Hard drive space disappearing

September 24, 2004 1:46:47 AM

I am having problems with free space on my hardrive. I
have deleted all pics and many programs to free up space.
Every time I do it within a matter of minutes it is gone.
At times I have deleted programs to frre space but it
doesn't. I a m at a loss at what to do.

CAN ANYONE PLEASE HELP.

Thanks, Mike
Anonymous
September 24, 2004 5:27:51 AM

May be infected virus

Anonymous
September 24, 2004 9:58:48 AM

Hi Mike,

Have you defragged lately?
Run the disk checker?
Are you uninstalling the programs, or just deleting the program folders?

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Mike" <nut_4_nascar@comcast.net> wrote in message
>I am having problems with free space on my hardrive. I
> have deleted all pics and many programs to free up space.
> Every time I do it within a matter of minutes it is gone.
> At times I have deleted programs to frre space but it
> doesn't. I a m at a loss at what to do.
>
> CAN ANYONE PLEASE HELP.
>
> Thanks, Mike
September 25, 2004 3:57:58 AM

Try emptying the recycle bin.

"Mike" <nut_4_nascar@comcast.net> wrote in message
>I am having problems with free space on my hardrive. I
> have deleted all pics and many programs to free up space.
> Every time I do it within a matter of minutes it is gone.
> At times I have deleted programs to frre space but it
> doesn't. I a m at a loss at what to do.
>
> CAN ANYONE PLEASE HELP.
>
> Thanks, Mike
Anonymous
September 25, 2004 12:31:50 PM

Mike wrote:

> I am having problems with free space on my hardrive. I
> have deleted all pics and many programs to free up space.
> Every time I do it within a matter of minutes it is gone.

What percent of total free space is your virtual memory set to?
!