Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Vcore drops upon waking from sleep

Last response: in Windows 7
Share
November 10, 2009 5:18:00 AM

Hello,

I am running my computer with a relatively modest oc that is 100% stable. For this I need a vcore of 1.424v. The computer starts up with this voltage and stays at it indefinitely. However, if I put the computer to sleep, when I wake it up the vcore drops to 1.312v.

This obviously makes my machine unstable.

Could someone please tell me how to fix this?

Cool and quiet is disabled and my power scheme is on high performance.
a b $ Windows 7
November 10, 2009 6:48:55 AM

The thought never occured to list the computer specifications? More specifically, what computer? You might try the motherboard or CPU section for your question. Windows 7 has nothing to do with the Vcore.
m
0
l
November 10, 2009 12:28:32 PM

Well, since this never happened before in XP I assumed it was Windows 7 specific. IT may be a problem with my gigabyte board, but I have seen this problem with users using ASUS boards as well.

Thanks for the help *rollseyes*
m
0
l
Related resources
a b $ Windows 7
November 10, 2009 3:58:43 PM

vnv727 said:
Well, since this never happened before in XP I assumed it was Windows 7 specific. IT may be a problem with my gigabyte board, but I have seen this problem with users using ASUS boards as well.

Thanks for the help *rollseyes*


Search the MB online product page for A bios update which may address any wake from sleep issue. Or update to the latest BIOS and see if that helps. The BIOS controls the Vcore. This is how to roll the eyes :sarcastic:  Very nice job with the invisible ink and the listing of the system specs. It's common knowledge to list the system specs on a tech site if you expect help. But, it's ok. Really.... A BIOS is a BIOS in this instance.
m
-1
l
November 10, 2009 7:11:21 PM

Yes, I realize the bios controls the vcore. If you read my post you would see it starts up with the right vcore. For some reason however when it wakes from sleep cpuz shows the vcore at it's stock value. Once shut down and started back up the vcore is where it should be once again.

I was just asking for some help, instead I got snide comments.

I didn't fill in my system specs because I thought this might be a very common problem with windows 7. That is why I posted in the windows 7 forum. I now see it it more system specific so I will fill in my specs when I have the time and post in a more specific forum.
:bounce: 
m
0
l
a b $ Windows 7
November 10, 2009 7:33:58 PM

Quote:
Yes, I realize the bios controls the vcore.

Obviously you didn't know until I told you. Otherwise you would have posted in the MB/CPU section and asked something like, "If I check my MB online download page for a BIOS version that addresses wake from sleep fix, or download the latest BIOS for my MB, would that be a solution? Is there an option in BIOS related to wake from sleep?"

Quote:
If you read my post you would see it starts up with the right vcore.


The right Vcore? You set the Vcore manually? Vcore is defaulted in BIOS then?

Quote:
For some reason however when it wakes from sleep cpuz shows the vcore at it's stock value.


Stock value? BIOS would determine the Vcore.

Quote:
Once shut down and started back up the vcore is where it should be once again.


At BIOS default. Vcore can be adjusted manually.

Quote:
I was just asking for some help, instead I got snide comments.


You were asking for help and provided no information other than:

Quote:
I am running my computer...Could someone please tell me how to fix this?


Did it occur to you listing the system specification such as MB, CP, RAM, PSU, VC, etc. might give some clue as to the problem to anyone readng you're post ? I don't appreciate you're reference to my post as being snide. If anything you are nOOb who just learned his MB BIOS controls the Vcore and has sleep options which you have never noticed. Read the manual.

Quote:
I didn't fill in my system specs because I thought this might be a very common problem with windows 7.


And you still have not given the system specs last I read the thread of nOOb questions you have posed without giving any system specification.


Quote:
That is why I posted in the windows 7 forum. I now see it it more system specific so I will fill in my specs when I have the time and post in a more specific forum. :bounce: 


Don't expect any more help than you received here with the nOOb attitude.
m
0
l
a b $ Windows 7
November 10, 2009 8:02:21 PM

vnv727 said:
Hello,

I am running my computer with a relatively modest oc that is 100% stable. For this I need a vcore of 1.424v. The computer starts up with this voltage and stays at it indefinitely. However, if I put the computer to sleep, when I wake it up the vcore drops to 1.312v.

This obviously makes my machine unstable.

Could someone please tell me how to fix this?

Cool and quiet is disabled and my powerscheme is on high performance.


Could someone please tell me how to fix this? Yes, specifically in you're case.


m
0
l
November 10, 2009 8:02:36 PM

Listen, my machine is overcflocked to 3.81ghz. I needed to up my vcore which I did manually in the bios. For some reason, and even though my bios HAS NOT CHANGED since I upgraded from xp to 7, my vcore drops to the stock bios value setting (it is basically ignoring the +.125v I added to the vcore in the bios)

And before you make assumptions about me being a noob, this is the third computer I've built and oc'ed myself. I may not know as much as some, but I am active on ocn.

I didn't post my system specs because I was away last night and had some free time and thought I'd ask the question. I'll be back home tonight and able to check model numbers.

So once again, thanks for your help. Dick.
m
0
l
a b $ Windows 7
November 10, 2009 8:06:30 PM

Don't bother. nOOb.
m
0
l
!