PCCHIPS K8 A31G - SATA Problems !!!

ZappaMan

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2006
I have a new! PCCHIPS K8 A31G I also got a new Maxtor V6080E0 SATA but when I plug it in I dont get to se my new hard drive on my windows :( I do have two otehr drives which I'm using the IDE connection for. I have installed the drivers on the cd that came with the board but nothing & what is annoying is that the computer knows that there new hard drive is their when I look in the bios.

Does anyone have a similar problem or am I just dumb, infact just leave it as, does anyone have a similar problem?

:)

ZappaMan

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2006
I never knew that if you dont partition a drive you never got the drive letter, but that seems to be teh case with this. Thanks for looking at this ad...

:)

PeterGower

Distinguished
May 30, 2006
first of all, do you have partitioned your HDD? if not, go to control panel, then administrative tools then computer management, when there found disk management, click on it in the right side of the panel you will be able to see the new HDD, the you must right click on it and then partition and format it, then it must show up in windows My Computer or the explorer...
Hope it will help

scifiman40

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
ZappaMan,

I just bought this mobo from AscendTech, Inc.(These guys ripped me off with their ad. They gave me a Athlon xp-m, designed for a notebook processor. Won't let me return it for refund. Never do business with them again!) The controllers came DOA. I got the mobo booting up, but it will not recognize any drives except for SATA. I configured the BIOS well. The BIOS is lousy! I've seen better. I'm trying to install a Ultra PCItx2 controller card. This will detect the ide/eide drives. So far, I can't install any OS on them. Useless mobo!! I'm still trying to get a drive working with software with a cd\dvd drive. No luck!

I would not recommend it again because of the lousy BIOS. You might want to see if you can flash the BIOS to a better version.

Sincerely,
:cry:
SOL mobo man