Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Autopilot

Tags:
  • Games
  • Microsoft
  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
Share
Anonymous
September 2, 2005 12:44:19 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

Hi Everyone

Is it possible to use autopilot and let it land the planes instead of
landing yourself??

thanks

More about : autopilot

Anonymous
September 2, 2005 12:44:20 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

amangill? lol....


errr yes it is, on some planes, however i never trust it as it often slams
the front wheel into the ground, causing it to break off.

--
From Overlag - Adam Webb
"Cameron" <cameronpeters@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
news:4316db7e$0$21235$afc38c87@news.optusnet.com.au...
> Hi Everyone
>
> Is it possible to use autopilot and let it land the planes instead of
> landing yourself??
>
> thanks
>
Anonymous
September 2, 2005 12:44:20 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

On Thu, 1 Sep 2005 20:44:19 +1000, Cameron wrote:

> Is it possible to use autopilot and let it land the planes instead of
> landing yourself??

No... FS9 does not have a "Land Me" feature. The closest you could get
would be some high-quality (read: payware!) airliners with a CAT III
autopilot system installed.

Bill
Related resources
Anonymous
September 2, 2005 12:44:20 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

I let AP and Auto-throttle take my 737-400 right to the threshold of
the runway, there I disengage the IAS hold and throttle down. When the
plane is no more than 25-50' from touchdown I disengage the AP and
flare ever-so-slightly. The plane lands picture perfect almost every
time.
-Greg
Anonymous
September 2, 2005 12:44:21 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

Bill Leaming wrote:
> ... FS9 does not have a "Land Me" feature...

I know that's what the docs say.
But Autopilot seems to land me to ILS
just fine in anything from Cessna
to 737. Just hit the approach button.
It will bring me down in altitude even
if I have altitude set and still activated.
Only thing I have to manually control
is throttle.


Lumpy
--
In Your Ears for 40 Years
http://www.lumpymusic.com
Anonymous
September 2, 2005 12:44:21 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

aakermit wrote:
> I let AP and Auto-throttle take my 737-400 right to the threshold
> of the runway, there I disengage the IAS hold and throttle down.
> When the plane is no more than 25-50' from touchdown I disengage
> the AP and flare ever-so-slightly. The plane lands picture
> perfect almost every time.

I tried doing that, as the docs suggest.
But the moment I disengage the AP, the plane
suddenly gains altitude, sometimes to stall point,
or it turns hard left or right and crashes.

Should disengaging the AP keep all the aleirons,
rudder etc all in the same position?


Lumpy
Anonymous
September 2, 2005 1:08:06 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

What is your airspeed in the 737 when you disengage? It should be
around 140 KIAs.
Greg
Anonymous
September 2, 2005 6:11:57 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

i can get the 737-400 to follow the ILS, however it never lands the right
way! If i feeling bored, i let the AP take it in till about 500feet, then
take over. By that time the plane is trimmed/set almost perfectly, and
doesnt need much correction other than getting the wheels down in the
correct order and under 250ft/min.

Hell i did one in 80ft/min the other day, i didnt even know id touched the
ground! lol

--
From Overlag - Adam Webb


"Lumpy" <lumpy@digitalcartography.com> wrote in message
news:3npkuaF2otqvU1@individual.net...
> Bill Leaming wrote:
>> ... FS9 does not have a "Land Me" feature...
>
> I know that's what the docs say.
> But Autopilot seems to land me to ILS
> just fine in anything from Cessna
> to 737. Just hit the approach button.
> It will bring me down in altitude even
> if I have altitude set and still activated.
> Only thing I have to manually control
> is throttle.
>
>
> Lumpy
> --
> In Your Ears for 40 Years
> http://www.lumpymusic.com
>
>
September 2, 2005 2:48:50 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

Does the Cessna have an approach button? The Cessna autopilot just hold the
controls where you left them doesn't it? ie: if you engage AP whilst in a
dive, it'll hold the dive etc.
Chris.

