Sign in with
Your question

Video Card Interface Speed Question

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
June 11, 2006 10:57:05 PM

Can I use a video card with an interface speed of 8x on a motherboard that only supports 1x/2x/4x?
a b U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
June 11, 2006 11:27:11 PM

As a matter of fact, yes you can...

just a friendly head's up tho, there are numerous threads that ask this very same question...try doing a thread/web search before posting...

just curious, what video card with what mobo?
June 11, 2006 11:29:58 PM

It'll work fine. There is very little, if any, performance difference.
Related resources
June 12, 2006 12:29:29 AM

I have the 4x, agp 2.0, 1.5v slot too and I have been trying to figure out how good of a graphics card I could get without it being bottlnecked by the 4x slot. I was thinking about getting x1600 pro or an x800 gto. Does anybody know at what card would be best for the 4x slot? Most of the comparisons I have seen are with older cards.
June 12, 2006 12:40:38 AM

Quote:
As a matter of fact, yes you can...

just a friendly head's up tho, there are numerous threads that ask this very same question...try doing a thread/web search before posting...

just curious, what video card with what mobo?

Oops. Sorry about that. I did do a search on my motherboard but I didn't on interface speed. Duh me. :lol:  Like I'm new to forum searches or something. Heh. :lol: 

Motherboard? It's an ole Soyo SY-K7V Dragon Plus. I've got a GeForce Ti200 on her right now with an AMD XP 1900 processor and 512MB of RAM on one stick. Been running this since 2000. I just got in the upgrade mode and am wondering how far I can take her. I'd like to increase memory and upgrade the video card.

All thoughts welcome.
!