Hard drive space disappearing

I am having problems with free space on my hardrive. I
have deleted all pics and many programs to free up space.
Every time I do it within a matter of minutes it is gone.
At times I have deleted programs to frre space but it
doesn't. I a m at a loss at what to do.

CAN ANYONE PLEASE HELP.

Thanks, Mike
4 answers Last reply
More about hard drive space disappearing

    May be infected virus

    Hi Mike,

    Have you defragged lately?
    Run the disk checker?
    Are you uninstalling the programs, or just deleting the program folders?

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    "Mike" <nut_4_nascar@comcast.net> wrote in message
    >I am having problems with free space on my hardrive. I
    > have deleted all pics and many programs to free up space.
    > Every time I do it within a matter of minutes it is gone.
    > At times I have deleted programs to frre space but it
    > doesn't. I a m at a loss at what to do.
    >
    > CAN ANYONE PLEASE HELP.
    >
    > Thanks, Mike

    Try emptying the recycle bin.

    Mike wrote:

    > I am having problems with free space on my hardrive. I
    > have deleted all pics and many programs to free up space.
    > Every time I do it within a matter of minutes it is gone.

    What percent of total free space is your virtual memory set to?

Hard Drives Free Space Microsoft Windows XP