--
I'm not always right,
But I'm never wrong!
"Lumpy" <lumpy@digitalcartography.com> wrote in message
news:3npkuaF2otqvU1@individual.net...
> Bill Leaming wrote:
>> ... FS9 does not have a "Land Me" feature...
>
> I know that's what the docs say.
> But Autopilot seems to land me to ILS
> just fine in anything from Cessna
> to 737. Just hit the approach button.
> It will bring me down in altitude even
> if I have altitude set and still activated.
> Only thing I have to manually control
> is throttle.
>
>
> Lumpy
> --
> In Your Ears for 40 Years
> http://www.lumpymusic.com
>
>
Anonymous
September 2, 2005 10:50:59 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

"Bill Leaming" <n4gix@comcast.net> wrote in message
news:vovh4sip20h6$.m7d0947gvce3.dlg@40tude.net...
> On Thu, 1 Sep 2005 20:44:19 +1000, Cameron wrote:
>
> > Is it possible to use autopilot and let it land the planes instead of
> > landing yourself??
>
> No... FS9 does not have a "Land Me" feature. The closest you could get
> would be some high-quality (read: payware!) airliners with a CAT III
> autopilot system installed.
>
Not necessarily.

I use an iFDG Airbus A319 with a panel by Marco Spada which is based on Eric
Marciano's A320 panel which autolands perfectly using the FMC and all for
the cost of registered copy of NavData to use the realCRT gauges.

--

Simon
Anonymous
September 3, 2005 12:37:20 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

On Thu, 1 Sep 2005 17:33:08 -0700, Lumpy wrote:

> Bill Leaming wrote:
>> ... FS9 does not have a "Land Me" feature...
>
> I know that's what the docs say.
> But Autopilot seems to land me to ILS
> just fine in anything from Cessna
> to 737. Just hit the approach button.
> It will bring me down in altitude even
> if I have altitude set and still activated.
> Only thing I have to manually control
> is throttle.

If you want to believe that a CAT I landing system is the same as a CAT III
system, of course you are free to do so. Nevertheless, there is no "Land
Me" as there was in FS2k.

Bill
Anonymous
September 3, 2005 12:37:21 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

Bill Leaming wrote:
> > > ... FS9 does not have a "Land Me" feature...

Lumpy wrote:
> > I know that's what the docs say.
> > But Autopilot seems to land me to ILS
> > just fine in anything from Cessna
> > to 737. Just hit the approach button.
> > It will bring me down in altitude even
> > if I have altitude set and still activated.
> > Only thing I have to manually control
> > is throttle.

Bill Leaming wrote:
> If you want to believe that a CAT I landing
> system is the same as a CAT III system, of
> course you are free to do so. Nevertheless,
> there is no "Land Me" as there was in FS2k.

Well pardon me for not being on your tech
level. I don't know what the heck Cat I or III
is. I'm simply stating that the darn thing
seems to land me. I'm not a pilot.

Whatever it is/does, it seems to set me down
on the runway without crashing. Whether that's
"land me" or something else, I have no idea.

Thanks for your encouragement.


Lumpy
Anonymous
September 3, 2005 1:57:55 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

On Fri, 2 Sep 2005 18:50:59 +0100, Simon Pocock wrote:

>> No... FS9 does not have a "Land Me" feature. The closest you could get
>> would be some high-quality (read: payware!) airliners with a CAT III
>> autopilot system installed.
>>
> Not necessarily.
>
> I use an iFDG Airbus A319 with a panel by Marco Spada which is based on Eric
> Marciano's A320 panel which autolands perfectly using the FMC and all for
> the cost of registered copy of NavData to use the realCRT gauges.

And paying for Tony D'Ambrosio's "readCRT gauges" is different from payware
how?

Bill
September 4, 2005 3:13:15 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

> i can get the 737-400 to follow the ILS, however it never lands the right
> way! If i feeling bored, i let the AP take it in till about 500feet, then
> take over. By that time the plane is trimmed/set almost perfectly, and
> doesnt need much correction other than getting the wheels down in the
> correct order and under 250ft/min.
>
> Hell i did one in 80ft/min the other day, i didnt even know id touched the
> ground! lol
>

Doesn't anyone take on the task of flying the whole ILS, from GS
intercept to landing? Not only would you need to do it that way when
taking a check ride from your local GADO, you would also get a great
feeling of a job well done. :) 

--

boB,
SAG 70

U.S. Army Aviation (retired)
Central Texas - 5NM West of Gray Army Airfield (KGRK)
September 4, 2005 8:47:45 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

I haven't read through this but it looks like an AutoLanding tutorial.
Look in the ZIP for the tut...

Hawker Siddeley Trident package
File Name trident.zip

--

boB,
SAG 70

U.S. Army Aviation (retired)
Central Texas - 5NM West of Gray Army Airfield (KGRK)
Related resources
!