caffeineaddict03

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2006
Hi everybody, just trying to look for suggestions to this issue I've been having with a computer I'm building for a friend. I threw everything together and when I go to power it on lights and fans come on but nothing happens. No BIOS screen, no beep codes and I'm left with a "no signal" message on the monitor. I've swapped video cards and power supplies with ones I know should be plenty of power but still changes nothing. Tried different CPUs, memory and motherboards too. I've built a few comps before and never has this problem and it's left me stumped.

The stuff I put together has an..

Ultra V-series 350-watt PSU
Mach Speed V880DAS-OC (motherboard)
Sempron 2400+ Thoroughbred
1 gig pc3200 memory
160GB Maxtor
geforcefx 5500

I've swapped the video card with an old sapphire 9600xt
I've swapped the mobo with an epox 8krai pro and a biostar
I've swapped the ram with some geil memory
I've swapped the PSU with some brand I've never heard of but worked in a comp before and had a higher output of power.....

So why I can't get this thing to boot is a total mystery to me and a few of my other friends.

1Tanker

Splendid
Apr 28, 2006
Hi everybody, just trying to look for suggestions to this issue I've been having with a computer I'm building for a friend. I threw everything together and when I go to power it on lights and fans come on but nothing happens. No BIOS screen, no beep codes and I'm left with a "no signal" message on the monitor. I've swapped video cards and power supplies with ones I know should be plenty of power but still changes nothing. Tried different CPUs, memory and motherboards too. I've built a few comps before and never has this problem and it's left me stumped.

The stuff I put together has an..

Ultra V-series 350-watt PSU
Mach Speed V880DAS-OC (motherboard)
Sempron 2400+ Thoroughbred
1 gig pc3200 memory
160GB Maxtor
geforcefx 5500

I've swapped the video card with an old sapphire 9600xt
I've swapped the mobo with an epox 8krai pro and a biostar
I've swapped the ram with some geil memory
I've swapped the PSU with some brand I've never heard of but worked in a comp before and had a higher output of power.....

So why I can't get this thing to boot is a total mystery to me and a few of my other friends.
Did you plug your monitor into the video card?

Did you plug your monitor into the video card?

lol.... the obvious solution always eludes people...

Anyway, if you have plugged the monitor into the video card..... make sure you have also plugged any molex connectors into the back of the video card. My Geforce 6800gt requires 2 of them, and if I don't have both plugged in, my system won't boot.

hawkstar

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2006
I had a similar problem with a Sempron build last year - though different mobo; turned out that both the 24 pin AND the 4 pin power leads needed to be connected to the mobo.

NewbieinAZ

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2006
I have the SAME PROBLEM! Have you found a solution yet?

My 7600 does not have a molex connector for power. I do see on the 6000 series it requires that. I connected my LCD monitor with a connector to the video DVI port on the GeForece card. It has two DVI ports I only connected one.

My first build just turned it on lights and fans but that is it.

ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe
AMD Athlon 64 FX 939 Processor Dual Core
Kingston 2GB RAM
Antec P180B
NVidia Ge Force 7600 GT
NEX dual layer DVD CD +-RW
Seagate 400 GB Hard Drive
600W power supply