HP 855C print Head going bad?

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
a b α HP
March 25, 2005 12:02:45 PM

I`ve had this printer for 8 years. Light printing usually with an occasional
large file.
The print test shows the color fine; no banding or different intensity.

The black cartridge has been replaced twice.
After a week or so on the first one, ink smeared on the paper and there was
quite a bit of ink all over the head of the cart.
Another cart, in for 2 weeks, was similar but so far hasn`t smeared the paper.

The half inch high HP DESKJET 850c TEST LINE has a 1/8inch white band thru the
center and none of the black ink is as dark as it should be.
Other black test printing at the bottom is almost unreadable.

Color patter blocks are fine.

I`ve cleaned the cartridge contacts on the print head and the cart.

Advice?
Many Thanks
Regards Buddy B

More about : 855c print head bad

Anonymous
a b α HP
March 26, 2005 2:57:17 AM

<Buddy b @yippi.ti.ye> wrote in message
> I`ve had this printer for 8 years. Light printing usually with an occasional
> large file.
> The print test shows the color fine; no banding or different intensity.
>
> The black cartridge has been replaced twice.
> After a week or so on the first one, ink smeared on the paper and there was
> quite a bit of ink all over the head of the cart.
> Another cart, in for 2 weeks, was similar but so far hasn`t smeared the
> paper.

After 8 years the spittoon has filled up. See the following for cleaning
instructions:
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Docume....
It is an easy process, but do not drop the ink sludge on your desk or carpet
:-).

Regards,
a b α HP
March 26, 2005 7:25:10 PM

On Fri, 25 Mar 2005 23:57:17 -0800, "Bob Headrick" <bobh@proaxis.com> wrote:

><Buddy b @yippi.ti.ye> wrote in message
>> I`ve had this printer for 8 years. Light printing usually with an occasional
>> large file.
>> The print test shows the color fine; no banding or different intensity.
>>
>> The black cartridge has been replaced twice.
>> After a week or so on the first one, ink smeared on the paper and there was
>> quite a bit of ink all over the head of the cart.
>> Another cart, in for 2 weeks, was similar but so far hasn`t smeared the
>> paper.
>
>After 8 years the spittoon has filled up. See the following for cleaning
>instructions:
>http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Docume....
>It is an easy process, but do not drop the ink sludge on your desk or carpet
>:-).
>
>Regards,
>Bob Headrick, not speaking for my employer HP

Many thanks, Bob. bet that does the trick.
Now to get my wife to do it:>)
Regards Buddy B
!