I've been hearing, this program with Justin's
>Landclass and mesh coupled with the upcoming Birds Eye View should make the
>sim a lot nicer to look at.

Yep. I am waiting for Bird's Eye View textures as well :-)

===
All the best!
Katy Pluta
September 4, 2005 3:09:04 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

Beech45Whiskey wrote:

> Dudley Henriques <dhenriques@noware.net> wrote:
>
>
>>Pete; what should I be looking for to determine if the drive has writable
>>capability? In looking at my specs here at home, my drive only says DVD in
>>relation the DVD capabilities. Is there some acronym in the specs for a DVD
>>drive that tells you it's writable as well as readable?
>
>
> DVD+/-RW
>
> Look for the RW (read-writable) after the DVD acronym, which hopefully is
> displayed on the front of the DVD drive drawer.


I'm BAAAAACK!!!!

Seriously though, can't someone upload what ever size file they want to
some binaries newsgroup? There are some that have no limit to file size
but if need be they can be split by ZIP.

--

boB,
SAG 70

U.S. Army Aviation (retired)
Central Texas - 5NM West of Gray Army Airfield (KGRK)
September 7, 2005 1:58:27 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

I talked to someone from flight1 about the middle of July and was told that
it would be available on disk sometime the middle of August.
Has anyone else heard that???
Charley

"Katy Pluta" <katypluta@hotmail.invalid> wrote in message
news:90ieh1l1p4vgsco2ukafcm4g2f47889quf@4ax.com...
> >Hi KT; I really appreciate that offer. As it turns out, our office system
> >is
>>a read only as well as the DVD here at home. Beech45Whiskey is I think
>>burning it for me but if something gets lost in the mail somewhere, it's
>>great to have you as a backup..

>>Many thanks. From what I've been hearing, this program with Justin's
>>Landclass and mesh coupled with the upcoming Birds Eye View should make
>>the
>>sim a lot nicer to look at.
>
> Yep. I am waiting for Bird's Eye View textures as well :-)
>
> ===
> All the best!
> Katy Pluta
September 8, 2005 12:27:40 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

Beech45Whiskey wrote:

> boB <akita_77REMOVECAPS@yahoo.Xcom> wrote:
>
>
>>Seriously though, can't someone upload what ever size file they want to
>>some binaries newsgroup? There are some that have no limit to file size
>>but if need be they can be split by ZIP.
>
>
> Yes, binary groups exist for that reason but a file as large as 1.2 Gb
> would have to be split among many, many smaller posts.
>

Well, it was a thought :) 

--

boB,
SAG 70

U.S. Army Aviation (retired)
Central Texas - 5NM West of Gray Army Airfield (KGRK)
!